• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Zef

zef
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    fixed my previous issue but i think i found a funny/weird glitch?

i edited brock's onix to a venusaur and gave it a venusaurite. it mega evolves, but it said 'brock's geodude' instead of venusaur, and venusaurs sprite doesnt change to mega venusaurs.

any idea why? script issue?

Last edited:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I don't know the complete script yet but the Sprite and text do work correctly if the AI mega evolve the first Pokemon immediately

Hello, I don't post here that often. I really wanna make another Rom Hack, with a 721 Pokemon in it. I don't even mind the Mega evolve that much. All I wish for is that it has most new moves, abilities and that it doesn't crash my game. I see quite some people are making these rom bases now, which is really great and I really appreciate the fact you guys make it. My knowledge doesn't go further than XSE. I don't understand anything abut ASM and making trainer class based music. I would love to imply that in my hack too.

So the actual question is; which one would be thr best to use? This one looks most appealing to me.
    I don't mind if the "real evo methods" aren't working. I can always change it to leveling or something. All I hope for is a stable rom base to make my hack.
    What is gonna be the difference between 1020 and 1460? Which one is gonna be better?

Take your time on developing it. Wish you all the best. I'm looking really forward to it :)

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
    Years
  • Hello, I don't post here that often. I really wanna make another Rom Hack, with a 721 Pokemon in it. I don't even mind the Mega evolve that much. All I wish for is that it has most new moves, abilities and that it doesn't crash my game. I see quite some people are making these rom bases now, which is really great and I really appreciate the fact you guys make it. My knowledge doesn't go further than XSE. I don't understand anything abut ASM and making trainer class based music. I would love to imply that in my hack too.

So the actual question is; which one would be thr best to use? This one looks most appealing to me.
    I don't mind if the "real evo methods" aren't working. I can always change it to leveling or something. All I hope for is a stable rom base to make my hack.
    What is gonna be the difference between 1020 and 1460? Which one is gonna be better?

Take your time on developing it. Wish you all the best. I'm looking really forward to it :)

At this stage, IMO I say that the 1460 Version is better at this point. The only difference with the 1460 and the 1020 is that the 1020 has more features than in the 1460 one. The good thing about the 1460 Version is that its merely BUGLESS, so that'd be good to point. =)

Though the effort is there, both are great rombases. =D

horcruxrocks

Pokemon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2016
    hey ..

m opening this rom on pge and than trying to use the pokemon editor but alwyz m gettng an error saying
    Unhandled exception has occured in your application ... invalid argument=value of 255 and somethingg

pls help me tell me what to do to fix it pls!

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Bug report:
    In a double wild battle, I encountered an ekans and a drowzee. I captured tthe drowzee, but it said that ekans was added to the pokedex.

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
    Years
  • For those having bugs, you should try to use the 1460 patch instead of the 1020 one. Its bugless, except that it lacks MORE features and that it lacks HABITATS.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    How can I add new pokemon using G3HS. I tried replacing the ?????? after the megas. After adding it says that there are multiple pointers detected: "You have chosen to fill the 'sprite and palette' with free space. However, I have detected that there are multiple pointers to this image outside of the one that you are using. This means that there may be multiple things using this image. Overwriting it could cause issues. Should I continue and fill it with free space?"
    What should I do? Should I just press "yes"?

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Don't use G3HS to add sprites use A-series it's way better and more efficient that way same with icons and it Dosent cause any bugs that way

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    How? I change the ini to the number of pokemons which is 1020, but it doesn't show the names of the extended pokemon. It only shows spaces and when I click the spaces it says that "Data is not LZ77 compressed." Can you give me the offsets of the tables?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    So were you considering expanding the storage boxes so it can hold more than 420 Pokemon? 14 boxes of 30 is just a little over half way in terms of the amount of Pokes it can hold for Gen 6. Is that possible to do yet?

Edit: Also, Happiny's Speed and Sp. Def stats should be swapped. It's supposed to have 15 base speed and 65 base Sp.Def just fyi

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2017
    I know this is completely off but how do i exactly get this patch working? i cant load up the game whenever i patch it

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Okay so I've been doing a playthrough of this awesome rombase but noticed some bugs. Some gamebreaking, others not. I'll try to update it as often as I can when I find a new one. This is for the 1020 patch.

Game Breaking:

- Opening National Dex causes the game to freeze. Music still plays fine though. Needs a soft reset to continue.
    - Magic Bounce can cause game breaking glitches and can cause bad eggs. (This wasn't your fault though, it's a common error with Gen 3 added abilities)

Not Game Breaking/Other:

- When using PGE, opening Venusaur, Charizard, or Blastoise (and maybe others) causes it to force close. Hoping this doesn't affect gameplay when I encounter them.
    - Some Pokemon don't have an ability. (Florges, Aegislash)
    - EXP isn't 6th gen style. (Not really a glitch, I just thought you mentioned you made it work)
    - Pokedex entries all show Ratatta's for newer Pokes. (But that's mentioned in the Original post anyways)
    - Some of the newer items descriptions are run off the boarder. (Thanks to Nuisance for reporting it)

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Okay so I've been doing a playthrough of this awesome rombase but noticed some bugs. Some gamebreaking, others not. I'll try to update it as often as I can when I find a new one. This is for the 1020 patch.

Game Breaking:

- Opening National Dex causes the game to freeze. Music still plays fine though. Needs a soft reset to continue.
    - Magic Bounce can cause game breaking glitches and can cause bad eggs. (This wasn't your fault though, it's a common error with Gen 3 added abilities)

Not Game Breaking/Other:

- When using PGE, opening Venusaur, Charizard, or Blastoise (and maybe others) causes it to force close. Hoping this doesn't affect gameplay when I encounter them.
    - Some Pokemon don't have an ability. (Florges, Aegislash)
    - EXP isn't 6th gen style. (Not really a glitch, I just thought you mentioned you made it work)
    - Pokedex entries all show Ratatta's for newer Pokes. (But that's mentioned in the Original post anyways)
    - Some of the newer items descriptions are run off the boarder. (Thanks to Nuisance for reporting it)
    Okay the national dex thing seems to happen because I used PGE to expand the pokedex instead of G3HS,Magic bounce glitch is from MRDS Base,some abilites have nothing there because there actual ability is not in the game,the exp thing is when you catch a Pokemon you get the exp, I didn't insert habitats for the expanded mons yet and the last issue is easy to fix but a bit time consuming

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Hey pokefreak can you give me the offsets of the tables for A-series?
    Bug report:
    When I use charizardY, its drought ability doesn't trigger. No sun comes out.

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    you know what im going to try to fix the national dex since the 1460 version national dex works just fine and i used PGE to expand the pokedex play around with both files and see if i can fix it

UPDATE 6/23/16

I JUST FIXED THE NATIONAL DEX FOR THE 1020 VERSION HAHAHAHAHAHAHA now ehat everyone is saying arent bugs its just either simple fixes or stuff that isnt in the game so i did nothing so NOW 1020 HAS NO BUGS HAHAHA I WILL RELEASE AN UPDATE FOR IT VERY SOON SO LOOK FORWARD TO IT

Edit yet again: BETA 1.1 OF THE 1020 ROMBASE HAS BEEN RELEASED

Last edited:
    Back