• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Emerald Team?

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    Whats a good team to get and levels from the start of the game to the end
    Like Could you guys tell me What team to get ASAP to beat the gyms rather easy?

EDIT: Also i don't really want to use a starter, since i don't like the starters much in R/S/E

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Use whatever Pokemon you like and you can eventually defeat all eight gym leaders in Hoenn.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That explains your dislike for the starters. If you are looking to get through the game very easily, use Mudkip/Taillow/Ralts. That is really all you need, along with Tropius and Wailmer for HM moves. Swampert, Swellow, and Gardevoir can handle anything the weak AI has to offer. I know since I use that team all the time to burn through the game quickly because I like to collect TMs and other items, transfer them to my other cart, and then start over again. A lot more satisfying than cheating.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • I suggest a Gyarados becuz except for the occasional Plusle/Minum you pwn everything

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Ahh yes Gyarados, A must have ^^
    Disagree. Gyarados is a bad in-game Pokemon. Gyarados' strength is physical attacking which it cannot achieve properly during the course of the game. Swampert has much better typing, providing STAB Surf and Earthquake. Doesn't get much better than that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    Ahh okay then =/
    And, STAB?

Edit: I also have no idea what the difference between natures is, and i never give my pokemon held items either XD

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    STAB - Same Type Attack Bonus. If your Blaziken uses Earthquake, it will do less damage then your Swampert because Swampert is a ground type, as is Earthquake.

Natures - A list of natures can be found at https://pokemonfanuniverse.com/games/rs/natures.php. Depending on the Pokemon's nature, it will have a 10% boost to one stat, and a 10% decrease in another. However, there are a few natures that don't change the stat at all.

Held items - These are GREAT and you should definitely use them!

Hope I helped. :)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I personally think all pokemon are good for anything!!! So I think you should use anything you can believe is good enough...that's all I can say!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    While that is a very nice sentiment, sadly it just isn't true. All Pokemon have strengths and weaknesses and their own purposes.

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    You've stated it yourself in numerous threads, shanecdavis: The AI is stupid. For the sake of just beating the game, any team, and any Pokemon, will be fine.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Normally that is true, but AgreedSpy is looking to get through it as quickly as possible, as he stated in the first post. Random Pokemon won't get that done. Swampert, Swellow, and Gardevoir burn through it very quickly. I cannot count how many times I have had to restart a game and burn through it and found this team to be the most effective.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
  • I am using

Sceptile
    Swampert
    Blazeiken
    Alakazam
    Golem
    Swellow

and it is a very balanced team and they are strong but sadly 4 of these pokemon require trade to obtain

2 starters golem and alakazam trade evolve so if you can not trade than i have not helped you at all lol

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Why would you have Golem on your team when Swampert is far superior? Waste of a slot, if you ask me. Gardevoir, while it doesn't quite have the SAtk that Alakazam does, it has good SDef and can learn Thunderbolt, which Alakazam cannot. I would replace Golem with another physical attacker to complement Swampert. Snorlax, Aerodactyl, or Metagross would be my first choices.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • My team. You can try it, but I think you can't get the exact EV as I have.

Sceptile - Leaf blade, Giga drain, Dragon claw, Aerial Ace.
    Exploud - Hyperbeam/Hyper voice, Screech, Blizzard, Shadow ball.
    Skarmory - Steel wing, Swift, Fly, Air cutter.
    Gardevoir - Hypnosis, Dream eater/Toxic, Psychic, Calm mind.
    Ninetales - Safeguard, Flamethrower, Confuse ray, Will 'o' wisp.
    Absol - Swords dance, Double-edge, Iron tail, Ice beam.

I used Marrill as a slave for the HM moves, so balance your team well.

Years
  • I'd at least recommend a Gardevoir. It's versatility is unrivalled. You will have alot of trouble with it until it learns Psychic, however.
    Swellow? I used one for the first few areas of the game. But then, you would want to switch it for something better. I got rid of mine for a Trapinch (evolves into Flygon). Alternatively, if you want something fast but with better attack than Swellow, Zangoose or Absol are recommended. Don't count on either to stay in long, though (then again, don't count on Swellow either). Of course, Ninjask is also an option, but its fragility may render it useless (ie: It cannot take more than one super effective attack. Heck, I don't even think that it can take more than 3 regular attacks.) but its speed is incredible and unrivalled.

All in all, try to research for yourself! Here is a good website which has details on every single Pokemon in the game:
    https://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/
    It's for Diamond and Pearl, but it still works.

Back