• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Wait so tell me what you are doing right now and also for the A-series INI make sure to look at the INI I just gave you and find the name and the offset that the A-series INI needs and replace the old offset with the new one and to get the new offsets are in the spoilers so all you need to do is find and copy and paste for that

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
So, I just checked Bulbasaur's moveset. I think there's a bug with the TMs and HMs.
Or is it supposed to be like that?

Attachments

• Bulbasaur TMHM Moveset Bug.PNG
    Bulbasaur TMHM Moveset Bug.PNG
    39.1 KB · Views: 20

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Yeah that's supposed to happen i will fix that sometime when I get back on my computer and also are u able to scroll down pass chimecho into volcanoion and the megas

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Wait so tell me what you are doing right now and also for the A-series INI make sure to look at the INI I just gave you and find the name and the offset that the A-series INI needs and replace the old offset with the new one and to get the new offsets are in the spoilers so all you need to do is find and copy and paste for that

So replace Cuprite.ini
Spoiler:

with the [0001]?
Spoiler:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023

Spoiler:

Yeah that's good and yes go into the 0001 and find the ones in the spoilers and replace them with the new offsets (the new offsets are the ones in 0001)

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Yeah that's good and yes go into the 0001 and find the ones in the spoilers and replace them with the new offsets (the new offsets are the ones in 0001)

I assume that "shinypalettetable" and "BackPaletteTable" are the same offset? And where is the "SpeciesNames" offset located in [0001]? I can't seem to find it. Or do I just keep those the same?
Also, when I add Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales, do I click the boxes for the TMs/HMs they're supposed to be able to learn?
(I mean, I know there aren't any HMs they're supposed to learn, since they're from Sun/Moon (Mainly Sun) which has no HMs, but assuming they did have HMs.)
And with sprite adding, do I just put a sprite sheet like Versekr Dark's Alolan Vulpix sprite on the Gen VII GBA Sprite Repository (May or may not use this. Depends on if I get permission to or not) into the slot on G3HS (Or APSE, once I save the changes to Cuprite.ini)?

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
The species names is the Pokémon names offset in 0001 and also yes you need to use sprite sheet in A-series I prefer this program to add sprites and also i don't think u need to put any HMs but just incase look up on bulbapedia what that Pokémon can learn

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
The species names is the Pokémon names offset in 0001 and also yes you need to use sprite sheet in A-series I prefer this program to add sprites and also i don't think u need to put any HMs but just incase look up on bulbapedia what that Pokémon can learn

If I use Versekr Dark's Alolan Vulpix (And edit the shiny to be an actual shiny, not just the same sprite), the editor should look like this, right?

Attachments

• AddingAlolanVulpix.PNG
    AddingAlolanVulpix.PNG
    17.2 KB · Views: 25

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
You click on write to rom and you need to give it a offset now sure if the offset part is before or after though

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
I've noticed a strange bug (At least I believe it's a bug) with older Pokemons' evolutions while trying to add the functionality of Vulpix-A evolving into Ninetales-A. Their evolutions would either be wrong or non-existent. The most bizarre one is that Riolu evolves into Wailord at level 40.
(You calling Riolu fat? XD)
Please don't tell me I'm gonna have to fix each evolution one by one...

Attachments

• g3hsevolution4.PNG
    g3hsevolution4.PNG
    17.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
I've noticed a strange bug (At least I believe it's a bug) with older Pokemons' evolutions while trying to add the functionality of Vulpix-A evolving into Ninetales-A. Their evolutions would either be wrong or non-existent. The most bizarre one is that Riolu evolves into Wailord at level 40.
(You calling Riolu fat? XD)
Please don't tell me I'm gonna have to fix each evolution one by one...
(When are you gonna be online again?!)

It's because of your previous issue (your error) when you fixed it up, all evolutions have messed up, it happened to me too, now I never forget to backup my work, since you'll have to rearrange everything by yourself

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
It's because of your previous issue (your error) when you fixed it up, all evolutions have messed up, it happened to me too, now I never forget to backup my work, since you'll have to rearrange everything by yourself

(Hey, a response from someone!)
Welp, time to get to work!
I assume it's the same with TMs/HMs?

Also, I tried using AdvanceMap with this rombase (Can't find an actual download for MEH) and it refused to open the rom. Please tell me there's a map editor that's compatible with this.

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
does it throw an error

Yep.
Then I have to go into the Task Manager and kill the task because another error pops up when I click the "X" to close it and it just goes back and forth between these two error notifications.

Attachments

• AMerror.PNG
    AMerror.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 10
  • AMerror2.PNG
    AMerror2.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 10

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Yep.
Then I have to go into the Task Manager and kill the task because another error pops up when I click the "X" to close it and it just goes back and forth between these two error notifications.
well, what's at 0x3f1e60 in a hex editor? does it throw a different address each time?
change it back to whatever is in vanilla fire red ~

Back