• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon events

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2019
    I'm attempting to 100% Pokemon white 2 legitimately, and I've faced a challenge; event Pokemon. I don't even know if there are Pokemon events where they share the keys or anything anymore, and if there were, then I would have no way to get to it. So is there some device that can emulate them? That I could buy and use to unlock the events?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    jsyk I moved your thread from Feedback & Support to Previous Generations, as the former is for stuff regarding the PokeCommunity itself
    I'm attempting to 100% Pokemon white 2 legitimately, and I've faced a challenge; event Pokemon. I don't even know if there are Pokemon events where they share the keys or anything anymore, and if there were, then I would have no way to get to it. So is there some device that can emulate them? That I could buy and use to unlock the events?
    Events never really get re-run in general, and especially not for older games, so event-only Pokemon for Black 2/White 2 are not going to be available to you via normal means. This thread here talks about some way to get Mystery Gifts via some sort of glitch: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=422262

That may be of use to you.

idk what exactly you can do to get them besides this or like using a Gameshark or something though

Years
    Event Pokemon usually aren't needed to complete the regional dex, however you can still access them via the link Nah posted above. For gen V, it's extremely easy to do this.

However you might be stuck due to version exclusives if you don't have another game & DS, or if you aren't going to transfer from previous gens. For example, you can't get Registeel in White 2 because you only get the Iceberg Key, whereas Black 2 gets Iron Key. There's also a few Pokemon in the regional dex you won't have access to without trades/transfers.

Back