• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Fierce Remake

How do you think of our fanarts

• Final Remake >>> Excellent

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Fierce Remake >>> Very Good

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Fury Redraw >>> Good

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Fine Redraw >>> Not Bad

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Fool Redraw >>> Very Bad

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
  • btw, everyone venusaur is out

finallly all starters is out

:D

Yay! Venusaur is out!

It looks great, but now that all of the starters are available I'm going to take some time and examine them more closely.

I have noticed, maybe someone else gets the same impression as I do, but it looks to me like each group of starters (by type) are trying to portray a particular message. Venusaur, Meganium and Torterra have that look and pose as if saying "It's MY grassland, stop right there!". Blaziken, Typhlosion and Infernape's poses are slightly more direct and firm, yet at the same time less menacing, as if saying "You want me? Now you have me". Finally, all of the water starters, in particular Empoleon, have a very proud and rivalling (sp?) pose, I can hear them saying "Enjoy the view, I won't harm you... yet". I can't make something very clear out of Charizard and Sceptile's expressions.

Very well done I think. Now... to examine the Legendaries.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    The Pokemon and the character looks really interesting. So much more dramatic. Maybe dramatic is the wrong word...

KenJThomas

Pokémon RP tutorial writer.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2008
    I think over-all the re-makes are good, I have always enjoyed the idea of more feral designs.

The only thing I can think of as a critique is the shape of the head. I think several would end up with a more "boofy" and wide snout and jaw line, which would shape the head more box-like.

A question, has your group considered making revisions for pokémon that do not look fierce at all?

It would be far more challenging than the pokémon presented. It might be impossible however, I mean how dangerous could someone make a Kirlia or Psyduck look? Actually if I get the time, maby i'll try it. It would be amusing at the very least, not that I have much practice drawing pokémon. XD

While there is a poll to vote on how good the re-makes are I can't take advantage of it as I really believe some are done better than others.

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
  • Very interesting take on Pokemon! They look as if they could be the Digimon versions of themselves. I really like it a lot. :) You're a talented artist and colorer. *applauds*

BeelzemontZero

Admiral of 7 Demon Lords
    Years
  • I think over-all the re-makes are good, I have always enjoyed the idea of more feral designs.

The only thing I can think of as a critique is the shape of the head. I think several would end up with a more "boofy" and wide snout and jaw line, which would shape the head more box-like.

A question, has your group considered making revisions for pokémon that do not look fierce at all?

It would be far more challenging than the pokémon presented. It might be impossible however, I mean how dangerous could someone make a Kirlia or Psyduck look? Actually if I get the time, maby i'll try it. It would be amusing at the very least, not that I have much practice drawing pokémon. XD

While there is a poll to vote on how good the re-makes are I can't take advantage of it as I really believe some are done better than others.
    thanks a lot for the comment & about drawing the "unfierce pokemon at all"
    of course we will do all of the pokemon to be fierce, but must remember we do not draw that have unevolved ,so in your question, you ask about psyduck & kirlia, we will not draw them, but we will surely draw golduck & Gardevoir.
    of course some evolve pokemon is not fierce at all, like mew ,etc. :)

and we will agree about that you will try draw them :)

These pictures are all really good - you clearly have a lot of talent. The only thing I think is that Misty looks a bit too 'feminine' if you catch my drift.
    thanks a lot :D

btw ,the trainers pict just for fun, not too focused on it :D

Yay! Venusaur is out!

It looks great, but now that all of the starters are available I'm going to take some time and examine them more closely.

I have noticed, maybe someone else gets the same impression as I do, but it looks to me like each group of starters (by type) are trying to portray a particular message. Venusaur, Meganium and Torterra have that look and pose as if saying "It's MY grassland, stop right there!". Blaziken, Typhlosion and Infernape's poses are slightly more direct and firm, yet at the same time less menacing, as if saying "You want me? Now you have me". Finally, all of the water starters, in particular Empoleon, have a very proud and rivalling (sp?) pose, I can hear them saying "Enjoy the view, I won't harm you... yet". I can't make something very clear out of Charizard and Sceptile's expressions.

Very well done I think. Now... to examine the Legendaries.
    wow, we are very interested of your comments about how they look

thank you :)
    and we would like to see your view about the legendaries :)

btw everybody

BeelzemontZero said:
    Something will appear when the legendary birds come out together....
    Yeah, Lugia finally out
    Go capture it ! if u can :D

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • BeelzemontZero said:
    ...but must remember we do not draw that have unevolved ,so in your question, you ask about psyduck & kirlia, we will not draw them, but we will surely draw golduck & Gardevoir.
    of course some evolve pokemon is not fierce at all, like mew ,etc. :)
    Mew.... now THAT's going to be interesting to see!

That's a good point on the fact that you will draw "final evolution" Pokémon only, right? That leaves me with one question: will you draw Pokémon that were "final evolved" at some point but were given special evolutions more recently? I'm thinking a particular list:
    • Scyther, Onix (gen I Pokémon with no evo, were given evo on Gen II)
    • Togetic (gen II Pokémon was given evo on Gen III... granted I can't picture a "Fierce" Togetic)
    • Tangela, Rhydon, Magmar, Lickitung (all Gen I Pokémon with no evo, were given evos during Gen IV)

I wanted to know because except fot Togetic, most of these did actually look "Fierce" enough when they were still final evos / no evos. And in my particular view, most of the evos they did pretty much ruined the original Pokémon (*looks angrily at Scizor, Magmortar*).

BeelzemontZero said:
    wow, we are very interested of your comments about how they look

thank you :)
    and we would like to see your view about the legendaries :)

Thanks, glad to be of service. In particular because I SO MUCH like this art.

I'll try to check on the Legendaries, but will take some time. Right now I can see at first sight that Articuno is pure win. I really don't want to face it in battle. It seems that MartianOddity has it right again: the extra wings seem to go so well with Articuno. It's essentially Pure Win × 6!

Well... time to go to bed...

Back