• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] pokemon follow me impossible?

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    I've done extensive research on this and can't seem to find any answers anywhere.... Basically I'm tryin to find out if it's even possible to make a pokemon follow you like in pokemon yellow where pikachu follows.... I really loved that feature and I want to incorporate it into my rom hack. Please let me know if this is at all possible whether it's a sprite hack or script or what...
    Thanks
    Waffa

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    So basically it is impossible? I mean, how could it be In pokemon yellow then? We can't just copy the script of pikachu in that rom and apply similar scripting in newer roms? Maybe a dumb question but is strictly out of curiosity ....

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Another dumb question... What's ASM? I'm new to hacking and I have plenty more "dumb" questions to ask lol
    Thanks for the reply
    Waffa

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    So basically it is impossible? I mean, how could it be In pokemon yellow then? We can't just copy the script of pikachu in that rom and apply similar scripting in newer roms? Maybe a dumb question but is strictly out of curiosity ....

well, it isn't impossible, but it's not as simple as just 'copy and pasting'. it's impossible for people who don't have asm knowledge (like me and you) but not for an asm hacker.

Maybe one of you ASM hackers out there could shed some light on this?

Kenny1

On a break from Rom hacking, to improve other skil
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    It is possible, just not an easy task, it would definitely require an extensive knowledge of ASM, and a lot of research.

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • It has been researched before and the people who have looked into it have come pretty close to it but it will take some time to before we can actually get a Follow me

TheRabbit

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    It's not developed yet, but very close. There's a thread for it in Research and Development. Shiny Quagsire looks to be the guy who will finally figure it out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    It's not developed yet, but very close. There's a thread for it in Research and Development. Shiny Quagsire looks to be the guy who will finally figure it out.

What!!!! That is amazing!!!!!! So when he develops it , it will be simple to insert? Like is he making it user friendly? LoL
    Thanks guys
    Waffa

Kenny1

On a break from Rom hacking, to improve other skil
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    He will probably make it user friendly.
    Just so you know, you made me want to attempt this now, so who knows, maybe I can make a demo like thing sometime, might not be pretty. ;-;

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Another dumb question... What's ASM? I'm new to hacking and I have plenty more "dumb" questions to ask lol
    Thanks for the reply
    Waffa

ASM, or assembly language, is the machine code used by the GBA; basically, everything that happens in the game is ASM. You can manually edit it or compile C code to assembly.

And yeah, Shiny's working on it.

Back