• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,171 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 266 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 134 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    A few questions:
    1.) Is there anyway to view items on Pokemon? I have a compound eyes Venonat and have caught around 35-ish Sandshrew looking for a quick claw. Now with compound eyes, it should be a 20% chance of a Sandshrew holding one, while it isn't a high chance, I feel like I should have gotten one by now. I know items have been messed with a bit (i.e Zigzagoon holding a berry juice now) so did the creator remove quick claw from Sandshrew?

2.)I know there is a level up move learn set text sheet, but is there a TM/HM learn text sheet? Also Tyrouge is missing from this sheet.

3.) Have egg moves changed?

Other than that, great hack! It is very hard and very fun!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2021
    Woah woah woah wait.....I just battled Pokémon Breeder Lydia on Route 117, and when my Grovyle K.O.ed her lv. 22 Chansey, and I got all of......4 EXP
    Is this a bug or intended?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Woah woah woah wait.....I just battled Pokémon Breeder Lydia on Route 117, and when my Grovyle K.O.ed her lv. 22 Chansey, and I got all of......4 EXP
    Is this a bug or intended?

Intended, can't have you grinding off Chanseys and Blisseys. This is the same in Blue and Crystal Kaizo as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2021
    in what level tropius learn sweet scent?
    i cought one at level 43, and i don't know if i can even teach him it (i need it to find more pokemon, becouse of the low spawn rate)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    in what level tropius learn sweet scent?
    i cought one at level 43, and i don't know if i can even teach him it (i need it to find more pokemon, becouse of the low spawn rate)

Level 7, you need the move relearner. You can catch a Mawile and bring it up to level 21 to lean the move as well.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2021
    Bellsprout in Rustboro learns Sweet Scent 2 levels after you catch it. (Caught at Lv. 9, learns Sweet Sent at lv. 11)

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2020
    I've played RSE multiple times before finding this gem of a hack. Normally a speed run in RSE is 3 hours from start to beating Elite Four but I'm on day 4 spending over 2 hours each day on this hack, with cheats, to only just beat the team Aqua base and on the hunt for a spheal to replace my severely overlevelled but pretty much useless dewgong. Can't imagine those who nuzlocked

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2020
    I've compiled a wild list using AdvanceMap. I have yet to complete the game yet myself, so let me know if there's any areas I missed.

edit: Updated with the Pokemon for Mirage Island. This is the only place in the game where you can get Sableye AFAIK.

Sorry, I've downloaded the wild list but I don't see the Magma Hideout anywhere. I'm trying to catch a houndoom before the 7th gym, and the pokedex says that houndoom appears in the area of the Jagged Pass, so I thought it maybe appears in the Magma Hideout, which is in the same area.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2023
    Does anyone know how to find Houndor/Houndoom?

The Pokedex says it's somewhere near Lavaridge (jagged pass or magma cavern?), the Safari Zone (I assume it's the post game area just like in OG emerald version) and Sootopolis in the Cave of Origin... Which is blocked!!

I've been searching areas near Lavaridge and no luck. I would like to finally have one on my team because it's my favorite Pokemon and I'd like to have him leading my team for the E4.

Thanks

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    To my knowledge it's postgame only. It shows up on your Pokedex because it can be found in Altering Cave, Extended Safari Zone and a blocked off room in the Magma Hideout.

Edit: I had a second look at your posts and noticed the Cave of Origin so I took a look. Houndour has a 4% encounter rate in this room https://i.imgur.com/HMZpR7E.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2020
    I can't find the Old Rod NPC in Dewford, did I just miss them somehow or were they moved somewhere? There is one Fisherman NPC, but they don't say anything about the Old Rod.
    I want to fish for Luvdisc to get Heart Scales, but I'm not at the point where you get the Super Rod (and you can't fish them up with a Good Rod anywhere as far as I know) yet, so being able to find the Old Rod would be very helpful.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I'm 100% sure SinisterHoodedFigure won't read this, he'll just post a new Youtube video and plug that and not reply to posts. That's fine, but I'm still treating this as a place to rant. Just one thing, I can go on an on about other things, but this one is bugging me currently.

What's up with the Mauville Game Corner? I see TM32 and TM24 listed, but they're actually TM31 and TM30, respectively. I didn't realize I was buying TM30 multiple times when I selected for TM24. Is that deliberate? If so, that's such an evil troll move (par for the course I guess). If it's a bug, well then that sucks.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    Old Rod was moved to Route 103.

---

The interface saying the wrong tm's may be a bug. However, the npc tells you what tm you're buying so possible to avoid getting scammed.

That said, I definitely think it's done on purpose. The game is clearly designed to not allow the player to use setup moves, hence why double team was replaced with brick break. As for thunderbolt, it seems that it has been removed to prevent the player from easily defeating the rain hax. Most electric types get tbolt through level-up (rip Jolteon), but Thunder has been removed too, so the only electric tm you have is shock wave until postgame.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I need some info on heart scales. I keep thinking and reading that you can get them in the postgame, beyond the hidden ones in the region. I got 19 hidden ones, I assume that's all of them. Is it actually true that you can get more in the postgame, if so, where?

Back