• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,171 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 266 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 134 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 6, 2020
    The Pokedex says that you can find Snorlax and Shedinja along route 130, which is a water route. Further, you cannot dive anywhere...

Can they actually be found by surfing?

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2020
    Hey where can I find Larvitar/evos in? It says its in Meteor Falls but nothing there. And the pseudos area says theres a place on Route 130 but nothing there too

I guess, I'm asking essentially the same question as this

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2022
    Where do you find latios? I caught Latias on southern island but there is no latios here

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2020
    Oke i have seen allot of people finding Draco Meteor in Fallabor town on the east but me and my mate both found a white herb instead of draco meteor pls help.

this also happened to me, will you let me know if you find a solution

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    How can I make my machoke evolve?

Level 50

The Pokedex says that you can find Snorlax and Shedinja along route 130, which is a water route. Further, you cannot dive anywhere...

Can they actually be found by surfing?

No. They can be found on Mirage Island so just give up. They're available in much easier locations after E4, the Safari Zone and Desert Underpass respectively. You need Waterfall for Dratini/Larvitar and Beldum/Bagon is available after you get surf on Route 115 (Surf way north). The latter can also be found next to the fossils. There's a .txt in page 3 of this thread or alternatively use this Google Doc that I copied in into: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19SZ3GcChqqR5gGt27LeGLSZwsSl1L3zDl9c5thEMSFQ/edit

Where do you find latios? I caught Latias on southern island but there is no latios here

Same way as vanilla Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2022
    Level 50

No. They can be found on Mirage Island so just give up. They're available in much easier locations after E4, the Safari Zone and Desert Underpass respectively. You need Waterfall for Dratini/Larvitar and Beldum/Bagon is available after you get surf on Route 115 (Surf way north). The latter can also be found next to the fossils. There's a .txt in page 3 of this thread or alternatively use this Google Doc that I copied in into: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19SZ3GcChqqR5gGt27LeGLSZwsSl1L3zDl9c5thEMSFQ/edit

Same way as vanilla Emerald.

And How would that be?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2021
    Hey, has anyone caught a wailmer yet? I ran into one on route 133 and I threw sooooo many pokeballs and ultra balls at it and it didn't wanna get caught. I even paralyzed it. Is that supposed it happen?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    And How would that be?

Look it up on your Pokedex and follow it until you encounter it. Make sure you have something to prevent it from teleporting such as Shadow Tag or Mean Look.

Hey, has anyone caught a wailmer yet? I ran into one on route 133 and I threw sooooo many pokeballs and ultra balls at it and it didn't wanna get caught. I even paralyzed it. Is that supposed it happen?

Anything that has to do with pseudo or real legendaries has asinine catch rates, and since Wailmer is required for the Regis, it unfortunately counts here. Get Net Balls, Sleep and False Swipe and maybe you'll get it.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Here I am, trying to get an Abra in Granite Cave. Is it stupidly rare, or what? Wish there was a Pokemon Locations document...

For those not in the know: Abra is in the last room of Granite Cave, where you talk with Steven. One of the rarer encounters, too.

So, good luck.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2020
    Finally refined an E4 team following nuzlocke rules and with pokemon that are likely to be acquired during the playthrough. Final squad was Sceptile, Salamence, Starmie, Dusclops (beefy boi), Heracross, and Hariyama (sleeper good, especially on glacia, who consistently wrecked me trying to bring arcanine or blazikan til hariyama graced me with his thighs).

There are phases of nuzlocking this I found:
    1 - getting to the daycare - lots of farming
    2 - getting through flannery - lots of farming and biking
    3 - the most farming ever - great spot is surfing the waters around Mt. Pyre, instant spawn rate.
    4 - taking a B squad of hunnids without risking the E4 squad through the aqua/magma/last 2 gym events
    5 - using B squad to get through victory road
    6 - crafting precise item/ move spread to get through each E4 member
    7a - Glacia is just awful finding a squad for which doesn't cripple you for the other E4. The swift swims and explosions and ice beams are amazing to strategize around
    7 - cash money, 420 blaze it

One of the biggest difficulties is finding an E4 group that works with pokemon you're likely to encounter. Pro of this 'team' is that game can be reset if you miss makuhita in dewford town - it's the lowest spawn rate of the squad at 34% and it's early enough in the game to not lose much time. Anyone with ideas/input on a more replacements for the squad welcome to discuss.
    Amazing game, really testing everthing. level 3 togepi double edge, level 8 pineco selfdestruct hahahaha

Did you really get the cave of origin 1% in the 2nd/3rd room dusclops, or did you farm out mirage island for a 10%? Also dusclops is insane in this hack, 40-90 base hp and 70-100 base attack and you are insanely lucky to find it ngl, it is one of the very few pokemon that can take a hit from soul dew latios and clap back pretty hard. Also how do you know about blaziken/arcanine were you just testing at that point?

Also I think wailord could be better than starmie, and you can get it pretty much every single run, as you will end up fishing for a bunch of encounters to the point where you can force yourself to have it due to dupes clause. Base 170 HP, Base 110 Attack, Base 45 Defense, Base 110 Spa, Base 110 Spdef, and Base 1 Spe, those are the stats wailord has in this hack which are pretty incredible, only concern is that it is a realistic concern that the wailmer runs out of pp and struggles so you need to be prepared due to it having adjusted to 1 catch rate, and you need to pick specific spots to find your wailmer so it doesn't have roar/self destruct, abandoned ship is one of those spots, though route 133 with the good rod seems to be the best. Good Rod: Blastoise (60%), Seadra (20%), Wailmer (20%), meaning you only need to find a seadra at some point which shouldn't be too hard with all the water(route 134 surfing is 91% for Seadra/Horsea, so already 95% not including any other routes chance to get wailmer), and since squirtle is 100% at route 109.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2020
    I mean. No I didn't catch a wild dusclops, nor a wild starmie, or wild salamence. I caught the nearly 100% spawn duskull in the mmm can't remember if it was 4th or 5th room of cave of origin. But I caught the duskull. I discovered which room had the near 100% spawn rate by just...testing each area and each room that wasn't covered in the wild's encounter document on page 3.
    That being said there do exist different versions of the hack, it is entirely possible that your version is different. I downloaded and started playing it in early march 2020. Keep in mind with regards to duskull that I'm referring to the 1 time cave of origin trip you get in the main playthrough during the primals sidequest BS. I'm not referring to postgame cave of origin, because obviously if you were trying to nuzlocke there wouldn't be postgame pokemon. There's a chance that there's an oversight in how he made the 1 time playthrough part of cave of origin, I can't be sure if the insane duskull spawn % was intended or not, but it's there.
    That being said - give the game another sped up playthrough, check CoO in your primal's walkthrough, it's there - just gotta repel the first few floors.
    I haven't caught/played around with wailord. Starmie is just a beast. Regardless of wailords stats, it's too low a catch rate when staryu is 60% in at least one area. And with heart scales and starmie's psychic typing and speed stat it truly is a monster. It was critical in my glacia strat (which took the longest part to figure out). Also my understanding is that abandoned ship is postgame afaik, which would negate it as a nuzlocke catch area. I can't get an aqua grunt out of the way unless the E4 is beaten.

To that point I play tested around a lot. Arcanine is quite strong in the game, but kept bringing me down because he's useless on glacia - but was strong on drake and steven. I tried blaziken next because I wanted a usable pokemon on glacia (arcanine just useless, and since salamence is basically useless on glacia that would be 2 dead weight members). After a lot of playing around trying to make blaziken work it just was far too much rng based and he wasn't strong or fast enough in general, then I pulled out hariyama on a whim and fed him up some rare candies, and he's a real beast through out E4 (shoutout the 1st trainer's tauros).

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2020
    so when you say that there is no physical/special split, are you saying that move damage categories are still based on what type it is?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2023
    Minor spoilers below!

Just finished the game, and by this I mean beat
    the Pokemon League. What a challenge! This game has extended a lot of poopy times way beyond what is natural.
    Hardest stages of the game had to be the weather parts in general, but specifically Flannery sun gym and the Team Aqua cave with constant rain, and where every enemy water pokemon seem to have Swift Swim. Surprisingly the Pokemon League wasnt that bad. I one-shotted half of it and the rest took maybe 10 tries. Especially Surprisingly because most gyms were very hard even when outlevelled by 5 or more levels, and the Pokemon League is all lv 100 so equal level with me.

I picked Mudkip as a starter and I got lucky with an Adamant nature. Final team is:

Salamence @Rash
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fly
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    Salamence was of course really good. I chose a mixed attacker with a Rash nature because dragon is special in gen 3. He lacked powerful stab moves though and therefore wasnt as impactful as it could have been. All in all a solid beast though.

Swampert @Adamant
    - Earthquake
    - Muddy Water
    - Rock Slide
    - Ice Punch
    Swampert was extremely powerful early game as soon as it evolve to Marhstomp but fell off a bit late game, mostly due to unfavorable type matchups. Also against team Magma you could be sure that every fire type had Solarbeam in sun, so not much use there. I still think it is the best starter because the other two are too fragile.
    Ice Punch was useless with its low base power and the Adamant nature as Rock Slide would do about as much damage on a dragon/flying as Ice Punch.

Metagross @Quiet
    - Psychic
    - Meteor Mash
    - Signal Beam
    - Earth Power
    Metagross was probably the strongest member of the team throughout the game. Tanky as fuck, few weaknesses, huuuge attack and very good special attack because of the Quite nature. It was slow but that rarely mattered too much. The moveset was evil and shattered everything. Meteor Mash is the go to wack-a-mole move and Signal Beam was really good against the high number of Psychic types in game and did good damage because bug is physical in gen 3. Highly recommend catching one of these!

Venusaur @Docile
    - Leaf Blade
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Synthesis
    - Sleep Powder
    Venusaur was another extremely valuable member. Master of utility. Sleep Powder + Synthesis + Venusaur's fat special wall ass has saved me so many times. Make enemies Sleep, heal up and Leaf Blade them to death. Simple and effective.

Slowking @Modest
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Slack Off
    - Yawn
    I only picked up Slowking in the very last part of the game to deal with Drake in the Elite Four. I wanted a good special attacker with Ice Beam and initially went out to catch a Jynx. But Jynx has less defense than a wet piece of paper, and I caught a Modest Slowking by chance which seemed very appealing with it's beefy ass and good SpAtt. Also it ended up being a bit of a water Venusaur with Sleep and Healing. But I didnt use it much.

Hariyama @Bashful
    - Superpower
    - Knock Off
    - Fake Out
    - Shadow Punch
    Hariyama was a surprisingly good Pokemon! Can definitely recommend it. High attack and huuuge hp coupled with a very strong moveset. The enormous hp helps preventing suicides when spamming Superpower (which hits like an absolute truck holy shit!) and Fake Out has revenge killed so many nasty enemies I cant even. Shadow Punch and Guts ability made it incredibly effective against tanky ghosts such as Dusclops, which there were a few of along the way. Also I imagine the numerous beefy Snorlaxs would have been a huge problem without Hariyama. There were also a good number of Blisseys along the way, but Metagross and Swampert could help out there.

Honourable mentions:
    I used an Arcanine for most of the game but ended up dumping it in Lilycove because the rest of the game was mostly Team Aqua in rain and Pokemon League didnt have a lot of weaknesses to fire. It's stats and moveset were reaaaally good though with Flamethrower, Extremespeed (base power 100 whoop whoop!), Crunch and Wild Charge.

Bellsprout. Bellsprout has Sweet Scent and that is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT move in this game. The catch rates are absurdely low, so any attempt to grind for xp or pokemons to catch is basically impossible without Sweet Scent.

Ampharos I used until lv 65. Tanky and good SpAtt, but it's moveset sucks. I only used Thunderbolt.

Weezing was actually very good but not used after lv 60. It can tank phyical things like no other but lacks recovery. It had Toxic, Gunk Shot, Explosion and Smoke Screen. I picked it up because I expected some thick tanks on enemy teams, where Toxic would help, as the game progressed, but never encountered any.

Camerupt carried me through Flannery's gym and Team Magma cave with the always present sun. There were no water moves in there, it is fairly tanky, and it has stab super effective against all the Fire types in there. But never used it much after that.

So to sum up the best tips:
    - Get Sweet Scent ASAP!
    - Try to get good natures, it really helps out.
    - Get some utility like a Venusaur.
    - Catch Beldum.

Back