• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon frustration

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    What does it take to upset you (whether only mildly or at a more extreme level) when you're playing any one of the Pokemon games?

For me, the Pokemon RPGs are pretty low-frustration games because they're pretty easy to progress through and it's difficult to be stuck for too long no matter how young or inexperienced you are, unless you just give up. I do, however, find myself cursing a little when a battle just isn't going my way, when a bad stroke of luck happens (missing, getting a status affliction, etc.), or when I make a stupid mistake. As for multiplayer or other spin-offs - not sure I can speak on that.

How about you guys? Do you get angry at video games easily, and what do you usually do if you are - do you yell at the screen or are your displays of frustration more physical/damaging? What do you think of the whole concept of getting mad at a game - is it stupid or is it justifiable? This includes Wifi and all other related phenomena, like disconnecting during a battle and such.

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    When I play PMD2 and I'm stuck in a dungeon for, like, ever, that's when I start to get frustrated. Also, when I'm catching a legendary and it keeps breaking free of the expensive ultra balls I chuck at it, or if it uses Struggle and loses that last hit point that I spent ages chiseling down, that's when I want to SCREAM.
    At this point I really don't care whether or not it's worth getting worked up about it, because I already am, so I just keep on going with the game until I come out victorious.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    I basically yell f*ck you, or you f*cking r-tard at my Pokemon when they faint from a ridiculous KO or if they keep on hurting themselves/kill themself from confusion?

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    I don't get frustrated when ridiculous things happen.
    Like in Emerald when I found a Legit Shiny Lotad.
    In the first few minutes of the game.
    When I didn't have any Pokeballs.
    When that happened, I simply laughed.
    And cried.
    But mostly cried. ^_^
    Kidding.
    Kind of.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I cried out of frustration when trying to catch a chimecho at mt pyre in ruby version. Ah, good times, I was such a n00b back then xD. Usually I only get p*ssed when my pogeymonz get confused now days.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2008
    I save before anything that has a high risk of me losing and legendaries but I still get a little mad and groan.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I get frustrated only when it says my game save file is corrupted or even worse deleted

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I never get pissed at any game. I lost my profile (with two golden guns) on Call of Duty 4, but I'm fine with that, "**** happens" as they say. It's just a shame I lost the actual guns and attachments themselves, I'm not too bothered about them being gold. :/

On Pokemon though, I'd be a bit bothered if I lost my savegame when I'd almost completed it, but I'd likely give it another shot — just as I am doing on CoD4.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    Also, when I'm catching a legendary and it keeps breaking free of the expensive ultra balls I chuck at it, or if it uses Struggle and loses that last hit point that I spent ages chiseling down, that's when I want to SCREAM.

Ah yes. I forgot about the whole "Awww! It was so close too!" thing. That can be a point of groaning/swearing as well. XD

Blue Sapphire

Fire-type Lover
    Years
    Just a while ago when I first played Emerald. I was like "if the starter isn't female I'll reset it," and then my Torchic was female! When I reached the first gym I saved it because I got to have a dental check-up. When I turned it on, the damned hell, the SAVE FILE WAS DELETED! My poor female COMBUSKEN is gone! I feel like throwing the DS and cursing a lot.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    I used to get pissed soooo much when I was trying to beat the Elite 4 in the Red Version, and mon would say, "UR DONE! GO TO SLEEP!" Yeah... the good ol' 90's, but I don't get pissed when I play Diamond now...

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
    1. In PMD2 when the idiot behind me uses Quick Attack on a Pokemon with the Pressure ability and I'm down to my last two PP on Dig. Especially when I neglected to bring Max Elixirs.
    2. The mindreading trainers in Battle Frontier
    3. Abuse of Protect and Detect

Al.Long

Just too cool to care :)
    Years
    When it takes hours on end to EV train a pokemon because the damn pokemon you're looking for won't appear
    honestly, how hard is it to find a bidoof?
    answer: when ur looking very hard to find one, VERY!

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    Mmmm, you know when you've been in a battle for about half an hour trying to catch a rare or such Pokemon, and you've used up twenty Pokeballs and you're on your last one? I may be in exaggeration, but I think you know what I mean.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I get completely disgusted when my Pokemon are underleveled and unable to compete with the Gym leaders/E4, thus requiring me to do a load of training.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
    when your facing the champion with 3 of your best pokemon at full health and your out of revives and she gets 3 critical hits in a row. T_T

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    Well not really. Only thing is I get annoyed when my Pokemon is put to sleep or paralyzed. Especially if my opponent has a SPECIAL ATTACK CALLED "SPLASH".

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    When my save file deletes itself, and when I'm stuck trying to level up my LV 10-14 Pokemon on LV 3's. Which I've been doing for several days now on LeafGreen.

Back