• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Energized Emerald - Global release

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    the swellow used u-turn in at least the first battle, assumedly because i led with mightyena. i definitely recall seeing skarmory because i had to remember swalot has corrosion (i don't have fire moves) and i believe she had her tropius as well (again, no fire moves, so i had to improvise). i don't recall if it was the same both times, because i thought i saw pelipper as well...

come to think of it, i don't remember if the swellow came back out after using u-turn, but i do vaguely recall seeing all the other members of flannery's team. it's possible it's that specific move's fault, since i hear those types of moves have a tendency to cause problems in rom hacks. it might be good to ask if anyone has reached winona and what happened when they did if you've been in contact with other people playing the game.

Ok. Thanks for the help!

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Pokemon Energized Emerald V1.0.9

patch download - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1l8JQcy5ACjPa5GkyjA_oeRtNRxZaRY44?usp=share_link

Changelog:
    -Added tutor move list and locations and berry handout locations to documentation.
    -Added item ball for the Protector item in Victory Road B2F.
    -Flannery's EV training now gives up to 252 EVs in a stat (up from 120).
    -Fixed Deoxys forms sneaking past the Battle Frontier banned list.
    -Removed Mega Punch and Mega Kick from Frontier move tutors (they weren't supposed to be there!).
    -Increased the sell price of rare berries (number 36 and onwards) to 1000 from 10.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    got to the pokemon league but there's a very huge level jump and no good way to grind. the first post here mentions buyable rare candies but they're not in the mauville candy shop and the only other place i thought might have them was the mall at lilycove, but they're not there either. where can i buy them?

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    got to the pokemon league but there's a very huge level jump and no good way to grind. the first post here mentions buyable rare candies but they're not in the mauville candy shop and the only other place i thought might have them was the mall at lilycove, but they're not there either. where can i buy them?

Rare Candy can be bought at the Mauville Sweet Shop after finishing the post game story.

Years
  • I patched it with the vanilla emerald as you said (not trashman)
    And all the patcher did IS patch it, as an .txt file... (Also when I open it it's just gibberish)
    If the trashman file is what is needed you should probably point that out in the main post thing-y so that some people save themself some time
    That being said I do look forward to enjoying your ROM hack <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What I mean by trainer docs is a list of the teams that major battles have. Would be useful for nuzlockes

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    i beat the e4 :^)!
    Fqa-8KMXgAwbJWF

can't wait to check out the postgame story.

Years
  • Yeah, a small update
    I tried the trashman vanilla freshly downloaded gba file cuz I feel like I should point that out
    And no ball
    I don't know what the problem is, no other patcher seems to work
    Im trying to patch the recent 1.09v on mobile
    If anybody knows how to fix this please help

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Yeah, a small update
    I tried the trashman vanilla freshly downloaded gba file cuz I feel like I should point that out
    And no ball
    I don't know what the problem is, no other patcher seems to work
    Im trying to patch the recent 1.09v on mobile
    If anybody knows how to fix this please help

There are more download links that can be found on the Pokemon Energized Emerald Discord server (There's a link to it in the README).

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    This hack is really good. I'm trying to hc nuzlocke it, and while it seems deceptively easy at first with the gym leaders not having a full team, the extra abilities can catch you off guard and may cost you a mon even on random trainers. It's not a difficulty hack at its core but it gives a fun challenge.

I've tried to gameshark rare candies into the game to avoid the early game grind but none of the codes seem to work, is there some value changed for the item?

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Pokemon Energized Emerald V1.0.10

patch download - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BfzwWHd2-SC7x-cb-Lk9ZRrHFJjBd92l?usp=share_link

Changelog:
    -Fixed a bug where Synchronize wasn't reflecting the user's nature onto wild Pokemon encountered via fishing.
    -Fixed Casteliacone and Lumiose Galette to be able to pick the move to restore PP.
    -Fixed collisions for some houses.
    -Fixed a bug where Scott's dialogue at his house didn't progress.
    -Added TM Hidden Power to regional Pokemon learnsets as it was missing.
    -Price of Bottle Caps in the Frontier exchange corner has been reduced to 1BP from 2BP.
    -Price of Gold Bottle Caps in the Frontier exchange corner has been reduced to 12BP from 28BP.
    -Pokemon stop gaining EVs after 252 for training and battles.
    -Flannery can now EV train your Pokemon without daily limits if you beat the post game story.

Last edited:

blitz_2k

Kabe
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Megas weren't originally going to be in it, they were the very last feature that got added in before release. I wanted players to experiment with new stuff, not go back to what they know is OP. I later decided that after beating the game's challenges there wasn't much reason to hold Megas back and give players a new toy.

Yeah, but again, what's the point of adding a mechanic to the hack when there's absolutely nothing else to do in the game?
    Should have added it at least when getting the 7 frontier SILVER symbols so players can use it to get the GOLD ones...

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yeah, but again, what's the point of adding a mechanic to the hack when there's absolutely nothing else to do in the game?
    Should have added it at least when getting the 7 frontier SILVER symbols so players can use it to get the GOLD ones...

Or this

Why not perhaps enable them around the time of the 8th gym? About the same time as when all the national dex-related features unlock in ORAS, just in time to at least make them usable for late game and even this brand new post-game but not too early enough to make the mid-game very easy. Better than locking them completely behind 100%'ing something that's extremely difficult and stress-inducing to do, plus I think the Battle Frontier isn't exactly known to be stable in most Emerald hacks. Just a suggestion is all.

Do love the idea of this hack overall though, kinda sounds like a more polished version of luuma's Altered Emerald with these type of features (cept without all the brand new extra areas before post-game). I'm gonna try it for sure once enough updates are released.

What's the point of even including megas in this hack in the first place if they can't even be used at all? No one is going to do the entire battle frontier 100% in a rom hack of all things.

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
    Years
  • Not to echo chamber the point, but.... Yeeeeaaaaah, you kinda Sun/Moon'd it with Mega Evo-related stuff for this. Honestly, I'm still of the mindset that we could just NOT use Megas in their current state and apply the mechanic as a regular old form change or extra evo for their respective Mons. If they're busted yet people still wanna use em, why not tweak and implement em in a way that won't snap the game balance in half?

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Pokemon Energized Emerald V1.0.12

patch download - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1chKWxCKRyV9f3Qgxlm_kNvK9yCexsMAB?usp=share_link

Changelog:
    -Soul Siphon now gets bonus healing from Big Root.
    -Number of Feebas spots is bumped up to 60 from 18.
    -Fixed Alolan Vulpix/Sandshrew lines not being able to learn TM Hail.
    -Rapidash and Galarian Rapidash have High Horsepower added to their level up learnsets.
    -Fixed some regionals not able to make eggs of their pre-evos.
    -The Battle Tent can have up to 7 trainers appear (up from 5).

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2023
    hey, do i have to play from the beginning after every update or is the game saved?

Years
  • Thanks for hard work! This really sounds like my ideal version of a pokemon emerald improvement hack!
    I'm looking forward to trying it out

Back