• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
  • New version out today! Been a long time in the making and I am very excited to see it completed. This new version has a whole slew of updates, Final is now split into two variants: Deluxe and Legacy. Deluxe uses the Battle Engine Upgrade v1 by DizzyEgg which includes newer generation mechanics, moves, abilities and such, whereas Legacy does not. I decided to split Final like this so that the Legacy Variant will have 100% vanilla compatibility like previous versions. Deluxe also includes gen four evolutions like Leafeon and Froslass, Legacy and Deluxe are otherwise the same in terms of gameplay besides a few differences in the available optional patches.

I already wrote up the new additions on the main post so I don't think I'll restate everything here, few highlights though!

Starter selection:
    Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)
    You get the option to pick a different starter from Birch! Your choices are the previous gen starters of the same type (to preserve rival dynamic) as well as Pikachu and Eevee (because of the Anime and Let's Go) plus Ditto and Smeargle (as a nod to Youtuber Pikasprey).

Move Relearners:
    Now there are Move Relearners in every Pokecenter, charging $1,000 per move.

Frontier Tutors:
    With the changes to the Move Relearners, the old location now houses Frontier Tutors who accept payment in Heart Scales! Those are now no longer purchaseable btw. There are a few hidden around the map and can be held by wild Luvdisc

Game Corner Porygon:
    I thought long and hard about Porygon when I was remaking the wilds, it just doesn't make sense for it to be in the wild as it is entirely artificial so I took a page from Kanto and have them for sale in the Game Corner for 6,000 coins

Last edited:

PkmnFan193

Great to see a new update! I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend!

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    Is there a way to turn off day/night cycle? I always found it an annoying feature since I never have time to play in the morning or day because of work. So I always have to play in the night.

Years
  • Is there a way to turn off day/night cycle? I always found it an annoying feature since I never have time to play in the morning or day because of work. So I always have to play in the night.

Yes! The Optional patches folder has the patches to remove the Day/Night cycle

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    Hey, just dropping in to say I've been interested in this hack as it seemed to be the best Pokémon Emerald Enhancement hack I had found (not too much but not too little) but have held off because I play on a flash cart (Everdrive X5 Mini) and was sad the Day/Night system didn't work on official hardware. I booted up the new version and it worked perfectly and it completely made my day, so I wanted to say thank you! I have work today but I'm really excited to delve into it tonight, the plethora of options you provided to tailor the experience to each persons own desire is super awesome and I wish more hacks did that, but it sounds like a lot of work so I get why they don't. That just makes this one even cooler though, and I can really tell you went above and beyond with this, thank you again!

Years
  • Hey, just dropping in to say I've been interested in this hack as it seemed to be the best Pokémon Emerald Enhancement hack I had found (not too much but not too little) but have held off because I play on a flash cart (Everdrive X5 Mini) and was sad the Day/Night system didn't work on official hardware. I booted up the new version and it worked perfectly and it completely made my day, so I wanted to say thank you! I have work today but I'm really excited to delve into it tonight, the plethora of options you provided to tailor the experience to each persons own desire is super awesome and I wish more hacks did that, but it sounds like a lot of work so I get why they don't. That just makes this one even cooler though, and I can really tell you went above and beyond with this, thank you again!

Thank you so much! This newest version has a fix to the DNS so it should work on most hardware now so I'm glad to hear that was a benefit for you. The options I felt were just the right call, everyone is different and will have different desires for how the game should be so it just felt like the right decision to make Final as modular as possible to accommodate everyone!

Feel free to join our Discord and share your experience playing Emerald Final! We got a pretty decent community growing and it's great to see :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Hey, not sure what's going on but I'm not earning any Exp when defeating wild Pokemon. I just started as in just made my way to Oldale Town. I defeated a wild Rattata and a wild Poochyena and gained no Exp. I'm using the latest version, 7.4, the Legacy version. I also applied the following optional patches: Gen 3 Ability Additions; Gen VI Exp Share; Gen VI Move Stats; Movesets - Gen IV Lite; Poison Update; Rough Skin Update. I'm pretty sure that's all the optional patches I used.

Years
  • Hey, not sure what's going on but I'm not earning any Exp when defeating wild Pokemon. I just started as in just made my way to Oldale Town. I defeated a wild Rattata and a wild Poochyena and gained no Exp. I'm using the latest version, 7.4, the Legacy version. I also applied the following optional patches: Gen 3 Ability Additions; Gen VI Exp Share; Gen VI Move Stats; Movesets - Gen IV Lite; Poison Update; Rough Skin Update. I'm pretty sure that's all the optional patches I used.

That's bizarre, never seen this one before. Try with just the main patch and see if it still happens, then apply each patch and check. If we can narrow down which one is causing the problem, we can fix it. Also, you did patch a clean ROM? With the main patch first?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    I did, yep, regarding using a clean ROM. I played an earlier version of this hack like 2 years ago but deleted it along with the ROM and patched a clean one. I'll try doing just the main patch like you said and go from there.

Years
  • I did, yep, regarding using a clean ROM. I played an earlier version of this hack like 2 years ago but deleted it along with the ROM and patched a clean one. I'll try doing just the main patch like you said and go from there.

Excellent, you'd be surprised how many people will patch over old versions, especially with Final as it's sometimes a person's first hack (something I'm semi proud of 😅) so I had to ask that

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Excellent, you'd be surprised how many people will patch over old versions, especially with Final as it's sometimes a person's first hack (something I'm semi proud of 😅) so I had to ask that

OK, so, I just ran into another issue. Applied only the base patch (Legacy version) to a clean ROM, selected my first Pokemon (Torchic), got into battle with the Zigzagoon attacking Professor Birch, and my Torchic had no Moves and had to use Struggle. I don't know what's going on. Maybe I'm cursed D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    OK, so, I just ran into another issue. Applied only the base patch (Legacy version) to a clean ROM, selected my first Pokemon (Torchic), got into battle with the Zigzagoon attacking Professor Birch, and my Torchic had no Moves and had to use Struggle. I don't know what's going on. Maybe I'm cursed D:

Tried it again. Clean ROM, patched it, went through everything and selected my Pokemon (Torchic again), still no moves. Checked with Mudkip as well and Mudkip also didn't have any moves

Years
  • Tried it again. Clean ROM, patched it, went through everything and selected my Pokemon (Torchic again), still no moves. Checked with Mudkip as well and Mudkip also didn't have any moves

Yep, that's an issue with Legacy, I added a fix patch to the bottom of the original post. Going to release a new version soon with things like that fixed

Years
  • OK, so, I just ran into another issue. Applied only the base patch (Legacy version) to a clean ROM, selected my first Pokemon (Torchic), got into battle with the Zigzagoon attacking Professor Birch, and my Torchic had no Moves and had to use Struggle. I don't know what's going on. Maybe I'm cursed D:

Also things would be quicker on the Discord lol instant messaging versus forum after all

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Yep, that's an issue with Legacy, I added a fix patch to the bottom of the original post. Going to release a new version soon with things like that fixed

OK, so, I applied that patch so I could attack again haha. So, after doing that, next I applied the "Add Gen 3 Ability Additions" patch and got into a wild encounter. Defeated the wild Pokemon, got Exp. Next I applied the "Add Gen VI Exp Share" patch, got into a wild encounter and defeated the wild Pokemon, and got no Exp. So it must be that patch that needs fixing I guess?

EDIT: Forgot to add that I applied the "Remove Gen VI Exp Share" patch, defeated a wild Pokemon, and got Exp again.

Back