• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Rogue

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2022
    Hey, sorry if this has already been asked a million times but are you currently planning on implementing gen 9 at all?

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Just tried this for the first time and its a extremely cool concept!

On my first try I gotten a Larvitar and a Torchic in the first area and a friggin Shiny Unown in the second area lol. Got as far as the first area after the 2nd badge where a trainer with a Whiscash and a Tentacruel ended me. Had no grass or electric types appear at all for me.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    After doing enough runs now I do have one minor gripe..

Is there no area with Route 120's theme? Its my personal fav song in Hoenn yet it doesn't play on the original route's map even, just perplexed at this odd inclusion.

Sorry if it sounds too trivial.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Ive just reached 60h of gameplay on vanilla version and let me say
    I never, NEVER, enjoyed so much an hack rom!

Will you continue to update both versions? I know it's tedious, but the vanilla meta is pure gold, i never enjoyed it so much!
    Oh, the pokedex is very funny to complete, thank you so much to made this hack

Last ask: will be possible to export our favourite pokemon (like pkhex or somethin idk) from the ex version? I know other rom hack are creating different ways

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Ive just reached 60h of gameplay on vanilla version and let me say
    I never, NEVER, enjoyed so much an hack rom!

Will you continue to update both versions? I know it's tedious, but the vanilla meta is pure gold, i never enjoyed it so much!
    Oh, the pokedex is very funny to complete, thank you so much to made this hack

Last ask: will be possible to export our favourite pokemon (like pkhex or somethin idk) from the ex version? I know other rom hack are creating different ways

Yep I'm always planning to maintain both Vanilla and EX versions with each update :)
    I'm note sure pkhex supports rom hacks properly; I'm not really aware of any tool that works with them currently

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2022
    Love this game, I play it with my siblings! Just one question: how do I update to the latest version without losing my save? And why is Scyther's shiny different (missing the red segments)? Thank you!!

Years
  • Hey, Thanks for the Amazing Hack!!
    it's one of the best i have played!!
    Also are you plan to add Blessing/charm (opposite of curse)

How about after player do Full Run with specific curse they can buy the opposite charm.
    like discount curse will allow player buy discount charm (of course it's has price 10k+)
    some Curse will give unique charm like Capacity will give Shiny Charm.

also Are planning add Gen 4+ Boss and Route?
    if so how about add Marathon Run (where you game mode where you Rush from Gen 1 to latest Gen in Game)

Years
  • This is easily one of the best ROM hacks I've ever played; I lose track of time in the middle of a run. It's exactly what I never knew I was looking for in a Pokemon game. Excellent work!

Ven9496

the strongest lesbian pokemon trainer in the world
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    I'm pretty sure the ability Parental Bond doesn't work properly.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    can you get legendaries in the safari? im struggling to find any out of the 3 i caught on my last run and i made it to the elite 4. im looking in the areas with their typing and i cant seem to find any

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2022
    can you get legendaries in the safari? im struggling to find any out of the 3 i caught on my last run and i made it to the elite 4. im looking in the areas with their typing and i cant seem to find any

Yes you can get legendaries in safari. Have you tried limiting the generation when you enter the safari to target what you want? I've caught many using this method.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2022
    Great ROM hack. It sparked my interest in playing Pokemon again and this kept me entertained for hundreds of hours so far.

Anyone else noticed that the AI is worse with the 1.3 update? I have already set the AI difficulty to hard, but it seems to make dumb moves more often than 1.2.

For example, I've experienced them using Fake Out multiple times past the first turn. AI often uses sub-optimal moves even though they have a far better choice.

Edit: More examples: Using Stealth Rock when it's already setup. Using Metal Sound when my Sp. Def can't go any lower.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2024
    Been really enjoying this hack, but since 1.3 came out the game crashes for me whenever I try to make one of my pokemon forget a move after level up. Doesn't look like many other people are experiencing this issue, but would love to see a fix implemented.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2023
    Hey, is there a way to add/activate an effectiveness indicator for moves, like in Pokemon Unbound, or modern Pokemon games? Maybe with a switch.

I got about 70 Hours in with the 1.31 Version, so far its the best Rom Hack Ive ever played.

Outstanding work.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    First of all, echoing the sentiment, love the idea of this.

I've got one issue, though. Years of playing randomized content has made addicted to palette/stat/ability randomization. There's a fairly well known Emerald Randomizer that does this exceptionally well. It was my sincere hope that I could mix these two, either by applying the palette randomization before or after, but none of my experiments have yielded any worthwhile results, unfortunately.

Is there any chance you'll consider either making it compatible with the existent palette randomization, or provide one for the game itself? It would be a real game changer and make this the definitive experience.

Back