• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Pokemon FR Start Menu Hack?

tayyab43

The Don
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2021
    I've been looking around for a way to be able to change the Start Menu and the Pokemon Menu in Fire Red but have had no luck so far. I assume the menu will have a number on unLZ GBA but I'll be honest I hate that program so much, so I avoid using it wherever possible. So does anyone know how it is possible?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    The graphical look of the start menu? It's the same as the yes/no message box. It's at 08470D6C and the pal is at 0847190C I think.

If you wanted to edit the contents of the start menu you'll have to get your hands slightly dirty. I've done some documentation/few hacks on it in the ASM resource thread and a little in the HM expedition I had a couple years ago. Someone was nice enough to post a patch which edits the start menu too if you'd like to check that out.

tayyab43

The Don
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2021
    I appreciate the replies, yh it looks like i'm gonna have to get down and dirty with some hex editing and ASM, i was more thinking of changing the colour and also the very look of it, make it look like the ds titles, also now that I think about it it would be good to edit the pokemon menu too. Any ideas?

tayyab43

The Don
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2021
    I was also wondering if it would be possible to change the colour and graphics of the hp bar and where it displays the pokemon lvl and name.

Back