• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2021
    I've actually already made the greenless patch for someone who asked but those other two patches have definitely caught my eye (though I think you got the wrong person in your post lol)

Lol I'm sorry. I don't know why I got that name instead of yours.
    I also subscribed to the thread but didn't get any reply, should check if I actually did or not properly.

I did test my Greenless patch with the latest Final Emerald, and it seems to be working okay.
    Further testing would be required, of course, but so far it looks good.

As for the other two patches, I am not sure if they work or not, I didn't test those since I don't have a quick way to test those specific trainers nor Jynx.
    Those would require some heavy testing to make sure they're 100% compatible.

But if all 3 end up working without issues, feel free to distribute them alongside Final Emerald :)

Years
    Lol I'm sorry. I don't know why I got that name instead of yours.
    I also subscribed to the thread but didn't get any reply, should check if I actually did or not properly.

I did test my Greenless patch with the latest Final Emerald, and it seems to be working okay.
    Further testing would be required, of course, but so far it looks good.

As for the other two patches, I am not sure if they work or not, I didn't test those since I don't have a quick way to test those specific trainers nor Jynx.
    Those would require some heavy testing to make sure they're 100% compatible.

But if all 3 end up working without issues, feel free to distribute them alongside Final Emerald :)

Yeah this forum has some issues with features like that I've noticed, nothing for it! I'm planning on testing them out sometime this weekend, this past weekend I was otherwise occupied, though these patches shouldn't cause any issues and will be easy to adapt if they do

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    I am thoroughly enjoying this so far! I did notice that Strength Sap doesn't work properly, but that has already been mentioned.

I've never done the Battle Frontier in Emerald before but I've noticed that the team I started with is actually quite strong. It's gotten me through the first 18 battles without losing more than one PKMN per battle. Does it get more difficult the longer my win streak goes?

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2021
    Yeah this forum has some issues with features like that I've noticed, nothing for it! I'm planning on testing them out sometime this weekend, this past weekend I was otherwise occupied, though these patches shouldn't cause any issues and will be easy to adapt if they do

At this point, it's been years since I made them, and it was one of the few instances were I delved into Pokemon Gen 3 hacking.

As for the hacks, I know some of them are mere palette changes, like the Greenless one, although that one does have modified sprites, but they should be in the same location as the original ones.
    For the Uncensored sprites, those I am not sure. I can't recall if some of them needed to be repointed or not, my memory is really foggy and I might be confusing that with other attempts I made over the years.

Still though, do let me know if you find anything odd with them, or if you manage to get them working, what needed to be changed!

Years
    I am thoroughly enjoying this so far! I did notice that Strength Sap doesn't work properly, but that has already been mentioned.

I've never done the Battle Frontier in Emerald before but I've noticed that the team I started with is actually quite strong. It's gotten me through the first 18 battles without losing more than one PKMN per battle. Does it get more difficult the longer my win streak goes?

Strength sap? What do you mean?

The battle tower is unchanged from vanilla but it is supposed to be more difficult as it goes on iirc

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Strength sap? What do you mean?

The battle tower is unchanged from vanilla but it is supposed to be more difficult as it goes on iirc

Just realized I replied to the wrong thread. Meant it to go into Emerald Frontier version lol

Years
    Strength Sap, as in the move that lowers ATK and recovers the users HP. It did 1 damage and nothing else (I had a Metagross with Clear Body so it couldn't lower ATK)

Who edited the trainers in Battle Frontier/Dome/Arena, etc?

Regardless, I'm really enjoying it so far. I just tried to abuse the save state to see if it mattered and the battle engine seems to have been set each turn (Like in Gen IV+) so it appears you can't cheat by using save states. (i.e: Use Sand Attack once and keep loading until he misses, then repeat)

Hopefully this gets more attention. I'm liking it a lot!

Are you sure that you've got the right hack? There's no move like that in Final nor were any of the battle frontier trainers changed

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Are you sure that you've got the right hack? There's no move like that in Final nor were any of the battle frontier trainers changed

Yeah I totally meant to post in Frontier Version of Emerald. Sorry about the confusion!

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2021
    I'm thinking of making a (simple) Little Cup hack (i.e. first form pokemon only) for emerald and considering using this as base.

How do I add to learnsets of the moves? (YAPE says -235 available moves so won't let me add more moves to learnsets)

I might be interested in creating further move stats update patches for gen 7 and updating pokemon's learnset to gen 7 (at least for moves it can learn in gen 3).

Can we have a discord for Emerald Final?

Years
    I'm thinking of making a (simple) Little Cup hack (i.e. first form pokemon only) for emerald and considering using this as base.

How do I add to learnsets of the moves? (YAPE says -235 available moves so won't let me add more moves to learnsets)

I might be interested in creating further move stats update patches for gen 7 and updating pokemon's learnset to gen 7 (at least for moves it can learn in gen 3).

Can we have a discord for Emerald Final?

That's a fun idea for a hack!

Changing learnsets involves repointing them, I haven't used that tool specifically so offhand I can't give specific instructions for it.

As for the discord, enough people have asked so I've decided to make one https://discord.gg/ZdbNsEApVq

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2020
    I cannot decide between this rom and national dex rom , so muuch breeding to get all 386 in this version.

Also I see people reporting bugs here, so I cannot allow myself to get stucked suddenly.

Is the clean vanilla version stable? (No bugs) . I dont need any optional patches.

Years
    I cannot decide between this rom and national dex rom , so muuch breeding to get all 386 in this version.

Also I see people reporting bugs here, so I cannot allow myself to get stucked suddenly.

Is the clean vanilla version stable? (No bugs) . I dont need any optional patches.

The only bugs are a visual glitch with pokedex entries for newly caught pokemon, a couple of missed capitalize letters, and the NPC who gives the frustration TM

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2020
    Nice. Im choosing this rom then. I love that EV training cave . (I want to beat battle frontier gold tickets). Thanks!

PkmnFan193

I've recently concluded a playthrough and noticed a couple pieces of text I wanted to point out.

- Firstly with the guy you Cut from, he'll mention that unlike TMs, HMs are resuable. Given how TMs are reusable maybe that dialogue should be tweaked? https://i.imgur.com/33NifRK.png
    - Second, when you try using Surf while already surfing it'll say "You're already SurfING." https://i.imgur.com/AL4qOcH.png
    - Third, there's a weird bug when viewing the Net Ball's description. Not sure if it's known or not. https://i.imgur.com/7EPdndd.gif

Years
    I've recently concluded a playthrough and noticed a couple pieces of text I wanted to point out.

- Firstly with the guy you Cut from, he'll mention that unlike TMs, HMs are resuable. Given how TMs are reusable maybe that dialogue should be tweaked? https://i.imgur.com/33NifRK.png
    - Second, when you try using Surf while already surfing it'll say "You're already SurfING." https://i.imgur.com/AL4qOcH.png
    - Third, there's a weird bug when viewing the Net Ball's description. Not sure if it's known or not. https://i.imgur.com/7EPdndd.gif

That's a good point about the Cut NPC, tbh I didn't think to check because why get Cut if you don't need it for the trees lol

Thanks for pointing out those text issues, I really appreciate it!

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    Only two more months until the next update then, I assume seeing as the current version is going to celebrate its first year birthday by then 😀

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2021
    Hello Dearman4. I made this account just to thank you for this Emerald patch. Thank you so much for improving the QoL of the original game and more! I have had lots of fun playing them. I love the little joke / glitch you put on Regirock's PokeDex description lmao.
    My only question is, how rare did you make the starters encounter rate? Because I found Chimecho (which has 2% chance) before I found Torchic in Route 104, or Charmander in Mt. Pyre's lower exterior, and I'm currently looking for Mudkip in Shoal Cave's entrance but no luck.

Last edited:
    Back