• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Eruption.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2006
    .:: Hack Name ::.
    Pokémon Eruption.

.:: Hack of ::.
    Pokémon Emerald

.:: Introduction ::.
    This is the third Advanced generation Hack I'll be attempting. I'll admit it, I left the other two to die off. They plain and simply sucked. I'm hoping that with this one things can work out better, although I'm pretty much stuck with what I can find that accepts Emerald.

.:: Story ::.
    (i.1)The story begins years ago.. The former hero of Hoenn, Ruby, defected to Team Magma when he discovered and Captured the Legendary GROUDON. He quickly and swiftly rose through the ranks until he finally went against the Leader in a battle to decide who would now lead Team Magma.
    Ruby and GROUDON created a wall of magma around Maxie and his Pokémon and... Ruby became the new Leader and chose a new name for himself;Infernal. Infernal and Team Magma used the power of GROUDON to turn Hoenn into a virtual firepit;Erasing 80% of the Seas and replacing them with Magma, the trees turned to stone.
    The Petalburg Gym Leader who was the Father of Ruby was devistated by the events and with his Wife, fled back to Johto, leaving their Son behind. Six hundred years into the future a Hero of the Human race, along with his temporary Pokémon Celebi and Diaruga defeated an Alien threat to the Earth. In the Aliens final seconds it unleased an explosion with the power of three nukes aimed at them;Diaruga took the brunt force of the attack while Celebi opened a Time warp and sent the Human to the past to escape..
    He arived in 2004 Hoenn, route 105, Island cave and entered the cave entrance there, where upon he discovered Regice and captured it. Using its power he began actively fighting against GROUDON and Infernal and completly Froze over Petalburg City and took over as its Gym Leader. A year later he traveled to Mossdeep and began to freeze it over when Infernal himself arived and the two trainer and Legendarys faught...
    In the end Infernal and GROUDON began to raise another wall of fire around their foe when Rizer and Regice flew off. Fast forward to 2006:A new trainer from Johto moves into Littleroot Town, now renamed Magmaroot Town.

.:: Features ::.
    G/S/C version Sprites inserted over R/S/E versions of the 251 first and second generation pokemon.
    New Maps
    Either new Elite Four or new sprites of current, and a different Champion.
    Wally is more significant this time.
    Steven retires to Mossdeep as its Gym Leader.
    Petalburg gets a new Gym Leader inplace of Norman.
    (If possible)Use Magcargo to Lava-surf across the Magma.
    Old trio of Water>Fire>Grass is put to rest in favor of Fighting>Dark>Psychic.

.:: Team (optional) ::.
    Mapper: ZEO Ztrex.
    Scripter: ZEO Ztrex, Twim'C.
    Spriter: (Presently) ZEO Ztrex.

.:: Screenshots ::.
    Attached below. From top to bottom:Eruption Gate City, replacing Lavaridge.
    Flaredale Town, replacing Oldale.
    Glaciarpass City, replacing Petalburg.
    Magmaroot Town, replacing Littleroot.

And thats it for now. I'm being lazy recently and thus work has slowed down, but I'm still going to keep on it, so don't worry about this one being left to die. If y'all would prefer the pics be of the trainer at those places, lemme know and I'll get those up instead.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
    Not bad, not bad. I'd say the maps could use some work (I'll help if you want), but the story is good. I'll keep an eye on this.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Hmmm... Wicked story (poor Hoenn, being melted and frozen. But it's interesting anyway). The entrances to the caves don't look good. I think you need the upper tile too (entrances get formed by using two tiles), it's only my opinion.
    Good luck!

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Looks nice your maps are good but they miss some tiles, like on the edges of stuff, which would vastly improve it... Good luck :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2007
    Hmm... I remember an INI add-on that allowed Elitemap and its tools to accept Emerald... I'll find it real quick.

EDIT: Here you go my friend, just open Pokeroms.ini and paste this at the very bottom (assuming you even have Elitemap, if not check out the Tools showcase):

[BPEE]
    Name = Pokémon Emerald (E)
    RomType = 0
    Language = 0
    MapHeaders = 543396
    Maps = 543180
    WorldMap = hoennmap.bmp
    MapLabels = 1194820
    HomeLevel = &H0009
    WildPokemon = &H553450
    MonsterNames = &H3185CF
    MonsterPics = &H30A194
    MonsterPals = &H303680
    TrainerClasses = &H30FCD3
    TrainerData = &H310059
    AttackNameList = &H319789
    ItemNames = &H5839A0
    TrainerPics = &H305654
    TrainerPals = &H30593C
    TrainerPicCount = 93
    MonsterPicCount = 440
    MusicList = em_songs.txt ;rs_songs.txt

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
    I agree with some people that the maps have weirdishly looking edits. The lava doesn't really fit in much, so maybe try to make the caves and boulders a bit deeper, or something. I'm not good at explanations.

And this is the shock that everyone will be thinking:

The plot is weird.

All right, a review.

The story begins years ago.. The former hero of Hoenn, Ruby, defected to Team Magma when he discovered and Captured the Legendary GROUDON. He quickly and swiftly rose through the ranks until he finally went against the Leader in a battle to decide who would now lead Team Magma.
    Ruby and GROUDON created a wall of magma around Maxie and his Pokémon and... Ruby became the new Leader and chose a new name for himself; Infernal.

(Now, why would GROUDON help Ruby? You should probably give it a reason to. And why did Ruby defect?)

Infernal and Team Magma used the power of GROUDON to turn Hoenn into a virtual firepit; erasing 80% of the Seas and replacing them with Magma, the trees turned to stone.

(Why did the trees turn to stone?)

The Petalburg Gym Leader who was the Father of Ruby was devistated by the events and with his Wife, fled back to Johto, leaving their Son behind.

(When did they have a son? New character?)

Six hundred years into the future a Hero of the Human race, along with his temporary Pokémon Celebi and Diaruga defeated an Alien threat to the Earth. In the Aliens final seconds it unleased an explosion with the power of three nukes aimed at them;Diaruga took the brunt force of the attack while Celebi opened a Time warp and sent the Human to the past to escape..

(In the game, you should make it so that we understand just how he got those temporary Pokemon.)

He arived in 2004 Hoenn, route 105, Island cave and entered the cave entrance there, where upon he discovered Regice and captured it.
    (Island Cave?)

Using its power he began actively fighting against GROUDON and Infernal and completly Froze over Petalburg City and took over as its Gym Leader.

(Why take over Petalburg City as the Gym Leader?)

A year later he traveled to Mossdeep and began to freeze it over when Infernal himself arived and the two trainer and Legendarys faught...
    In the end Infernal and GROUDON began to raise another wall of fire around their foe when Rizer and Regice flew off.

(I'm guessing Rizer is the person. Next time, please tell who these people are)

Fast forward to 2006: A new trainer from Johto moves into Littleroot Town, now renamed Magmaroot Town.

(Why is he going to Hoenn? Or will they rename Hoenn to something else?)

So, basically, it's a good plot, but lacking in crucial areas. Plus, I'm a little picky, but the grammar is a bit wrong. Nice try though.

And I'm going to ask yet the same question: are you going to edit the tilesets?

Just wondering.

Please, though, if you are going to implement this plot, try shortening it, and give a reason why these things happen. Otherwise, nothing will make sense.

I know, I'm a harsh reviewer, but hey, it means that this hack shows promise. I give it :donut::donut::donut: out of :donut::donut::donut::donut::donut:.

Hope to see improvement over this hack; because I'll be setting my eye on it.

From,
    ~TheRoad

PS: I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, or if you believe I'm wrong at any part. BTW, are you going to include sidequests, and all sorts of things like that?

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    I agree with TheRoad, your plot is a bit bizzare.....So lemme get this straight, theres "Ruby", who defected to Team Magma and turned Hoenn into one big rock/lava pit...OKKK, thats acceptable, most hacks start off with some doomsday like event.

But now you jump to another character, 600 years into the future with aliens attacking and temporary legendary pokemons available for rent? That sounds like some 1940s horror flick, though its still acceptable for a plotline, but whats with the "temporary" legendary pokemons? How are they supposed to be your "temporary" pokemons if they're one of a kind and require you to fight and capture them? And what happened to them after you warped them back in time?

Then whoever this is caught Regice, became leader of a gym and fought with Ruby....but then you forward into the future again with another trainer......I'm curious, why do you create so many main characters, and give so much info on thier interesting journeys through time and space, but we only use the last, unknown character from the present? I mean, why bother making "Rizer" and giving us info on his achivements if we're not gonna use him? He doesn't leave behing anything important, after all, din't he flee from a battle?

[Note: Din't mean to offend anybody, just askin for you to make your plot less complex]

Last edited:

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
    Actually, I just thought of something... Why wouldn't you use Kyogre, and instead use Regice? It doesn't really make sense. And DarkArcz is right at points as well...

(It would make a little more sense, as Kyogre and Groudon have been fighting for quite some time... so Regice? Why?)

And that all begins with the first question... Why did Ruby defect in the first place? You said it was something to do with Groudon, but that doesn't tell us much... unless you're still trying to keep things a mystery. In that case, why bother giving us all the history, instead of keeping some facts a secret?

And what's with the temp. POKeMON? Seems to me that this Pokemon world is a lot more weirder than the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon that we all know and love. And that's just an example.

If we only use the last character, then at least give some insight upon him; after all, it's not fair to use all the other people, and then don't give any background on him, besides the fact that he came from Johto. Maybe he, in a secret plot-twist, is actually Ruby from the past, and Ruby of the future, and blah blah blah, don't know it yet? Maybe in the end, Ruby vs Ruby2 have to fight each other to the death....

How are you going to do the scripting in this?
    Sounds like a major pain in the butt.

And the plot. If you wanted to make history, then why not make a chronicle sort of thing. You know, just make something like the Viridian City's Pokemon class, where you can read the other person's stuff... hehehe.

Something like [ex. POKEMON CHRONICLES : A JOURNALISM of TIME AND TIME BEYOND, (What's this? It seems to be futuristic, yet the writing itself seems almost unreadable... the following is all I can read... [Date: 2600, Sept __, It seems that the alien battle has finally come, but all I can do is just --])

You should probably make the plot a little more easier. Not too complicated... otherwise you get something that sounds more like Star Wars. Remember, you still have to do side-quests, if you do want to implement those.

Sorry if I hurt anybody with these opinions, but this is an honest one. Regardless, I still hope you the best of luck with this hack.

From,
    ~TheRoad

calumoh

686578206D616E696163
    Years
    i like the story, its interesting because it is different to a lot of other hacks
    the sign post things do look kinda out of place...but who cares
    also i like the idea of the different elements altering the maps, it will be interesting so yeh good luck with it

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    Interesting use of the maps. Just one thing I have to say. When your using the steps on your first map, if woul look better if you used the stairs one by one like not ouble or tripled consequative, since they are leveled you use the whole concept of climbing the first stairs and then walk on ground then stairs and so on. It'd look better in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2007
    Ahh... I am finally here. (BTW, it is a lowercase "c")
    Let's see if I can answer some questions (Correct me if I am wrong, Zeo Ztrex)

1). About using Regice, I believe Kyogre is guarding the rest of the oceans that were not covered by the magma... And so Regice seems to be the next candidate in line.
    2). Ruby is supposed to be the main character in R/S, and that character's father is Norman, leader of Petalburg City Gym.
    3). Groudon helped Ruby because Ruby captured him...
    4). Rizor took over Petalburg City Gym because Norman, the father of Ruby, fled back to Johto, leaving an opening for a new gym leader.
    5). The new trainer who just arrived in Hoenn is going to be the character you are playing as, I believe.
    6). As to the lack of background information, that will probably be part of the in-game plotline, it woulndn't be fun without the mystery, right?

Back