• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Rogue

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2022
    Hello a silly question if possbile .. when and why my pokemons dissapearing after some battles ? and how i prevent this or at least to choose what pokemon i want to leave my party. Also is it possible to change my starter ? or i need to new game ?

Years
    This might be my favorite ROMhack I've played! Addictive and challenging. I haven't felt this challenged by a Pokemon game in a long time. Also it's a great way to play with all the Pokemon Gens 1-8 at once.

I'm trying to do the achievements now, and I'm wondering how Chaos Master works? It keeps failing me on that challenge even though I trade with Mr Randoman any time I see him. Am I missing something?

Years
    Beem playing this all week and been loving it!

Are you able to/plan on expanding max amount of pc boxes? I'm trying to catch everything in the safarii zone, but i can tell i'm definitely going to run out of space.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2022
    Hi! I really love the hack, very creative! However I think I'm encountering a gamebreaking bug? I'm not sure.
    Essentially I am not able to save in game. Which normally isn't a problem with save states, but it seems I am not allowed to start a new run from the HUB without saving.
    Any time I try and save in-game -- whether for the purposes of starting a run or just in general -- the entire emulator seems to crash and quit.
    I noticed that when I load up the hacked rom and try to load, the save file is completely missing. "NEW GAME" being the only option.

Is there anything you can think that I could do to fix or get around this issue? For now I am unable to start any new run!

EDIT: The issue doesn't seem consistent actually. After re-launching the emulator and loading the save state several times, it eventually seemed to let me save and start the new run. (This same thing has happened before too)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2022
    Hello PokeAbbie!

Love this so much, have been playing it nonstop for the past few weeks.

I think I may have encountered a bug however :involving Shedinja eating my Doduo after Nincada evolved,

I intentionally lost a Growlithe to have the slot for Shedinja. (had balls in pack as per usual) and had Nincada out at the end when catching a Beldum to level up my Nincada to level 21 to evolve it.

I would be more than happy to talk about this! However I unfortunately did not record it, and I am honestly not too heartbroken about losing doduo. Just wanted to pass the info along.

5/5 stars still!

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Without being very specific, I will say that a lot (not all) of what you have suggested NEWaytheWIND is planned for 1.3
    So keep your eyes out ;)

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2022
    Humbly , before I offer any suggestions and criticism, I have to extoll Emerald Rogue's incredible polish and addictiveness. I can't put this damn thing down; over 100 hours over the past two months! As a result of my obsession, I'd like to offer some ideas that popped into my head that might fit in with the vision of the hack.

I love some of these ideas and others I would not be so happy about but even the ladder would still make great optional settings one could unlock in the late game, which is how you've phrased most of the suggestions anyhow.
    Given Pokabbie's hints about 1.3, gotta say I am looking forward to what lies ahead!

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2023
    I don't know whether to be excited or terrified. "Just one more run", I keep telling myself 😂

Thanks for the reply; you're becoming a legend in the community!

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2022
    Great Hack 10/10! Came across a funny glitch however; when I change the nature of my shiny Honedge she no longer remains shiny. I made sure to test this more than once and whenever I change the nature she loses her shiny properties and reverts back to normal, which isn't ideal. I am wondering if it's because the game never intended for this pokemon to be in the game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    I can't find any mons past gen 3 and I can't restart the game completely?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    Hey!
    I think this is my favourite Pokémon game of all time. My brother and I play it together, and are more excited to keep playing this than for SV. Do you have a Patreon (or similar) we can donate to, to show our appreciation for the excellent work?
    -looking forward to 1.3!

BijutsuYoukai

Evil Little Art Demon
    Years
    Just heard of and downloaded this last night, and put about 5 hours in before I even realized it and had to make myself close out and go to bed. This is hands down one of my favorite hacks I've played, even just with that amount of time. I love rogue-likes and the more competitive battling portions of Pokemon, so this is an awesome combination and has a lot of innovation I hadn't expected. I'm not even angry or disappointed when I lose runs, because I am excited to see what will happen on the next run. Please keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2022
    Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to change the keyboard keys and language of the game

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2022
    First of all, this ROM hack is fantastic. I played Pokemon as a kid but it's style just didn't age well for me (maybe not a popular opinion). However, this hack has brought Pokemon back to life and I really appreciate you making it and opening it up to the community to download and play.

Not sure if this is a place to post this, but I entered a Legendary Pokemon encounter but there was no Pokemon there lol. It was the area with three levels of rock looking out over the sky or ocean (it's blue). The trainer I encountered beforehand had a Smeargle and Snorlax (not sure if that helps narrow down what happened). I think I may have encountered a Ho-oh once in this section, but it "flew away" after the battle. Maybe it's intentional to not come back or it's a roll of the dice. Regardless, just wanted to mention this.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    For those wondering how to enable Pokemon past Gen 3 (along with Megas, Z moves, etc) you have to enter the Config Lab, go up to the window at the top, and click A on it. In that room you can enable new Pokemon that way.
    I was immensely confused on how to get Pokemon past Gen 4 as well, admittedly this is a really ugly game design on the developer's part. I feel like it should be automatically enabled, or at the very least making it NOT an unnoticeable secret.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2022
    OP thank you for creating this romhack! Like many others, I created an account just to tell you how great this is. This is seriously the most fun I've had with a pokemon game in many years. I'm looking forward to future updates. Here are a few suggestions I had, though some may not be feasible:

* If you opt to trade your starter before the adventure starts, it would be nice to have the option to nickname them. Even if there has to be a name rater in the room too.
    * A config room option to show the pokemon in a route without having to run through the grass.
    * Making route tiles on adventure map easily identifiable from a glance. (Calm could be a circle, Average could be a square, Tough could be a triangle. The color of the shape could correspond to the type)
    * More route variety would be awesome.

admittedly this is a really ugly game design on the developer's part. I feel like it should be automatically enabled, or at the very least making it NOT an unnoticeable secret.
    Are you playing with someone else's completed save file? Playing with pokemon past gen 3 is unlocked after completing an adventure. There's an entire cutscene explaining where to go, how did you miss that? You're way off thinking this is bad game design. Also I'd say it's definitely a good thing nearly 900 pokemon aren't available from the start. It could easily overwhelm new players, and saving it for post-game rewards the player for playing the game well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2022
    Okay, I think I noticed 3 bugs in the game.
    - Mega Kangaskhan does not attack twice. i assume it's bugged.
    - Dragon darts hits more than two times.
    - Legendaries can still teleport, Solgaleo just did in my game. I thought I read this was fixed, might be wrong though.

Amazing game by the way!

Back