• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
Years
  • you know what im going to try to fix the national dex since the 1460 version national dex works just fine and i used PGE to expand the pokedex play around with both files and see if i can fix it

UPDATE 6/23/16

I JUST FIXED THE NATIONAL DEX FOR THE 1020 VERSION HAHAHAHAHAHAHA now ehat everyone is saying arent bugs its just either simple fixes or stuff that isnt in the game so i did nothing so NOW 1020 HAS NO BUGS HAHAHA I WILL RELEASE AN UPDATE FOR IT VERY SOON SO LOOK FORWARD TO IT

Edit yet again: BETA 1.1 OF THE 1020 ROMBASE HAS BEEN RELEASED

OH MY GOSH REALLY?! I am so happy!!! BTW, does the 1.1 version have the changed BATTLE BOXES? Then if it does not can you give me the offset of its image?

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Can u test it and see if the EXP box for fire red works for this patch I didn't try or patch it yet

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Hey pokefreak can you give me the offsets of the tables for A-series?
    Bug report:
    When I use charizardY, its drought ability doesn't trigger. No sun comes out.
    There are two INIs when you download the 1.1 version of the 1020 patch which is what I recommend you download because it has all features and no bugs except habitats anyway those two INIs have all the offsets you need and I'll recheck Charizard Y if it has drought or not

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I know that I was wondering if u can download the fire red exp box patch and see if it's compatabile

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Good to hear you managed to fix the base for 1020. Is there a patch I can apply to the base that I've edited to have all 721 pokemon in the wild? Or do I need to start the base over and insert them again? It took me about three days to insert the 721 Pokes so I'd kinda like to not have to start over...

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    You should be good I just copied and pasted on the same table I didn't add anything or take away from anything so you should be good but tell me if something happens

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    You should be good I just copied and pasted on the same table I didn't add anything or take away from anything so you should be good but tell me if something happens
    Unfortunately, it does screw the game up. I didn't think we were supposed to patch over another patch... What did you do to fix it? I could just do it myself too. :)

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    By chance is it possible to add the ability Contrary
    It is possible to add contrary but right now I only see one for Emerald and not for fire red so we have to wait till someone on the ability resource thread makes it work with fire red

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    There are two INIs when you download the 1.1 version of the 1020 patch which is what I recommend you download because it has all features and no bugs except habitats anyway those two INIs have all the offsets you need and I'll recheck Charizard Y if it has drought or not

Thanks! It has the drought ability, but it doesn't work in battle.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Thanks! It has the drought ability, but it doesn't work in battle.
    Try mega evolving it switching it and then bring it back and see if drought works if so then I guess the turn before you mega evolve counts as a first turn for abilites and as a result the check for drought is nullified for that turn till you switch in and back

Years
  • So the ini files with the updated patch for the 1020 one a-map only?

Also what would I edit in the files for the hopeless trainer editor to get that working so I can tweak the trainers?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Try mega evolving it switching it and then bring it back and see if drought works if so then I guess the turn before you mega evolve counts as a first turn for abilites and as a result the check for drought is nullified for that turn till you switch in and back

Yes I forgot to mention that that works. What I mean is that it should provide sunlight already after its mega evolution like in xy. Nevermind, not that kind of a big deal though.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • I have found what I believe to be a big problem for some users Pokefreak890.

You see, your patch takes up 0xA00000. While this is typically fine, especially for a vanilla ROM, those users whom are accustomed to ASM will find that JPANs Save Block Recycle patch will possibly break this ROM by using it.
    The Save block recycle is extremely useful for anyone wanting to add great ASM code. I personally need it for Jambo51's Flag extension code.

With that said, I've decided to create a patch for the community for this specific rombase. It relocated the save block patch to a free offset. I personally used 0xEF8000.

I implore you pokefreak890 to leave 0xEF8000 to 0xEFBFFF alone. This is a good area for custom ASM code, and in my link, I created an extra patch that will add interesting features, such as Jambo51's code mentioned above. It uses that full range, and people whom read the README will know what it comes with.

This is the link to the patch: [link removed]
    Enjoy everyone, and happy hacking!

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I have found what I believe to be a big problem for some users Pokefreak890.

You see, your patch takes up 0xA00000. While this is typically fine, especially for a vanilla ROM, those users whom are accustomed to ASM will find that JPANs Save Block Recycle patch will possibly break this ROM by using it.
    The Save block recycle is extremely useful for anyone wanting to add great ASM code. I personally need it for Jambo51's Flag extension code.

With that said, I've decided to create a patch for the community for this specific rombase. It relocated the save block patch to a free offset. I personally used 0xEF8000.

I implore you pokefreak890 to leave 0xEF8000 to 0xEFBFFF alone. This is a good area for custom ASM code, and in my link, I created an extra patch that will add interesting features, such as Jambo51's code mentioned above. It uses that full range, and people whom read the README will know what it comes with.

This is the link to the patch: https://mega.nz/#!rM9zyQbL!LrKsb44JeqeXkO6qUWOB2dAubYgB2ijdVoSjxejUczg
    Enjoy everyone, and happy hacking!
    The save block recycle? Is that the same as the JPANS hacked engine? And also is there a way to apply JPANS hacked engine without losing the sprites that are already on each map

Years
  • how modify/add new mega evolutions in M3gh?
    I dont view any evolution for this in rom(Othes roms use the last 3 evolutions 'Primal, Mega -move, Mega-Stone ' and to return use same whith the item 0x00)

A lithe bug, whem use Mega evolution in random battle 1/30 show "Bad egg's mega evolution" after this the batle run

Awsome work, thank you for this great base *-*.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • The save block recycle? Is that the same as the JPANS hacked engine? And also is there a way to apply JPANS hacked engine without losing the sprites that are already on each map
    No my friend. The save block recycle hack is a hack that extends the amount of new things you can save to the saved file. He found that there was roughly 4kb of free space in the file that was saved and edited it so that players could add more items.
    This save block hack can be useful for quite a few things. A few to name is a flag extension hack, which allows for 4000+ new flags. The berry system also made by JPAN, and heavily improved by FBI, which allows one to have a berry system in Fire red. There are quite a few more things that can use this save area.
    As for the question about JPANs engine. I assume you mean when one applies his cleaning patch and then the hack. It might be possible, but you would have to reinsert every sprite into a new area. For instance, he clears all scripts, but you can simply reuse most of them by pointing them to a new offset.

Back