• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
It's because of your previous issue (your error) when you fixed it up, all evolutions have messed up, it happened to me too, now I never forget to backup my work, since you'll have to rearrange everything by yourself

I just realized. The current evolutions were spread across every Pokemon (Like Butterfree having Wartortle's evolution and Riolu having Wailmer's evolution). I'm hoping they didn't spread to the unused slots (The ones labeled ???????). If they did, it'll take me FOREVER to get rid of their evolutions to make sure they don't count towards the total in the national dex.
It's already taken a whole day to fix the Gen 1 Pokemon (Including new evolutions).
Not to mention that I'm getting off of a break from school very soon. And to top it all off, I have to balance progress on this hack with playing Pokemon Moon.
This is gonna take a while.

Last edited:

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
I just realized. The current evolutions were spread across every Pokemon (Like Butterfree having Wartortle's evolution and Riolu having Wailmer's evolution). I'm hoping they didn't spread to the unused slots (The ones labeled ???????). If they did, it'll take me FOREVER to get rid of their evolutions to make sure they don't count towards the total in the national dex.
It's already taken a whole day to fix the Gen 1 Pokemon (Including new evolutions).
Not to mention that I'm getting off of a break from school very soon. And to top it all off, I have to balance progress on this hack with playing Pokemon Moon.
This is gonna take a while.

If I can give an advice restart from scratch if you haven't done anything special or difficult, because everything is messed up, I did this, and now, I have a backup lol....

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
If I can give an advice restart from scratch if you haven't done anything special or difficult, because everything is messed up, I did this, and now, I have a backup lol....

It was like that when I patched the rom.
I've fixed the Gen 1 evolutions (Plus the Gen 2 starters) and added Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales with their Level-Up movesets.
I've also fixed the in-battle sprite positions of the Pokemon (Back sprites floating, enemy altitudes, etc.)
Is that enough to justify not restarting?
Edit: Hey, there weren't that many. It was just a few of the empty slots. Strangely, the ones that had random (Not random because they've been in National Dex order) evolutions all had Gen 5 evolutions. Strange.

Last edited:

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
It was like that when I patched the rom.
I've fixed the Gen 1 evolutions (Plus the Gen 2 starters) and added Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales with their Level-Up movesets.
I've also fixed the in-battle sprite positions of the Pokemon (Back sprites floating, enemy altitudes, etc.)
Is that enough to justify not restarting?
Edit: Hey, there weren't that many. It was just a few of the empty slots. Strangely, the ones that had random (Not random because they've been in National Dex order) evolutions all had Gen 5 evolutions. Strange.

really strange

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I'm pretty sure even though the evolutions are like that they actually work normally so bulbasaur would evolve into ivysaur for example even though G3HS says otherwise

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
I'm pretty sure even though the evolutions are like that they actually work normally so bulbasaur would evolve into ivysaur for example even though G3HS says otherwise

I guess I'll test that with Treecko. I haven't edited any Gen 3 Pokemon yet, so if it works, I'm gonna save myself the time it takes to fix all 721.
I honestly hope you're right.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
Guys, i tried ti insert some 7th gen Pokémon in this rom with 3ghs, but at a certain poijt I have an error with it, it was an error about loaded moves
Another question, After I insert a sprite, I Need to repoint it to free space, how Can i "find" this free space?

EDIT: With advanced pokemon sprites i can see only pokemons up to chimecho

Last edited:

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Guys, i tried ti insert some 7th gen Pokémon in this rom with 3ghs, but at a certain poijt I have an error with it, it was an error about loaded moves
Another question, After I insert a sprite, I Need to repoint it to free space, how Can i "find" this free space?

EDIT: With advanced pokemon sprites i can see only pokemons up to chimecho

Pokefreak890 and I have been talking about that. Go back a few pages in the comments (Or whatever they're called) and you'll see what you need to know.
(Mostly, anyway.)
:D

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
Pokefreak890 and I have been talking about that. Go back a few pages in the comments (Or whatever they're called) and you'll see what you need to know.
(Mostly, anyway.)
:D

Thank you man! another question, i have a problem wirh Evolution, how to resolve it?

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Thank you man! another question, i have a problem with Evolution, how to resolve it?

Could you be a bit more specific? Screenshots would help too. Also, are you using G3HS? If not, I can't really help you out there. If you are, try to test the evolutions as you would in the actual games. So for example, if it says Ivysaur has no evolution, try it out in the rom first (If you can find a map editor that works 100% with this. A-Map 1.95 does open it, but it will only show up to Chimecho. Still trying to figure that one out), then, if it doesn't evolve, go into G3HS and.....I hate to say this..... go through and the fix evolutions yourself.
Some of the things I've said just now may be completely wrong. Just keep that in mind.
I can only help so much. I'm pretty new to rom hacking myself, so I only really know stuff that's been said in this thread, tutorials, and threads I've started in the Help-Me-Hack forum.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
Could you be a bit more specific? Screenshots would help too. Also, are you using G3HS? If not, I can't really help you out there. If you are, try to test the evolutions as you would in the actual games. So for example, if it says Ivysaur has no evolution, try it out in the rom first (If you can find a map editor that works 100% with this. A-Map 1.95 does open it, but it will only show up to Chimecho. Still trying to figure that one out), then, if it doesn't evolve, go into G3HS and.....I hate to say this..... go through and the fix evolutions yourself.
Some of the things I've said just now may be completely wrong. Just keep that in mind.
I can only help so much. I'm pretty new to rom hacking myself, so I only really know stuff that's been said in this thread, tutorials, and threads I've started in the Help-Me-Hack forum.

I have this problem

I7yiQQ9.png

But in the game all seems normally, for A-map I have a 721 version, so no problem

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Then you don't need to fix any of the evolutions it's just the tool the evolutions work fine

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
Another question..in 1020 base other evolution kind (for example male evolution)doesn't work

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Then you don't need to fix any of the evolutions it's just the tool the evolutions work fine

I just got the same problem, and yeah, tthe evolutions are working fine, but by me, the mega evolution have a problem, it says that every pokemon is reacting to a Lemonade instead of the mega stone... And how does groudon evolve ? cause I can't evolve it right now...

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Something I've been meaning to ask.
I've already fixed G3HS's evolutions from Gen 1 and 2. Would they still work properly?

Chillax I'm very busy and I'm not always on pokecommunity anyway the answer to your question is yes it should work as long as it's the correct evolutions you turned them into

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I just got the same problem, and yeah, tthe evolutions are working fine, but by me, the mega evolution have a problem, it says that every pokemon is reacting to a Lemonade instead of the mega stone... And how does groudon evolve ? cause I can't evolve it right now...

That's interesting can u open up G3T(gen3tools) and show me the stats of the Megas and the original mons that transform into those Megas and primal reversion and wish have not been implemented yet so that's why there's no primal Groudon or a primal kyogre or a mega rayquaza

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
That's interesting can u open up G3T(gen3tools) and show me the stats of the Megas and the original mons that transform into those Megas and primal reversion and wish have not been implemented yet so that's why there's no primal Groudon or a primal kyogre or a mega rayquaza

Stats are clean :o

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 29, 2021
Hey. Im New in this Forum. I want to play this hack. I have found nothing about how i can play this hack. Do i must DL the Fire red 721 and patch whit UPS file or what ? Or can i DL the final patched Version anywhere ? Pls little help :) thx

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Hey. Im New in this Forum. I want to play this hack. I have found nothing about how i can play this hack. Do i must DL the Fire red 721 and patch whit UPS file or what ? Or can i DL the final patched Version anywhere ? Pls little help :) thx

I mean, if you just patch it and then play it, it'll just be normal Firered.
This is just a resource for people making rom hacks who want to have all Pokemon (At least from Gen 1-6) and a ton of extra slots for new Pokemon and/or new forms of Pokemon in their hack.
Anyway, I don't remember whether the patch file was UPS or IPS, but you've pretty much got it.

Also, I notice you said "Do i must DL the Fire red 721..." This is Firered 1020/1460, not Firered 721 (Unless you just typed the wrong thing by mistake).

Last edited:
Back