• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Emerald Shiny Trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
    So I've heard.

I've heard some people have been taking advantage of Emerald's broken RNG. They've found some sort of convoluted way (something about pressing A just as the location sign pops down?) to whittle down the chances of increasing a shiny Pokemon's appearance from 1 in 8,192 to a whopping 1 in 200. They say if you do it right, every battle will slim the chances by one (i.e., after the 1st battle, it'll be 1 in 199, etc. until it reaches 1 in 1)

So my question is: What is this trick? Has anyone heard anything about it? Does it really work? How does one really perform it?

I've searched and searched and searched some more, but have found nothing at all. All I get are a bunch of vague guides written by 8 year old's who, can somehow, perform the trick perfectly, but epically fail spelling wise, grammar wise, and elaboration-wise. So can anyone tell me how exactly this is performed, and if it actually even works?

Thanks a million.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    No, I have not heard of this. Maybe is someone tried it, it could possibly true. I am not patient, however :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    I just read that RNG guide... tl;dr. Besides, I only like legit shinies that are REALLY rare.. so yeah.

ThatOneGuy_21

Dark Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    I just like the appearance of the shiny Pokemon so I'm gonna try this.

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
    Thanks Myles, I'll take a look. Personally, I'm leaning towards the cheating side, because, IMO, you're cheating the game to get shinies.

EDIT: Damn, that's one hell of a process... I think I'll leave my chances at 1 in 8,192.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    Just reading that almost killed me >.< Im way to impatient to do that...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Okay, well I was leaving this open as a discussion, but now it's just full of "lol thats too much"

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back