• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
The second abilities aren't working. Spent 20 minutes softresetting and never got a starter torchic with speed boost. Went to the catchable torchic with a trace ralts and after close to 40 resets saw no speedboost. Even tried breeding them and got nothing.

Yeah, it's only Blaziken who has the speed boost, although I can add it to Torchic/Combusken and do the same with the other starters.

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
Because is Blaziken who gets it on evolving...

Edit: The 2nd abilities are working fine so far. Just found my first Miltank with Clear Body. The blossom one is not working unless i'm being very unlucky to get the 2nd ability...On the bright side i found Latias out of the farming for Glooms. I was shocked.

That is extremely troublesome. I can be spending hours/days raising a pokemon without knowing it's proper ability. Dream world pokemon have the same abilities since their first stage so should these.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
Here are some suggestions.

- Politoed with Drizzle
- Ninetales with Drought
- Swampert with Swift Swim ( Sturdy is useless, it's unfortuately not like 5th gen which prevents a OHKO
- Give Seviper a better movepool / Base Stats. I've always liked Seviper, but it's just too weak for me to use.

If I think of more, I'll let you know :]

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday

Yeah, it's only Blaziken who has the speed boost, although I can add it to Torchic/Combusken and do the same with the other starters.

I found a problem. Pokemon like Kunbusken (whatever is spelled) and Gloom (for example) wont learn there 2nd ability wen they evolve, must be something with the scripting or whatever. BUT i found a solution for it. Since gloom can be found in the wild, you can add it Drought and since is by encounter rate it will come out with Drought or its original ability. wen evolved they will keep the ability. But if is there original one they will evolve with that ability. :D

Edit: Made the test my self so it works. Clearing what i said. Starter pokemons should have the option of coming out with second or first ability from the first pre-evolution like Torchic ect. Still not sure why can't be out of the random wen you have them already and evolve them but is how is working for me. I found 3 bellosom in the wild. 2 of them had Drought so the ability are working but only if there found in the wild.

Last edited:

Zetsubou Johnny

Years
I found a problem. Pokemon like Kunbusken (whatever is spelled) and Gloom (for example) wont learn there 2nd ability wen they evolve, must be something with the scripting or whatever. BUT i found a solution for it. Since gloom can be found in the wild, you can add it Drought and since is by encounter rate it will come out with Drought or its original ability. wen evolved they will keep the ability. But if is there original one they will evolve with that ability. :D

Edit: Made the test my self so it works. Clearing what i said. Starter pokemons should have the option of coming out with second or first ability from the first pre-evolution like Torchic ect. Still not sure why can't be out of the random wen you have them already and evolve them but is how is working for me. I found 3 bellosom in the wild. 2 of them had Drought so the ability are working but only if there found in the wild.

well then there's also catchable versions of all the starters as well, so they can specifically have the secondary abilities.

But I seriously suggest making the entire line know the ability. In normal pokemon games when a 2nd or 3rd stage pokemon learn different abilities usually the pre-stage pokemon knows a different ability to signify that it's ability will be that. EXAMPLE: in generation4 a tyroge can know guts and steadfast. However when evolved into a hitmontop if that tyroge knew guts its ability will always be intimidate and if its ability used to be steadfast its ability would be technician. so when evolving you could at least predict what ability it would have. i suggest you give some indication of what it's final ability would be or something. Its a bit unfair for us to have to play the game and pray we get lucky.

Also a sharpedo with speedboost would be nice as well. to coincide with it's dream would ability.

blue

gucci
Years
Alright so I've added some more abilities and one more move change (Beta 7.27)

Torchic now has the second ability Speed Boost
Combusken now has the second ability Speed Boost
Treeko now has the second ability Chlorophyll
Grovyle now has the second ability Chlorophyll
Mudkip now has the second ability Swift Swim
Marshtomp now has the second ability Swift Swim
Swampert now has the second ability Swift Swim
Scizor now has the second ability Pure Power
Breloom now has the second ability Pure Power
Tauros now has the second ability Pure Power
Stantler now has the second ability Pure Power
Altaria now has the second ability Pure Power
Pidgeot now has the second ability Guts
Carvanha now has the second ability Speed Boost
Sharpedo now has the second ability Speed Boost
Walrein now has the second ability Water Absorb
Cacturne now has the second ability Rough Skin
Persian now has the second ability Intimidate

Swampert now learns Rain Dance at Level 40 - To tie in with Swift Swim ability

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
well then there's also catchable versions of all the starters as well, so they can specifically have the secondary abilities.

But I seriously suggest making the entire line know the ability. In normal pokemon games when a 2nd or 3rd stage pokemon learn different abilities usually the pre-stage pokemon knows a different ability to signify that it's ability will be that. EXAMPLE: in generation a tyroge can know guts and steadfast. However when evoked into a hitmontop if that tyroge knew guts its ability will always be intimidate and if its ability used to be steadfast its ability would be technician. so when evolving you could at least predict what ability it would have. i suggest you give some indication of what it's final ability would be or something. Its a bit unfair for us to have to play the game and pray we get lucky.

Also a sharpedo with speedboost would be nice as well. to coincide with it's dream would ability.

This is the problem with evolving with a certain ability. Example: If you found a Torchic with Blaze and evolve it to Combusken it will have Blaze EVEN if its has Speed boost as secondarily ability. Because they ascend there last ability. Now, if you Found a Torchic with Blaze again and evolve it intl Combusken with only speed boost. That will change completely. Is like this also. Blaze-Blaze-Blaze (Blaze-blaze-Speed boost if Blaziken only has speed boost as only option in its ability.) Other wise it wont change ability on its final evolution. Thats why it has to be from Torchic to Combusken and Blaziken with the same line of abilities. So the problem here is having the luck to find that Torchic with Speed boost that will change to Combusken with speed boost and so on. Is is Blaze it will be the same but all ends into Blaze.

Pidgey and Pidgoto Must have Guts too so they can ascend with the same line to Pegeot. Sycther must have Pure power so it can ascend it wen evolve anything that is already evolved with a 2nd ability there pre-evolution must have it too so we can get them unless the evolution can be found in the wild

Last edited:

Zetsubou Johnny

Years

don't forget the oddish gloom and vileplume

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
don't forget the oddish gloom and vileplume

Not sure of they will be needed since you can find a bellosom right off the bat but yeah that too. All i know is that every line must have there 2nd abilities too just to have the line option from start instead of not getting anything from 2nd evolution and so on. Is allot now that i think of it...

Zetsubou Johnny

Years
Not sure of they will be needed since you can find a bellosom right off the bat but yeah that too. All i know is that every line must have there 2nd abilities too just to have the line option from start instead of not getting anything from 2nd evolution and so on. Is allot now that i think of it...

think from a newcomers stand point it'll be a pain and tiresome to waste time training oddish. sure bellossom's are catchable but not until late in the game.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
think from a newcomers stand point it'll be a pain and tiresome to waste time training oddish. sure bellossom's are catchable but not until late in the game.

Very true on that statement. But Vio doesn't need drought though. Is why we got Bellossom. But i wont update it tonight because i'm sure by tomorrow we will have another update with the rest of the 2nd abilities. Because having Pegeot with guts wont do anything if we can't have them on out pre-evos. Like what happen with Blaziken, ect.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
Thanks for including my suggestions :]

Do you plan on adding any extra Wally battles? He only gets like 3 battles in the game (Not including rematches), He deserves more, maybe one right before Rustboro/ Verdanturf Tunnel? And maybe one before you battle Team Aqua at the weather institute?

blue

gucci
Years

I was supposed to do this but kinda got side-tracked as you can see I did it for the likes of Carvanha/Sharpedo etc. Thanks for pointing this out though.

Thanks for including my suggestions :]

Do you plan on adding any extra Wally battles? He only gets like 3 battles in the game (Not including rematches), He deserves more, maybe one right before Rustboro/ Verdanturf Tunnel? And maybe one before you battle Team Aqua at the weather institute?

No problem!

I'm definitely planning on adding more Wally battles at one point because I agree there should be more, the last time I attempted it everything failed so I'll give it another shot soon and try and get another two or three in reasonable places.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
One Question. Is the save compatible with every new beta of your hack, or must i restart the game?

blue

gucci
Years
I've fixed and gave the abilities to the Pre-evolutions of the Pokémon of those who gained new second abilities.

I've also given Vileplume a separate new ability considering Bellossom, Gloom & Oddish gained one and that is Marvel Scale (Boosts Defense by 50% when under a status ailment)

This update was uploaded just before this post, it is just under the same name (Beta 7.27)

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday

I was supposed to do this but kinda got side-tracked as you can see I did it for the likes of Carvanha/Sharpedo etc. Thanks for pointing this out though.

No problem!

I'm definitely planning on adding more Wally battles at one point because I agree there should be more, the last time I attempted it everything failed so I'll give it another shot soon and try and get another two or three in reasonable places.

We know you're doing the best, i'll just wait for the rest on the next update so i can update it. In the time i will just run around in circles while jumping over a pool full of sharks.

Edit: Everything is working fine so far. Thanks

Holy jesus on a basket. I just found a Shiny Wobbuffet in the Safari O_O. Got it on first throw, Quirky nature thought...Still my first shiny on a Safari.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Wow, Suicune, you really are working hard on this =D

Actually. Yes i have and it was easy at first but then i didn't understood something and i got black screen and in other parts missing pokedex.

Edit:In this is what i got confuse. I will mark it with a star.

4) Go to offset 3005D8C and click on 32-bit. You will see some 32-bit numbers and *we need the first one.*
5) Add 1386 (in hex, use Windows Calculator e.g. for it =)) ( I assume is 0x56A?) But where to actually add it?
6) *Go to offset you get*. After that click on 8-bit to be sure. What do you mean by going to offset you get? the 0x56A? Or?
7) *Now we need to change 1st, 5th and 7th bit like this:
1st: raise the bit by 8
5th: raise the bit by 60* All that.
7th: raise the bit by 1
I see...

Well I might try to do a patch on the last version but seeing Suicune updating so quickly, I don't know when to do it =D

So first I'll try to explain the * parts.

4) There will be some numbers (offsets) that are like this 02andsomenumbers and we need the first one (the left upper one)
5) Just write the offset (02etc) to win calc (with hex mode on) and add 1386 then you will get (02something) and that is the offset that you need.
6) Go to the offset that calculator says.
7) If you enable the 8-bit then there will be 2numbered numbers in hex (e.g. 00, FF, FE, etc...) and you need to change the 1st, 5th and 7th by adding the numbers I mentioned, by adding I meant the same thing you do with offset. You just add them. e.g. raise the bit by 8 if you have the original bit 60 result in need to change 60 to 68.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Wow, Suicune, you really are working hard on this =D

I see...

Well I might try to do a patch on the last version but seeing Suicune updating so quickly, I don't know when to do it =D

So first I'll try to explain the * parts.

4) There will be some numbers (offsets) that are like this 02andsomenumbers and we need the first one (the left upper one)
5) Just write the offset (02etc) to win calc (with hex mode on) and add 1386 then you will get (02something) and that is the offset that you need.
6) Go to the offset that calculator says.
7) If you enable the 8-bit then there will be 2numbered numbers in hex (e.g. 00, FF, FE, etc...) and you need to change the 1st, 5th and 7th by adding the numbers I mentioned, by adding I meant the same thing you do with offset. You just add them. e.g. raise the bit by 8 if you have the original bit 60 result in need to change 60 to 68.

A patch would be awesome but i will also try the explanation you just cleared me out with. Thanks.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
Heya..!

I searched this thread but I can't seem to find any other posts about this but it appears as though there is an error in some of the dialogue of one of the trainers.

On the beach of southern Route 104, the fisherman standing next to the bug catcher says "Hey, MAGIKARP, you sure don't live up to your name, do you?" when he had no Magikarp in his team after the edits.

If you wish, I could report other small issues like this as I find them.

Also, great hack by the way! The challenge has really ramped up, and I am having a lot of fun going through Hoenn again with this extra challenge.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2014
I think I found a problem!
After the new patch (29th Fev) I started a new game and have just finished 1st gym. On my way from Route 116 into Rusturf Tunnel, I was blocked into an unreachable map square inside the cave.
Is this happening to anyone else?

Please fix this issue. I appreciate very much your effort in this hack.
Great work!

===== EDIT: =====
The solution Suicune gives in the post below solved the problem. Thank you for your quick reply!

Last edited:
Back