• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Salintra League Master Jason

Salintra League Champion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
I have another problem now. What i the offset you have for the type icons? I tried using NSE, but the offset it searched for resulted in a pure orange square.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I wouldn't know you need to ask MRDS about that

Salintra League Champion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
I found it, but it wasn't in the location he said it was in his text document. It was a bit off. I'd give the offset, but I don't have access to where I recorded it at the moment. I'm on the wrong partition of my computer at the moment.

Salintra League Champion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
I solved that problem, but I'd like to know something I can't seem to find anywhere. Since I'm using an expanded (32 MB) ROM, how do I point to offsets after 0xFFFFFF? There's so much free space in that area, but it's such a tease as I don't know how to create a pointer to that area of the code.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Okay for that what you need to do say your offset is 1000000 what you need to do is reverse it to

00 00 00 09 the reason I didn't put 08 is because u put 09 when you're at the bottom half and 08 on the top half of the 32 MB

Salintra League Champion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
Oh. Okay. Thanks.

EDIT: Now I have another problem. I used G3HS to expand the number of evolutions per mon after expanding the type count by four, but it deleted all the evolution methods for every Poke. In trying to restore the evolution methods, I got an error loop, and now, every time I try to load up the rom in G3HS, I get an error, try to use your parameters you told me to enter (but using 28 instead of 24 for the number of types), and then I get another error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Secret-Tool\build\mainWIN\out00-PYZ.pyz\wx._core", line 16767, in <lambda>
File "<string>" in reload_all_tabs
File "<string>" in LoadHexEditor
File "E:\Secret-Tool\build\mainWIN\out00-PYZ.pyz\lib.HexEditor.hexeditor", line 1039, in LoadFile
File "E:\Secret-Tool\build\mainWIN\out00-PYZ.pyz\lib.HexEditor.hexeditor", line 987 in SetBinaryFile
MemoryError

I then enter the parameters again, only to get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Secret-Tool\build\mainWIN\out00-PYZ.pyz\wx._core", line 16767, in <lambda>
File "<string>", line 439, in reload_all_tabs
File "<string>", line 478, in LoadHexEditor
File "E:\Secret-Tool\build\mainWIN\out00-PYZ.pyz\lib.HexEditor.hexeditor", line 1039, in LoadFile
File "E:\Secret-Tool\build\mainWIN\out00-PYZ.pyz\lib.HexEditor.hexeditor", line 989 in SetBinaryFile
File "E:\Secret-Tool\build\mainWIN\out00-PYZ.pyz\lib.HexEditor.hexeditor", line 980 in SetBinary
File "E:\Secret-Tool\build\mainWIN\out00-PYZ.pyz\lib.HexEditor.hexeditor", line 335 in _init_
File "E:\Secret-Tool\build\mainWIN\out00-PYZ.pyz\ctypes", line 66, in create_string_buffer
MemoryError

And the cycle repeats. What can I do to salvage this? I have a backup of the modified rombase, but It's been a while since I last backed it up, meaning I'll lose quite a few added Pokemon. What do I do?

EDIT 2: I managed to fix that problem, amazingly on my own, but now I have another problem. All the extra evolution methods you added vanished, so i can no longer assign them. What do I do?

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
5/6/2106 UPDATE

the second version of my base is almost completed only 48 cries left to do and also to add the other features i left out if possible in it as well so yeah look forward to that and im using the higher quality cries and yeah its wasting alot more Free space but its not like anyone ever uses the full 32MB capacity anyway and when the cries are done it wont even be close to taking 70% of space so thats a thing

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Only the cries are on the bottom half not the actual sprites

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Update 5/6/2016

All the cries are done and I added upgraded sturdy and protean so the only features left that I need to do are mega evolution BW2 repel system and evolution methods even though all the routines are in the rom but not the expanded evolution methods table so I'm wondering if anyone knows about Ollie11 patch and how to get it to work on my base that would be helpful

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
Bw repel can be easily added by using hex editor (Joexv)
Anyways looking forward to your hack with mega envolution and others<though

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
5/7/2016

added the BW2 repel system apparentley i keep forgetting there were three more offset to edit bytes so thats why it wasnt working anyway if anyone knows how to move the mega evolution code step by step can u teach me because ive been trying and its not working for me at least maybe im doing something wrong

Years
Can't wait for this to be finished.

Sorry for the hassle but do you know how to fix the advance map problem I was having before, with only TEMP being shown instead of Pokemon names?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Hey! You planning on adding in features like gaining exp when catching a Pokemon?
And, on that note, maybe some new Pokeballs? I mean, I know that is a lot to ask and I'd learn to do it myself even, just curious about exactly which of the new features are being added in. Items I can understand. What about new evolution stones? New berries? Oh man now that I think about it there are a lot of features the newer games have brought to the engine.

Like Day/Night cycles, I don't know how those would work unless they did what DS emulators do and just change the time to your computer's clock, in which case I would always be playing at night. Seasons are kinda pointless too.

Obviously the new type is in. What about expanded TMs? And will TMs disappear?

Thank you for your patience and for any answers you can give! Good luck! This project is turning out amazing!

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
If u read the op you would see the features I added in one of them was X&Y exp gain

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Yeah I did see that, I thought that was referring to the B/W exp gain, my bad!
Further, may I ask how it is going? Is there much left to do? You are moving quite quickly!
And if you've run into any standstills I will do my best to assist.
Oh, also, What style cries have you been putting in? X/Y I assume?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
for the 1460 version of my base its all X&Y cries but in the 1020 base the sinnoh mons have sinnoh cries unova mons have the unova cries and kalos mons have kalos cries

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
5/7/16

thanks to pokemew in my 1020 version of my base mega evolution has been inserted now i have to insert the sprites,icons,positions,mega orbs etc that is associated with them and then mega evolution is completed

also guys just know this the evolution patch actually worked meaning that eevee was able to evolve into sylveon using fairy type moves so yeah be prepared for that as well then all thats really left is habitats

Reactions: Zef
Back