• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    Hello, I started plaing this hack a few weeks ago and I love it. However, I do have a bunch of bugs to point out. I don't know if they have already been mentioned, so my apologies

First, certain Pokémon have their Pokédex entries bugged when captured (and in the case of Eeevee, when checking the Pokédex itself as well). That doesn't really bother me, since I can always check the entry on Bulbapedia or something like that

What does bother me is that the NPC that gives the TMs for Frustration and Return in Pacifidlog Town is bugged. When I talk to him, the sound when interacting with something or somebody appears, but there is no text box, and therefore I can't get the TM. I would love to get all TMs for completionism purposes so it would be nice if it was fixed

Other than that, excellent hack, it's exactly what I wanted in a Pokémon game. Many thanks!

Thanks for the heads up on that NPC, I thought I fixed him

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2020
    Alright. Let me know if and when you implement a way to respawn Legendaries. Until then, I'll just use save states, I guess. Also, would there be a way to make the RTC not dependent on a battery? I want to put this on a flashcart.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2020
    Could, yes. For what reason though? Access to moves learned at higher levels? I went with 50 so you could still evolve your pokemon.

As for the Poochyena..... No.

Thanks for pointing out that error!

You nailed it on the head for why I would like the level boost to 100--more moves. Plus, the lv 50 Boost can also be used in reverse, as I found out yesterday by accidentally setting a lv 80 something Mewtwo back to lv 50. There are a lot of pokemon that have good moves at higher levels. For example, Suicune learns Mirror Coat at 61 and that move's part of a few of the movesets I like on Suicune.

Also, I caught a Regirock, and found its Pokedex entry was just "ew rocks." which is the last 8 characters of its normal entry. I'm pretty sure that it's an error. I'm only using the main patch, so finding the problem should be easy.

I also have a question--have you found a way to make Deoxys and Mew caught on Mirage Island obey you? I haven't tried to catch one yet, outside of the event ones, because I knew that they wouldn't ever listen normally. If you have found out a way to change that, I would be quite impressed.

edit: So, I caught a Deoxys on Mirage Island, and it did obey me. I'm now impressed. How'd you do it?
    Also, I was unable to find a Latios on Mirage Island after choosing it in the Wandering Legendary selection. (After the first time through the pokemon league, there's the TV where you see a "mysterious pokemon" and pick red or blue.) This may be just a RNG quirk, I'll look into it.

Last edited:
    Years
    You nailed it on the head for why I would like the level boost to 100--more moves. Plus, the lv 50 Boost can also be used in reverse, as I found out yesterday by accidentally setting a lv 80 something Mewtwo back to lv 50. There are a lot of pokemon that have good moves at higher levels. For example, Suicune learns Mirror Coat at 61 and that move's part of a few of the movesets I like on Suicune.

Also, I caught a Regirock, and found its Pokedex entry was just "ew rocks." which is the last 8 characters of its normal entry. I'm pretty sure that it's an error. I'm only using the main patch, so finding the problem should be easy.

I also have a question--have you found a way to make Deoxys and Mew caught on Mirage Island obey you? I haven't tried to catch one yet, outside of the event ones, because I knew that they wouldn't ever listen normally. If you have found out a way to change that, I would be quite impressed.

edit: So, I caught a Deoxys on Mirage Island, and it did obey me. I'm now impressed. How'd you do it?
    Also, I was unable to find a Latios on Mirage Island after choosing it in the Wandering Legendary selection. (After the first time through the pokemon league, there's the TV where you see a "mysterious pokemon" and pick red or blue.) This may be just a RNG quirk, I'll look into it.

I think adding a level 100 option would be okay after Steven has been beaten (otherwise he'd be too easy).

Thanks for the heads up on the Regirock dex issue, that's news to me!

I honestly did nothing to change their behaviors, and had no idea that they were known to disobey, I am glad that they listen lol
    And as for the Lati's not showing up on Mirage Island... IDK maybe it was just bad luck? But I will look into it

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2020
    Also, I have noticed while playing on the Battle Frontier that the ability Sturdy doesn't work.

IMO in the main game that is fine, because then sturdy pokemon are just annoying, but after the E4...
    Here's the details of how I found this error:
    I had an Steelix with Sturdy in the Battle Frontier. He was at full HP and had the choice band. I sent him out after my previous 'mon was knocked out by a Vaporeon, thinking, "oh, he has sturdy, he'll use explosion and they'll trade."
    He got knocked out in one hit with Surf.
    I was very confused, before realizing that I had switched his ability at the day care. So, I grabbed a lv 5 Onix with sturdy that I had hatched from an egg, and took it to Victory road.
    It got knocked out in one hit by a Hariyama using Cross Chop.
    So, I must assume the ability Sturdy was bugged/disabled somehow.

Years
    Also, I have noticed while playing on the Battle Frontier that the ability Sturdy doesn't work.

IMO in the main game that is fine, because then sturdy pokemon are just annoying, but after the E4...
    Here's the details of how I found this error:
    I had an Steelix with Sturdy in the Battle Frontier. He was at full HP and had the choice band. I sent him out after my previous 'mon was knocked out by a Vaporeon, thinking, "oh, he has sturdy, he'll use explosion and they'll trade."
    He got knocked out in one hit with Surf.
    I was very confused, before realizing that I had switched his ability at the day care. So, I grabbed a lv 5 Onix with sturdy that I had hatched from an egg, and took it to Victory road.
    It got knocked out in one hit by a Hariyama using Cross Chop.
    So, I must assume the ability Sturdy was bugged/disabled somehow.

No, that's how sturdy works in gen 3,OHKO moves only like Horn Drill, Fissure, Sheer Cold, and Guillotine. I think I remember seeing something about implementing an updated Sturdy ability so it'll work like later gens but I decided against it at the time. Might be worth having it as an option.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Very nice, with HMs, but i found a spell bug, when using dive, it says ``dive..D!ivE." something like this

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    No, but you can just check it with file compare in HxD.
    I updated the patch to version 7.38.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2020
    Hi!
    This has been posted earlier, but when you use Dive the text shows up as "Would you like to use Dive?ive?"
    Just thought I would let you know.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2020
    Added in the link, I didn't know if the original post had gone through till just now. Let me know what you think!

Hey, this ROM is really fantastic to randomize along with the new patches! I got to Mr.Stone in Rustboro, and when I leave his room my ROM crashes? I patched everything fine, I don't know why it would crash everytime there.

Years
    Hey, this ROM is really fantastic to randomize along with the new patches! I got to Mr.Stone in Rustboro, and when I leave his room my ROM crashes? I patched everything fine, I don't know why it would crash everytime there.
    I'm glad you like it! I just opened up the hack and ran into his room no problem, what optional patches did you use and what randomizer settings? Worst case scenario when something like this happens you load the save into a clean ROM and go to a different area, save and load it back into the hack

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2020
    I know I've already mentioned this before, but PM me when you get the following things done:
    1. Make it so there's a way to respawn legendaries that have been knocked out.
    2. Make it so the RTC isn't battery-dependent.

Years
    Hi!
    This has been posted earlier, but when you use Dive the text shows up as "Would you like to use Dive?ive?"
    Just thought I would let you know.

Finally got a chance to check on this and I do not see that message, did you patch a clean ROM or did you re-patch an already patched ROM? Because I tried it on a freshly patched ROM and the result is attached to this post

Attachments

• Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)
      Dive.png
      6 KB · Views: 10
      dive2.png
      5.1 KB · Views: 8
      dive3.png
      15.7 KB · Views: 8
      dive4.png
      14.5 KB · Views: 8
      dive5.png
      15.1 KB · Views: 8
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    Hi. Your latest patch is incomplete regarding to capitalization. I can help you by creating a patch fix by myself.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/tf06wep7qftcuyh/Pokemon_Emerald_Final_%2528Text_Fixing%2529.rar/file

I just updated the patch, which includes PokeNav capitalization and Dive message.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2020
    Hi. I'm still a newbie when it comes to the ev system. Can I just ask if it is possible to ev train a level 100 pokemon in this rom hack? If so, then why is my level 100 Manectric not gaining any evs even though I've been grinding for about half an hour already? Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer this.

Years
    Hi. I'm still a newbie when it comes to the ev system. Can I just ask if it is possible to ev train a level 100 pokemon in this rom hack? If so, then why is my level 100 Manectric not gaining any evs even though I've been grinding for about half an hour already? Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer this.

In gen 3, the EV training boosts are applied on level up, but you can also deposit the pokemon into the PC which recalculates the stats (same reason why you deposit the pokemon after using the nature switching). By the way, with the macho brace it should only take 42 battles to max out one stat's EVs, 84 without the macho brace.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Finally got a chance to check on this and I do not see that message, did you patch a clean ROM or did you re-patch an already patched ROM? Because I tried it on a freshly patched ROM and the result is attached to this post

Im having The same problem..

Back