• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
  • So, here's a problem...

Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Other than that, I'm enjoying things immensely!

I'm aware of that glitch, and currently unable to fix it, but luckily it doesn't really affect the game. If I can find a way to fix it, I will! Thanks for bringing it up all the same, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2019
    dearman4, first off, amazing hack. Thank you so much for making this. I love how you tried to keep it as original as possible while adding various helpful things like reusable TMs and all catchable pokemon. I haven't really found anything to report, but I am wondering if there's a list showing where pokemon are, possibly including the percentage of how rare it is to find them? Cause I saw a Hitmonchan in the desert and accidentally fainted it, a d I've been running around for 30 minutes without seeing another one. I've seen comments mentioning a "README" but I haven't found the actual thing anywhere, so could you maybe comment the link, or let me know if there's another list somewhere?

Last edited:
    Years
  • dearman4, first off, amazing hack. Thank you so much for making this. I love how you tried to keep it as original as possible while adding various helpful things like reusable TMs and all catchable pokemon. I haven't really found anything to report, but I am wondering if there's a list showing where pokemon are, possibly including the percentage of how rare it is to find them? Cause I saw a Hitmonchan in the desert and accidentally fainted it, a d I've been running around for 30 minutes without seeing another one. I've seen comments mentioning a "README" but I haven't found the actual thing anywhere, so could you maybe comment the link, or let me know if there's another list somewhere?

I'm so glad you are enjoying it! There are still a few things that need some work that have been giving me a lot of trouble but I'm hoping to have them resolved soon.

In either the archive or the DropBox link on the first post, there's a README folder, and inside is a file named "Wild Encounter List" which is an .xhtml file that will open up in your browser and that lists all the locations with wild pokemon, which ones are where (such as surfing vs fishing, as well as the different Rods needed), and the encounter chance of each. Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are both 1% encounters so you'll need a touch of luck to find them. Just make sure if you use the DropBox version, you download the file and then open it or else it opens up as a text file rather than an .xhtml file.

Any other issues feel free to comment here or send me a message!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2019
    Thanks alot man, I appreciate it. I did find one slight glitch, though it doesn't affect gameplay. When you enter Fortree city gym, the levers you have to walk into to get to the trainers/gym leader, they glitch out and turn into like a f**ked up version of your character, that moves when you move. Like I said, it doesn't affect gameplay, it's just visual. Can also be easily passed up by going into your bag/pokemon list and exiting out. Just figured I'd let you know, and I'll keep a lookout for any other bugs/glitches I find.

Years
  • Thanks alot man, I appreciate it. I did find one slight glitch, though it doesn't affect gameplay. When you enter Fortree city gym, the levers you have to walk into to get to the trainers/gym leader, they glitch out and turn into like a f**ked up version of your character, that moves when you move. Like I said, it doesn't affect gameplay, it's just visual. Can also be easily passed up by going into your bag/pokemon list and exiting out. Just figured I'd let you know, and I'll keep a lookout for any other bugs/glitches I find.

Thought I had fixed that one tbh... Appreciate the heads up!

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2021
    I found this hack a couple of days ago and i've been really tempted to fully play it but there is a slight problem.

I want to fully beat it: Pokédex, Contests and Battle Frontier. And both the 1% chances + the EXP grind are really an impediment more than a fun feature.

If you are open to requests, I would be really grateful to have a 5% chance instead of 1%. Would make such a huge difference when catching all those Pokémon. I get you have to be patient if you want to get your favorite starter, but I remember having to catch 2 Pokémon with a 1% chance in Drayano's romhacks (because the King's Rock was bugged) and it took me several HOURS. It's not a very entertaining task when you have to do it a dozen or even more times to get all those 1% Pokémon - even harder if you want to have a living Dex and need to catch 3 of them everytime.

For the EXP, i think it's a super grind having to battle the E4 over and over and over to get Pokémon like Dragonite/ Tyranitar/ Metagross/ Salamence and stuff to level 50, just so you can have it on your dex. Same happens with grinding for the Battle Frontier - reaching the level 50 is a boring grind, and the level 100 option is pretty much impossible.

Couldn't there be a sign in the EV cave where you can battle a team of non-attacking (only Struggle) Blisseys for easy XP?

Pokémon Insurgence had a cave with Trainers like this, 6 Blisseys with only Heal Pulse. You pay a little cash, choose the level (10-20-30 all the way to 100), and get your easy XP.

If you don't want to overcomplicate, you can just take a place like the Smeargle cave and make it so the only encounter are LV50 Blisseys or something like that. XP doesn't really matter after beating Steven anyways, but let's say I want to have a perfect Swampert for the Battle Frontier.

1)Passing Nature is super easy with a Ditto
    2)IVs can be perfected with money
    3)EVs can be perfected in the cave
    4)But levelling all the way to 50 is a grind. Level 100 is impossible.

And I think that's it. Sorry for the wall text and let me say this is 100% the best QoL Emerald hack around here. It's so close to being absolutely perfect for everyone to play (casuals, completionists, old schools, new-gen players, everyone!) with the different options like being able to choose if you want PSS, updated moves or not, and things like that.

TL;DR: 1% encounters are evil, grinding is boring :(

Years
  • I found this hack a couple of days ago and i've been really tempted to fully play it but there is a slight problem.

I want to fully beat it: Pokédex, Contests and Battle Frontier. And both the 1% chances + the EXP grind are really an impediment more than a fun feature.

If you are open to requests, I would be really grateful to have a 5% chance instead of 1%. Would make such a huge difference when catching all those Pokémon. I get you have to be patient if you want to get your favorite starter, but I remember having to catch 2 Pokémon with a 1% chance in Drayano's romhacks (because the King's Rock was bugged) and it took me several HOURS. It's not a very entertaining task when you have to do it a dozen or even more times to get all those 1% Pokémon - even harder if you want to have a living Dex and need to catch 3 of them everytime.

For the EXP, i think it's a super grind having to battle the E4 over and over and over to get Pokémon like Dragonite/ Tyranitar/ Metagross/ Salamence and stuff to level 50, just so you can have it on your dex. Same happens with grinding for the Battle Frontier - reaching the level 50 is a boring grind, and the level 100 option is pretty much impossible.

Couldn't there be a sign in the EV cave where you can battle a team of non-attacking (only Struggle) Blisseys for easy XP?

Pokémon Insurgence had a cave with Trainers like this, 6 Blisseys with only Heal Pulse. You pay a little cash, choose the level (10-20-30 all the way to 100), and get your easy XP.

If you don't want to overcomplicate, you can just take a place like the Smeargle cave and make it so the only encounter are LV50 Blisseys or something like that. XP doesn't really matter after beating Steven anyways, but let's say I want to have a perfect Swampert for the Battle Frontier.

1)Passing Nature is super easy with a Ditto
    2)IVs can be perfected with money
    3)EVs can be perfected in the cave
    4)But levelling all the way to 50 is a grind. Level 100 is impossible.

And I think that's it. Sorry for the wall text and let me say this is 100% the best QoL Emerald hack around here. It's so close to being absolutely perfect for everyone to play (casuals, completionists, old schools, new-gen players, everyone!) with the different options like being able to choose if you want PSS, updated moves or not, and things like that.

TL;DR: 1% encounters are evil, grinding is boring :(

I've actually been toying around with the idea of having an NPC at the Battle Frontier that would just set your Pokémon's level to 50 for a fee, doing so for level 100 seems too much imo. I definitely want some easier method for leveling but a bunch of Blisseys isn't quite what I'm thinking...

Currently I'm trying to get a nature switching system in place but other than having 25 different NPCs (one for each nature) I'm having trouble getting it to work.

Maybe I'm just lucky with 1% chances but I've never had much of a problem with them especially with using the speed up feature of emulators, once I get around to static legendary encounters I'll have to edit the wilds anyway and I can look into softening the chances of low encounter rates, maybe make it a separate patch for a more casual play through...

I appreciate you taking the time to comment and you have some valid suggestions that I'll think on, glad you like what I've done so far and want to see it get better, thank you! :)

Years
  • Update today, finally was able to get nature changing to work without breaking immersion (in my opinion anyway) there are three small buildings around the Battle Frontier's Pokecenter that have been changed to therapy centers to help your Pokemon's behaviors (natures), though they must be deposited for the stats to re-calculate, the NPCs all remind you of this.
    Also I have added the same IV/EV viewing script to the nurse in the EV training cave, after healing she offers to show them to you.
    Lastly there is a new NPC at the Battle Point Exchange counter (where BP are traded for items/secret base decorations) who will set a pokemon's level to 50 for only $15,000. My reasoning for that number is that with one run through the Elite Four with the Amulet Coin will give enough money to afford to re-level three pokemon. NOTE: When using this NPC to level a pokemon, the EVs are not calculated UNLESS an organic level-up occurs before or after, so my suggestion is after breeding a new pokemon (maybe after using the IV perfector, ability switcher, and nature switcher to make a perfect pokemon 😉) you EV train it at the cave until you hit the max EVs and then give it an Exp Share and run through some higher level battles (Elite Four, Sky Pillar wilds, etc) until it levels up through EXP or just use a rare candy so its EVs will be added into its stats and THEN hit the auto-leveler so it will be completely Battle Frontier ready!

As usual, any feedback/suggestions always will be appreciated! Hope you all enjoy the new update.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2021
    Hell yeah man, now this is looking perfect. Nature changer + auto level-up for the Battle Frontier? I don't care about the 1% chances, getting the 4 star Trainer card sounds fun as hell now!

A big question: what happens if let's say you have a lvl 60 Pokemon and talk to the guy who sets your level to 50. Will it work?

Years
  • Hell yeah man, now this is looking perfect. Nature changer + auto level-up for the Battle Frontier? I don't care about the 1% chances, getting the 4 star Trainer card sounds fun as hell now!

A big question: what happens if let's say you have a lvl 60 Pokemon and talk to the guy who sets your level to 50. Will it work?

Yep, it works both ways, otherwise you wouldn't be able to get dragonite or salamence. Still costs the same, too.

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I can't remember exactly because it's been a while since I've played this hack but I think I got kicked out of the Magma base every time one of them spotted me? If this is the hack I'm remembering that did that was that added on purpose? I stopped playing for a reason I couldn't remember so I think that may have been it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I can't remember exactly because it's been a while since I've played this hack but I think I got kicked out of the Magma base every time one of them spotted me? If this is the hack I'm remembering that did that was that added on purpose? I stopped playing for a reason I couldn't remember so I think that may have been it.

No... thats not this one lol I didn't change anything about the story or trainers.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2019
    Hello
    I really want to try this romhack, but I never did this before. I was trying to did this by myself, but I did not can. Can you please explain me how to make the rom hack work? I think it's by the base pokemon rom I'm using. Please help

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Hello
    I really want to try this romhack, but I never did this before. I was trying to did this by myself, but I did not can. Can you please explain me how to make the rom hack work? I think it's by the base pokemon rom I'm using. Please help

Search for "Emerald (Thrashman) (U)," that's the base ROM pretty much every Emerald hack can be patched over.

Years
  • Hello

You need a clean Emerald ROM, which is against forum rules to share here, you just need to search on Google or something like that for "Pokemon Emerald Rom" and download it, probably will be inside a .zip file, the ROMs themselves will either be named Pokemon Emerald (U)(TrashMan).gba or Pokemon - Emerald Version (U).gba

Once you have the ROM handy, you open up the Lunar IPS program included the Emerald Final download, then click "Apply Patch" and select the patch you want (either with the Physical/Special Split or not and with a Day/Night Cycle or not) and then select your Emerald ROM. That should patch it and it'll be ready to play! The best way to be sure is if Birch shows you a Lotad during the tutorial, the patch was not applied

Back