• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,171 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 266 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 134 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 3, 2020
    How to get past the third puzzle (strength one) in the trick house?

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2020
    I wrote down the puzzles and some other minor difference between vanilla Emerald and Kaizo but never got around to linking it.

It includes the trickhouse, so hopefully it can help. https://docs.google.com/document/d/...ZGsGPmGm4sp16cJ3Q/edit#heading=h.y1nr13nhc4ft
    Oh man I wish I had seen this before drawing both invisible wall puzzles on paper, took a very long time lol

Yes, same thing in here, instead of draco meteor I find white herb

Maybe there was an update in the patch?

You're correct, just got through the trick house and can confirm it, TM 32 Draco Meteor is now in the last room there right in front of the exit door

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    There are, or at least there were, two Draco Meteors. One at Fallarbor Town which I previously linked and one at the end of the Trickhouse.

On March 14th, SHF published the latest patch to Emerald Kaizo, and according to page 7 in this thread he said: "Items have moved". Evidently this includes the TM32 at Fallarbor so those who got the ROM after March 14th now find a White Herb instead.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2020
    Just found out there are 2 unintended problems. According to a youtuber I just watched, his torchic lost speed boost when it evolved into combusken. I don't know if that was intentional or not. Also, shuckle in the roxanne's gym was using curse instead of defense curl. According to the move list, it's not supposed to have curse. It also makes me wonder why it has sunny day, but I'm guessing it's there to keep water types from destroying it. It did however, use curse 6 times in that battle with his combusken, used toxic, then sunny day, all before it started using rollout. I don't know if it was intentional, but I figured that it would try to go for toxic first and then sunny day, but only if it was fighting a water type. I'm just guessing at this point.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2021
    Hi everyone! Really enjoyed this Hackrom, it made Emerald quite a new and fun experience!
    Here are some of the things I noticed and wanted to share:
    1 Sableye. Oh, my, gosh. I think it's a bit too strong in many ways.. Stats wise I can see its speed crippling it a bit, but even with paralyzis this thing still takes out entire teams with just shadowball/shadow sneak combo.. I love to see a powerfull sableye all around but 10 less in every stats is albeit required for balance

2 Explosion. Well it's just me or a Electrode ohko my relaxed swampert every single time has something strange to it? It has been made like 1st Gen where it used to halve the foe's defence before hitting?

3 Catch Rates. Some of them, and just some appear at least to me to be slightly too low. I catch a full life wild Feraligatr with a ultraball, and cannot catch a Dodrio with an insane amount of safariballs, like, I've had to use savestates, no joke.. I get that it has to be a difficult hack but this is not even about it, maybe some catch rates needs to be adjusted?

I love this hack in a lot of aspects, but really can't get to the no ev train thing tho..

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2020
    2 Explosion. Well it's just me or a Electrode ohko my relaxed swampert every single time has something strange to it? It has been made like 1st Gen where it used to halve the foe's defence before hitting?
    explosion and self-destruct halves opponent's defense until gen V

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2020
    Does the Hot springs egg hatch? I've been running around forever to no avail, and if so, is it still a wynaut? Because I don't really care to run so much if I can easily just go and catch a wobbuffet. Looked everywhere online but this can't find this topic anywhere. Maybe I missed it somewhere?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Does the Hot springs egg hatch? I've been running around forever to no avail, and if so, is it still a wynaut? Because I don't really care to run so much if I can easily just go and catch a wobbuffet. Looked everywhere online but this can't find this topic anywhere. Maybe I missed it somewhere?

This was answered in the previous page. I answered it.

Get someone with Flame Body and keep going. Wynaut requires 30720 steps to hatch.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020

Boy have I got something special. A Legendary Pokémon Guide on how to get Rayquaza. In a series of videos, I will be posting trick house guides.
    Due to the current crisis going on, I appreciate any support, such as sharing and liking this video, to help anyone out in finding the solution.
    Room 1, Room 2, and the brutal Room 3 of Trick House in Pokémon Emerald Kaizo.

There will be 3 more Trick House videos coming.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Can someone tell me how to fix the thunder bolt glitch in this game. I am using John gba and the glitch is that I keep hearing the thunderbolt glitch on repeat . Please help me I do not want to restart.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2020
    Finally refined an E4 team following nuzlocke rules and with pokemon that are likely to be acquired during the playthrough. Final squad was Sceptile, Salamence, Starmie, Dusclops (beefy boi), Heracross, and Hariyama (sleeper good, especially on glacia, who consistently wrecked me trying to bring arcanine or blazikan til hariyama graced me with his thighs).

There are phases of nuzlocking this I found:
    1 - getting to the daycare - lots of farming
    2 - getting through flannery - lots of farming and biking
    3 - the most farming ever - great spot is surfing the waters around Mt. Pyre, instant spawn rate.
    4 - taking a B squad of hunnids without risking the E4 squad through the aqua/magma/last 2 gym events
    5 - using B squad to get through victory road
    6 - crafting precise item/ move spread to get through each E4 member
    7a - Glacia is just awful finding a squad for which doesn't cripple you for the other E4. The swift swims and explosions and ice beams are amazing to strategize around
    7 - cash money, 420 blaze it

One of the biggest difficulties is finding an E4 group that works with pokemon you're likely to encounter. Pro of this 'team' is that game can be reset if you miss makuhita in dewford town - it's the lowest spawn rate of the squad at 34% and it's early enough in the game to not lose much time. Anyone with ideas/input on a more replacements for the squad welcome to discuss.
    Amazing game, really testing everthing. level 3 togepi double edge, level 8 pineco selfdestruct hahahaha

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2020
    Quite fun. Im currently fighting Maxie. Its quite obvious that OP was quite afraid of Swampert, plastering Solarbeam and hidden power grass on a TON of pokemon. Swampert is tanky enough to take it, but it becomes super predictable. Can it learn solar beam? it has solar beam.

Back