• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2023
    "HM moves are usable without being taught, simply acquire the requisite badge"

Very nice! Will try out your hack. Glad to know you're still active and responding to messages.

Edit: Also including a readme file for each individual patch is a nice touch. Props!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2020
    Is there a way to get this hack without the added pokemon? I want to do an emerald nuzlocke with all these extra enhancements, but I still want it to be close to the original experience with the original catchable pokemon.

Years
  • "HM moves are usable without being taught, simply acquire the requisite badge"

Very nice! Will try out your hack. Glad to know you're still active and responding to messages.

Edit: Also including a readme file for each individual patch is a nice touch. Props!

I really appreciate that :) I felt like it was the right choice to make individual READMEs and I'm glad someone took notice!

Years
  • Is there a way to get this hack without the added pokemon? I want to do an emerald nuzlocke with all these extra enhancements, but I still want it to be close to the original experience with the original catchable pokemon.

Yes, actually! I thought someone might be interested in that for nuzlocke purposes and made a patch for it. Was going to include it in the next version but I'll post it here too since it's taking so long.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dj2k92fohdd9bq/Vanilla Wilds.ips?dl=0

Hope you enjoy!

Years
  • i have last 2 suggestions if it's ok.. Eggs hatch at level 1 and updated pokemon cries. I'll leave the link for the updated cries if you are interested! https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=390701

I can't decide on the level 1 egg hatch, it seems negligible plus in my mind you're breeding pokemon for egg moves and probably only seriously in the post game so you'll want a few levels for use in the EV training cave and then you'll set their level to 50 anyway (or 100 post Steven in the next version...). Only thing it has going for it is that it's how newer gens do it and thematically it makes sense to start at the minimum level.

As for updating the cries, it's not something I have considered since I don't play with the volume on. If enough people want that I'll add it but it'll be a tedious process to do so I'd rather not if it's only something that a few people want :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2020
    I can't decide on the level 1 egg hatch, it seems negligible plus in my mind you're breeding pokemon for egg moves and probably only seriously in the post game so you'll want a few levels for use in the EV training cave and then you'll set their level to 50 anyway (or 100 post Steven in the next version...). Only thing it has going for it is that it's how newer gens do it and thematically it makes sense to start at the minimum level.

As for updating the cries, it's not something I have considered since I don't play with the volume on. If enough people want that I'll add it but it'll be a tedious process to do so I'd rather not if it's only something that a few people want :)

copy that, thank you for responding again :3 looking forward to your future updates so i'm bookmarking this xD best emerald hack ever!

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2020
    so i think i found a bug. everytime i catch a pokemon, the texts are off the placement
    CpySn4S

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2023
    I really appreciate that :) I felt like it was the right choice to make individual READMEs and I'm glad someone took notice!

I'm a fan of modding even outside Pokémon games. So I have pretty decent experience playing them. And I know some mods that just give you the files with no guide whatsoever.

Worst I encountered was a mod so difficult to setup I actually had to learn how to use the modding tool they used to make the mod. And guides for that are usually outdated, if they even exist. So that was a blast lol.

That's why I appreciate it when modders pay attention to detail and make the effort to include guides/instructions. Because I know it's not required; so when it's there, it's highly appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2020
    Hey, so when I apply the "Vanilla Wilds" patch to my rom with the "Emerald Final v7.38" patch on it, it appears to remove all previous patches and turn it into a normal emerald rom. Is there something wrong with the patch or am I doing something wrong?

Years
  • Hey, so when I apply the "Vanilla Wilds" patch to my rom with the "Emerald Final v7.38" patch on it, it appears to remove all previous patches and turn it into a normal emerald rom. Is there something wrong with the patch or am I doing something wrong?

I'll check after work lol I might have made it mistake when making it

Years
  • Hey, so when I apply the "Vanilla Wilds" patch to my rom with the "Emerald Final v7.38" patch on it, it appears to remove all previous patches and turn it into a normal emerald rom. Is there something wrong with the patch or am I doing something wrong?

Okay I was afraid of this, for whatever reason when you try to make an IPS patch to make the ROM have the original values it gets funky, so for now I made a patch that is the same as the main Emerald Final v7.38 patch but with the vanilla wilds, luckily I foresaw this and wrote down the location of the wild encounter table lol
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qctmgnv0dg6ehv/Final v7.38 with Vanilla Wilds.ips?dl=0

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    This ROM Hack is so fantastic and I'm so glad I discovered it whilst searching for a "Modernized Mechanics" Updated Catch 'em All hack for the Gen 3 games. I used to love LockSmithArmy's "Pokemon Ultra Violet" ROM Hack, but it hasn't aged all too well. I was playing a certain Pokemon ROM Hack that can't be mentioned on here because its NSFW but is rather popular. I enjoyed a lot of the newer mechanics they added on that hack like the new .exp share mechanic and being able to run indoors. But I finally lost interest in it because I dislike all of the difficulty tweaks they did on it. They are bearable at best, they just added more stuff I find not too fun now 😢

Anyway I wanted to scratch this persisting PokeRus itch that ROM hack left on me so I tried firing up "UV" again, but as I said the hack didn't age all too well. So I searched for a newer ROM Hack that added these new features in and I found this neat mod. And I'm currently enjoying it 😁 I did prefer Emerald over Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red and Leaf Green anyway because of the neat Pokemon entrance animations. I despise contests though. Anyhoo, I just decided to leave a message on here thanking you for this neat ROM Hack of yours.

And before I end this post, can I ask a small question, if it's not a bother?

Can you point me to a modernized catch 'em all Fire Red ROM Hack similar to what you did here? I just want a Fire Red hack that lets you catch all Gen 1 to 3 Pokemon that also offers the upgrades this hack offers. And no Gen 4 and up 'mons, no Fairy type, no Mega evolutions and anything else like that 🙂

Years
  • This ROM Hack is so fantastic and I'm so glad I discovered it whilst searching for a "Modernized Mechanics" Updated Catch 'em All hack for the Gen 3 games. I used to love LockSmithArmy's "Pokemon Ultra Violet" ROM Hack, but it hasn't aged all too well. I was playing a certain Pokemon ROM Hack that can't be mentioned on here because its NSFW but is rather popular. I enjoyed a lot of the newer mechanics they added on that hack like the new .exp share mechanic and being able to run indoors. But I finally lost interest in it because I dislike all of the difficulty tweaks they did on it. They are bearable at best, they just added more stuff I find not too fun now 😢

Anyway I wanted to scratch this persisting PokeRus itch that ROM hack left on me so I tried firing up "UV" again, but as I said the hack didn't age all too well. So I searched for a newer ROM Hack that added these new features in and I found this neat mod. And I'm currently enjoying it 😁 I did prefer Emerald over Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red and Leaf Green anyway because of the neat Pokemon entrance animations. I despise contests though. Anyhoo, I just decided to leave a message on here thanking you for this neat ROM Hack of yours.

And before I end this post, can I ask a small question, if it's not a bother?

Can you point me to a modernized catch 'em all Fire Red ROM Hack similar to what you did here? I just want a Fire Red hack that lets you catch all Gen 1 to 3 Pokemon that also offers the upgrades this hack offers. And no Gen 4 and up 'mons, no Fairy type, no Mega evolutions and anything else like that 🙂

Fire Red Throwback I think is what you're looking for!

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    @dearman4:

Thanks for your reply man 😊

I took a look at Fire Red Throwback...

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285094

... but RichterSnipes, Fire Red Throwback's Author, clearly wrote on the Hack's description...

"...No Hoenn Pokémon are in the game, but I do have plans for Hoenn in the future. ..."

So NOT exactly a "Catch 'em All" hack. Well you can indeed catch all Kanto and Johto Pokemon in his hack, but not Hoenn Pokemon. If only LockSmithArmy is still active to revisit "UV" 🙁

Years
  • @dearman4:

Thanks for your reply man 😊

I took a look at Fire Red Throwback...

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285094

... but RichterSnipes, Fire Red Throwback's Author, clearly wrote on the Hack's description...

"...No Hoenn Pokémon are in the game, but I do have plans for Hoenn in the future. ..."

So NOT exactly a "Catch 'em All" hack. Well you can indeed catch all Kanto and Johto Pokemon in his hack, but not Hoenn Pokemon. If only LockSmithArmy is still active to revisit "UV" 🙁

My bad I thought it had them all!

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    @dearman4:

No worries man you didn't do anything wrong 🙂

I was hoping Throwback had 'em all (All Pokemons up to Gen 3) too, just like "UV" was, but we can't go against a Hack Author's vision for his hack. We can give suggestions yes, but ultimately you guys have the last say as to how you would like your creations to go.

Back