• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
As soon as it's all done what will happen is u need to find the mega bracelet somewhere and then get a mega stone and just mega evolve it

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
okay i feel like at this point i should update the post regarding both version of this base

to begin with the 1460 base will have the mega evolution code inserted but because of my lack of motivation i wont be adding in the items and the the G3T stuff related to it if you guys want to finsh it and then PM me the link so i can put the download link for you guys to download it then that will be how that works and also you have to explain me the configurations and also the default keystone is at 0x34 so its going to be the mega braclet for default (no sprites icons or cries will be added by me either sorry about that)

and also now regarding my second version of the base it has a bug where sometimes when u catch a pokemon the game freezes and also when u go the national mode of the pokedex it crashes the game as well so i dont know if i should continue it or cancel it

so yeah if anyone wants to do all the mega stuff for the 1460 base then please PM me the details and i will confirm that you have my permission to do it so yeah and have a good day :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
What a shame. Hopefully this can all get sorted out, it is so sad when these projects come so close and then die, as they often do.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Dude what are you saying this base isn't dead and I'm still working on it I already inserted all th mega sprites and stuff now I just need to insert the items and the stats stuff as well as cries and then mega evolution is done

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Oh sorry, I guess I just misunderstood. You've pumped out a highly advanced ROMbase extremely quickly!

But, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the ingame Pokedex can't show more than 999 entries. Is that true?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
That's true it can't show any more then 999 pokedex entries until one day Dosent or someone else figures out how to expand that limit but even then we won't need it now

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Right, of course currently all we have is 721 Pokemon. Even the NEXT generation is odd-numbered, so we can speculate to add around 150 new Pokemon, bringing us up to around 931. And, by the 8th Generation, I am sure someone will have expanded the code well into functional bounds again.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
5/11/2016
mini update alright so i have currently added in all the items and all the sprite related stuff for the megas and stats have been done so far for only the Gen 1 megas im currently doing Gen 2 at the moment

and oh yeah one question i know how to get mega evolution to work and everything but how do i get groudon and kyogres primal reversion and rayquaza wish evolution to work because when i put in all the values that it shows me on the mega evolution thread and i test it no icon appears or bascially nothing happens so if anyone knows the answer to this question that would be great

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
5/12/16 Update

so i finshed doing the configurations for all the megas except for the following because i dont know how to get them to work
-Kyogre
-Groudon
-Rayquaza

and also i need to do cries for all the megas and then megas are completely finshed

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Glad you like it and also I'm trying to insert forms now and getting it to work the only problem I'm having is the deoyxs script

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Okay so how would something like Basculin or Gastrodon work? And would it even be possible to get a working Meowstic?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I know how to get meowstic to work that's the male and female evolution code on the evolution thread if you're espurr is a male and it evolves it's a boy meowstic but if it's a girl espurr it's a girl meowstic
And I don't know about gastrodon or basculin

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
Years
Okay, So I'm NOT new here, but still feels like it...=)
I just want to congratulate you on your success! It's turning out amazing! Just reading all about it makes me wanna drool, like, GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!! Good luck on your "journey". =)

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
i seemed to have found a bug in my base but it didnt occur till this happened and honestly its not really that big of a deal but it may be to you guys so please tell me what u guys think of this

so after i inserted the mega stones and i was playing around with mega evolution i just felt like lving up some mons so i wanted to rare candy but when i did use the rare even though my pidgey is at lv 4 it says "It wont have any effect" and this never happened till i added in the mega stones so im wondering why this happened and what do u guys think is it a big deal or not? and also if any of you know how to fix this issue please tell me that would be great

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
Years
That is simple, just download LSA's complete item editor. It's a very handy tool, you may create as much mega stones as you want easily. Open your rom, then click on the rare candy. Then click on USAGE, then set the FIELD EFFECT to RARE CANDY. Then click on MORE USAGE, then click on LEVEL-UP. Save the changes and its fixed. =)

Sorry if there are no screenies, I just don't know how to put them in...XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Thanks for doing this amazing base rom!
Right now I'm using it in a Fire Red v2 (same as Fire Red with a lot of things better, like you'll be able to catch the 721 pokes or go to Hoenn).

Anyways, I have some questions:

- Will reapplying a new patch (if released) break the rom I'm actually using?
- Are Special ATK and DEF working like Gen III or Gen IV-VI?
- Is it possible to expand Storage Boxes? There's only 14 and there's 1460 pokemons so...

Thank you!

Also, I found 2 bugs:
- Fennekin is misspelled as "FennEken"
- Probopass pokedex entry is "broken" because the text is all in one line.

Back