• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    This looks really neat! I've been planning to replay through gens 3 and 4 with a friend who's never played them before, and some of these enhancements seem like they could be a nice way to play gen 3 without some of the frustrations of gen 3!

I have a couple of questions. First, do you have any plans of releasing a "vanilla" version of the hack, which has the mechanical enhancements like phys/special split and running indoors without the ones that change the experience like changed available pokemon?
    Second, do you have any plans of trying to change the Battle Frontier tents back into Contest Halls? Pokemon Contests all being exiled to Lilycove instead of being scattered through the world as a parallel to Gyms has always been the saddest change in Emerald for me.

Years
  • This looks really neat! I've been planning to replay through gens 3 and 4 with a friend who's never played them before, and some of these enhancements seem like they could be a nice way to play gen 3 without some of the frustrations of gen 3!

I have a couple of questions. First, do you have any plans of releasing a "vanilla" version of the hack, which has the mechanical enhancements like phys/special split and running indoors without the ones that change the experience like changed available pokemon?
    Second, do you have any plans of trying to change the Battle Frontier tents back into Contest Halls? Pokemon Contests all being exiled to Lilycove instead of being scattered through the world as a parallel to Gyms has always been the saddest change in Emerald for me.

Actually, part of why I made the optional patches the way I did is so people can apply them to other Emerald ROMs to just have those features. I also have a vanilla wilds option that has every other feature if that's more what you're looking for.

As for the contest halls? Nah I don't think I'll change that

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    Do you know how to change manually the animation of Secret Power and/or the move result of Nature Power? I want to make them work like in Generation IV.

Years
  • Do you know how to change manually the animation of Secret Power and/or the move result of Nature Power? I want to make them work like in Generation IV.

This is more something I'd prefer to be asked in a message lol but no biggie. HERE is a post I found about changing Nature Power, didn't turn up anything on Secret Power though. I am actually going to use the Battle Engine Upgrade in the next version which is compiled from source so you could change them in there if you want

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2023
    Are you going to make an update that will make the legendary Pokémon stay in one place (not in the bush)?

Years
  • Any ideas on an ETA for the next version?

I don't want to give any concrete date yet but it's mostly done, just need to write up a few more scripts and assemble everything together, make the optional patches and bug test. My main issue is finding time to work on it, as I've mentioned before my work schedule is rather full. But I have by no means given up, still fully intend to make this next version as well as I can

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't want to give any concrete date yet but it's mostly done, just need to write up a few more scripts and assemble everything together, make the optional patches and bug test. My main issue is finding time to work on it, as I've mentioned before my work schedule is rather full. But I have by no means given up, still fully intend to make this next version as well as I can

Best bit of Gen 3 Pokemon ROM Hacks news to hear, seeing as another author of a Gen 3 Pokemon ROM Hack I was watching the development of has called it quits with his project 😢

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2023
    awesome, though apparently I had a wayyy outdated version of mGBA, sorry about that!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2021
    I tried the Gen6 EXP Share patch. How does it work exactly? It still only gives EXP to only the holder of the item, and not the whole team. I honestly haven't played Gen6 games so I'm not entirely sure but I heard it gives EXP to whole party that's nonfainted. It doesn't work like that for me. Or am I missing something?

Years
  • I tried the Gen6 EXP Share patch. How does it work exactly? It still only gives EXP to only the holder of the item, and not the whole team. I honestly haven't played Gen6 games so I'm not entirely sure but I heard it gives EXP to whole party that's nonfainted. It doesn't work like that for me. Or am I missing something?

You leave the EXP Share in your inventory

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2022
    I wanted to ask a specific question. Does trace change natures of Pokémon to the specific nature of the user of the ability?

Back