• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Firestorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackbeginnerdylan

Speakachu!
    Years
    Ok, as you can tell from my title the hack i am creating is "Pokemon Firestorm"But there are a few things i need help with.

-First is a title screen and someone to tell me how to add it.... xD
    Something with a typhlosion would be great if anyone could help with that.

-Help with changing the Pre-chosen names (Boy and Girls)

I haven't got much so far as i have only recently just started but i will get there soon enough. Any help on those 2 MAIN subjects would be greatly apreciated and your names will be added to the credits (Naturally).

EDIT: Whoops and how to change main character sprites. Thanks again.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    Well, there's a great tutorial explaining how to change the titlescreen in the "Documents and Tutorials" section. I'm pretty sure you can search the pre-chosen names in Advance Text and change them. (I'm not positive though. I've never tried.)

Main character sprites... For the overworlds, Overworld Editer Rebirth Edition is a great one. In zel's tutorials he explains how to change backsprites and the big sprite after the select gender screen. Then, for the ones on the Trainer Card, I'd use unLZ.gba. That'd be your best bet. Hope I've helped!

Hackbeginnerdylan

Speakachu!
    Years
    Well, there's a great tutorial explaining how to change the titlescreen in the "Documents and Tutorials" section. I'm pretty sure you can search the pre-chosen names in Advance Text and change them. (I'm not positive though. I've never tried.)

Main character sprites... For the overworlds, Overworld Editer Rebirth Edition is a great one. In zel's tutorials he explains how to change backsprites and the big sprite after the select gender screen. Then, for the ones on the Trainer Card, I'd use unLZ.gba. That'd be your best bet. Hope I've helped!
    Wow, yeah you really did. Thanks alot!

Ok guys. I am in need of some people.

These people. I don't want them to be advanced. This hack will be for sort-of-beginners as in people who know basic scripting commands and would like to put there scripting knowledge to the test. Same goes for title makers - sprite editors and whatever other sort-of-beginners that would like put there newly gained knowledge to the test.

If you would like to be a part of this project either post here or give me a shout through PM's.

BASIC REQUIREMENTS (Lol)
    - Basic knowledge of hacking (No advanced as this is a beginners hack project)
    - A clean ruby rom
    - Tools for your area of "beginnertise" (I can help with that).

I look forward to working with you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    That last post really doesn't belong here. Try going to the Team Discussion forum and post in the Non Inc. Help Recruitment thread. Oh, and double posting's against the rules. Y'know what would help? Reading them!

The Rules

Also, read the rules for each little section too. That way, you won't post stuff in places that it doesn't belong in.

As for your actual post, I really don't think "basic knowledge of hacking" is going to make your hack any good. You want people who know what they're doing already. Someone who has practiced and can actually make a working script without screwing it up badly. Good hacks need good people working on them.

Hackbeginnerdylan

Speakachu!
    Years
    Whatever

As a matter of fact smart ass i just added this to the post because it was already here.

I have read the rules and you do not need to be a stuck up little prick about it. You should try showing some respect to others,yes? Otherwise you will get nowhere. And this hack is not meant to be good, it is meant for begginers to try and put what they have learned to the test. You know you can't get better if there is nothing to work on right?

I do not see "Moderator/Admin" in your name so you should keep quiet.

If this gets moved then so be it.

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
    well....i can't agree w/ you hackbeginerdylan.... Deokishisu has been here a long time much longer than you and me as well.... he was trying to give construcive critism...

as for your hack... it looks like a beginer is trying to make a beginer hack for other beginers...

mst noobies just try to mke their own, they wouldnt think to join another hack that appears to have no real progress made...

u might be able to use advance text to change the names...but that's window dressing for a hack at best... work where it counts first, maps and scripts then branch out to there....

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    As a matter of fact smart ass i just added this to the post because it was already here.

I have read the rules and you do not need to be a stuck up little prick about it. You should try showing some respect to others,yes? Otherwise you will get nowhere. And this hack is not meant to be good, it is meant for begginers to try and put what they have learned to the test. You know you can't get better if there is nothing to work on right?

I do not see "Moderator/Admin" in your name so you should keep quiet.

If this gets moved then so be it.

I don't think that you are in the best position to be saying this and further reinforce Antwhan's remark. Deokishisu helped you and has been polite throughout this thread. You have not returned that complement, thus I would suggest you humbly back down. I can also see you live with things handed to you on a platter, because you have obviously done no research and looked for yourself in the toolbox, tutorials section or searched on google to find what you want. Please, don't stoop any lower.

Hackbeginnerdylan

Speakachu!
    Years
    lol

I couldn't care less how long he/she has been here. Just a bit of respect is in order.
    As for the toolbox so on, yes i wasn't looking when i had first made this post, obviously i have now. And who the hell are you to assume that everything is handed to me on a platter? Dumbass noob. If you don't like this thread then get lost i ain't stopping any of you.

Antwhan

Years
    respect is earned my friend. You need to show it to earn it and i wouldnt call someone who actually knows what they're talking about a noob when you yourself are one...

even though i have yet to produce a beta or much updates at all to my hack (alliance) I dont call others noobs when clearly the only mean to help me and obiviously have experience in these areas...

clean up your act and give us something worthwhile to look at or at least ideas for your hack so that you can try and gain some form of respect and attention which seems to be what you're craving XD...wait no no XD for you *takes back smilies* you need to earn those too now because of your whining

Hackbeginnerdylan

Speakachu!
    Years

respect is earned my friend. You need to show it to earn it and i wouldnt call someone who actually knows what they're talking about a noob when you yourself are one...

even though i have yet to produce a beta or much updates at all to my hack (alliance) I dont call others noobs when clearly the only mean to help me and obiviously have experience in these areas...

clean up your act and give us something worthwhile to look at or at least ideas for your hack so that you can try and gain some form of respect and attention which seems to be what you're craving XD...wait no no XD for you *takes back smilies* you need to earn those too now because of your whining

That before hand my friend was not helpful, and i am not saying full respect just enough not to be an ass... I'm the whiner, ey? You seem to be doing more of it then me. Practice what you preach buddy.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    I couldn't care less how long he/she has been here. Just a bit of respect is in order.
    As for the toolbox so on, yes i wasn't looking when i had first made this post, obviously i have now. And who the hell are you to assume that everything is handed to me on a platter? Dumbass noob. If you don't like this thread then get lost i ain't stopping any of you.

And do you think that with your reactions that you have just displayed you command any respect? And please don't bore me with your 'Noob' talk. Being new to a place does not influence how good, likeable, intelligent well rounded a person is.
    Also, this is your topic. You should really be on top form in here of all places. And if you are going to throw your weight around, do it by PM. And with that I will now leave.

Antwhan

Years
    whiner? wow.....harsh..... yea right...dont go round judging people like u've been here for months and in reality only days....

sorry if you're immune to people trying to give you constructive criticism and being helpful...and now i'm gonna mkae liek a banana and split cause this thread is going straight down unless some hack related talk starts up

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Alright everyone, you're all spamming right now. If you saw that the "new" guy started insulting people you should have reported his posts, replying to his posts is against the rules, too.

Also, Hackbeginner, you insulted Deokishisu just because he wanted to help you. You said you read the rules, but most of your posts are spam.

Also, this thread shouldn't be here, you're just asking for help for small things to start hacking, and that would belong in ROM Hacking, where it wouldn't even be approved. Next time, if you want to know how to do some things, try the "Simple Questions" thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back