• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Squared - A Doubles-only 386 Enhancement Hack [V1.2 Release]

Years
  • Pokemon Emerald Squared - A Doubles-only 386 Enhancement Hack [V1.2 Release]

Pokémon Emerald Squared: Emerald, in 2 by 2!

My first completed ROMhack. Take on the Hoenn region once more with a new, 19-year-old battle style.

Features
    • Double Battles for every trainer fight in the game.
    • The whole Pokédex is encounterable and catchable before the League.
    • Buffs to weak Pokémon and moves.
    • A new Rival to battle you on your journey.
    • Improved difficulty throughout.

Pokemon Emerald Squared - A Doubles-only 386 Enhancement Hack [V1.2 Release]

Download the .UPS patch here!
    Version 1.2: link

More images!
    Spoiler:

Changelog
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    Hello, I've encountered a glitch at Mt. Pyre. 1st trainer, 2nd floor. After beating this trainer my character switches colors and freezes in place. I suddenly gain control of a color swapped version of my rival on a different part of the screen. I'm able to move around a small area and fight wild pokemon, but I can't go up stairs or get past the graves near me. This locks me and I have to reset a previous save.

Hopefully you can help, I'm loving the rom :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    I recently found your rom hack for an alternative double battle theme. I must say that this modification is both great and uninspiring at times. the positive side is you managed to add different pokemon types to each trainer's themes respectively. However, I'm not fully content with major battles with gym leaders, evil team bosses, their goon's teams. it just breaks the flow and coherent based on their pokemon teams are supposed to be. Another aspect I dislike is adding an extra pokemon to all trainers. I also happen to notice a mistake on pokemon typing you may accidentally changed? Drowzee is weak to ground and farfetch'd is immune to dark.

I conclude this hack to be a fusion of the typical challenging rom hack and the thrill of double from colosseum/XD. Overall, your work is good, but needs some more balancing (especially Roxanne, because good lord, a full team at the intro of the game is overkill).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    The best thing about this hack are the funny Pokédex entries.

In case I can't catch them all, is there a list of the Pokédex entries uploaded?

And where can I find Charmander?

Back