• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Playing this now, the set game style would be a bit more bearable if it didn't take so long to train up in the time required. Overall very enjoyable though, just got to Mauville and my team is Lvl 24 Flaffy, 25 Magmar, 25 Shellder, 27 Kadabra and 26 Weepinbell. Might ditch Shellder because it's moveset is dreadful. Are cheats completely disabled?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Wattson is mauling me. Been training rapidly in the last hour - Level 30 Magmar, Level 30 Ampharos, Level 30 Shelder, Level 28 Kadabra and 28 Weepinbell. Not one ground move between us :(

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2015
    I'm having trouble playing the game. When I download it on dropbox it just gives me a weird file and when I click on the ".zip" link it downloads a folder that contains nothing that can be used to play the game. I'm lost. Any suggestions?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2015
    Is there any chance that the snorlax and contest bugs will be fixed or has this project really been given up on ? I think they're the most critical problems with this hack which should be resolved before adding any new content.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Is there any chance that the snorlax and contest bugs will be fixed or has this project really been given up on ? I think they're the most critical problems with this hack which should be resolved before adding any new content.

Hi. This hack is kind of old now and is considered complete despite the Snorlax bug (which I consider the most critical one). I do know hot to fix almost all the bugs; however, I am working on a rom base which will turn into a hack that fixes a lot of issues that annoy me in this hack.

So while I will not work on improving this hack, you can eventually expect a superior to this one Emerald Sideshow Showcase hack before year-end (hopefully).

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Where should I not go to avoid running into snorlax?
    Is battle frontier do-able or are there snorlax there? XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Snorlax is just a one-time encounter. There is no way to run into him by mistake.

Thanks! I was a bit worried there. XD
    Also I think this is one of the best hacks I've ever played. eliminating potions from battle makes the game more fun. :D

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2015
    I keep trying to play on GBA emulator but it keeps saying unrecognized GBA file

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    I keep trying to play on GBA emulator but it keeps saying unrecognized GBA file

You'll need to patch a clean gba rom for emerald with the ups patch using NUPS.
    There's some tutorials explaining how to do this on the boards somewhere, try google. :D

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2015
    Finally got it to work, only one question so far, is it possible to get a Blaziken with Speed Boost as the ability in this game?

unIQuE-_-SK

Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Awesome hack, but it would help alot if you or anyone else can post an ini file for G3HS, so we can use it as documentation replacement since there is none. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2016
    Awesome hack first of all, I am fine with set battles and no healing during battles, but the gyms are really tough. Higher level pokemon is not a problem however even the 1st gym trainers have access to powerful moves such as dig/sandstorm and one even have a focus sash ffs. Is it really fair in giving npc such power so early in the game especially since players have no access to any kind of decent tm/hold items except for some shitty berries? or do you expect people to overtrained their pokemon or even end up using gamesharks?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2017
    Hey it's been a while since I've came upon this thread and it seems you've been awarded the hack of the month so congratulations on that :) I actually thought there was a new update for the game however I guess I was wrong. The real reason I am writing to you now was because a while back I expressed my views on the game and I'm hoping you will be able to address them this time. Now its been a while since I've played this hack myself since I discontinued it a while back around the 7th gym leader. The hack is great, probably one of the best adaptations of a more fleshed out emerald however I've always had an issue with the game's difficulty. Now I've had my fair share of difficult rom hacks with Dark Rising being among them so it goes without saying that I enjoy a challenge. However, with the removal of items during a battle it has made this game quite frustrating lol. As much as I like the idea of not being able to use items during battles, it really does not work well with a set battle stlyle and an already increasingly difficulty of this hack. I just feel that the AI and level curves are just too difficult on it own and it's not just healing items you can't use but you can't use any status items or berries either. I didn't even bother trying to nuzlocke this one seeing as I was already having a tough time playing it normally. I just feel like the removal of items during battle are too much to bear with to the point where it becomes somewhat frustrating. Now there is a broad list of pokemon to choose from in this hack so having a team of overpowered pokemon could make the game easier but I'm really just trying to have fun with this one using new pokemon and strategies. I just feel you should consider reviving the use of items during game, maybe only important battles such as gym leaders should you remove them. Anyways that's my little rant, this is still an awesome and quite possibly my favourite hack of emerald just need to turn it down a bit in terms of difficulty lol.

-Renton

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2015
    Love the hack, something that irks me though is when you fight brendan in front of the lilycove dept. store, he flies off when you beat him but none of his pokemon can learn fly. It's not game breaking or anything but very awkward.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    Great game mamamama, really big fan of Pokemon Emerald Hacks but this is my favourite thus far. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2015
    To directly patch source file, a temporary file is being made.
    Upon successful patching, the target file will be replaced with this.

APPLYING patch file 'C:\Users\Sean\Desktop\Gaming\Pokemon Hacks\Emerald Omega\Emerald Omega\Emerald Omega.ups' ...
    Reading file 'C:\Users\Sean\Desktop\Gaming\Pokemon Hacks\Emerald Omega\Emerald Omega\Pokemon Emerald.gba' ...
    Target file is 'C:\Users\Sean\Desktop\Gaming\Pokemon Hacks\Emerald Omega\Emerald Omega\Pokemon Emerald.gba.utm' ...
    Patch APPLICATION will take approximately 0 minute(s), 16 second(s).
    Please be patient ... UI will not be responsive during this time.

Failed! Input checksum is INVALID.

.....this is the message I have been getting every single time with every single Emerad ROM I could find online(a bit of exaggerating there but still...).

So, if you could just tell us the exact type of ROM you used with this(exact name and all) since you(and the rest of us) can't post a link to ROMs, that'd be helpful as I tried different sites all over, and failed.

If that is not allowed, I apologize for asking.

Edit: I'm using tsukyomi as the patching PROGRAM.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back