• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Game Idea ~^^~

Misty_Ketchum

Pokemon Master's Wife
    Years
    Hey y'all, MK here ~^^~ So I have this Pokemon game idea ^^;

1.) So, you get to choose what kind of trainer you want to be: A professor, breeder, gym leader, kimono girl, psychic, or whatever you'd want to be ~^^~ So you get to choose your occupation.

2.) The way you get Pokemon is you have to buy the cards. They could have some sort of printing code on them or something, and then you'd just put in that printing code into your game and there ya go ~^^~

3.) You can trade Pokemon with people just like you do in other games, and it'd be kinda like trading cards then too in a way =)

4.) I really like the idea in Yellow, HeartGold, and SoulSilver that you can have your Pokemon out of its pokeball (like Ash's Pikachu and my Togepi).

What do all of you think?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Moved your thread over into Pokémon General. Game discussions that occur in Video Games are about all other games excluding Pokémon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I do like the idea of choosing your trainer class when you start, and it's also good to have HG/SS' walking feature put back in. However, I'm very iffy about getting Pokemon as real-life cards that you swipe in. It makes sense to me that those cards contain rare/event-exclusive Pokemon, only available during a limited time.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I like the idea of a picking a trainer class, and maybe that could affect what kinds of pokemon appear in the wild and what your starter is. However the whole cards thing seems quite stupid to me. I wouldn't buy that game specifically because of the whole buying cards thing.

Years
    I like the idea of a choose your own adventure type game. I'm not sure I like the idea of real-life cards. That's Yu-Gi-Oh, not pokemon. If you're talking about the TCG, then maybe but even then, the TCG isn't about pokemon coming to life.

I still want to see a game where you can catch all pokemon in a single version without trading or special events, etc. I also like to see more interaction between trainer and pokemon as well as a choice of whether to battle trainers. It is quite annoying and unrealistic to be forced into a trainer battle if you're pokemon are sick and low on HP and unable to run away just because a trainer sees you.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2011
    It seems like a good concept but would 1) be hard to implement and 2)They did kind of that (besides the choose a job thing) in The TGC gameboy games.

Misty_Ketchum

Pokemon Master's Wife
    Years
    Okay, I agree with all the Pokemon appearing in one game, and I'd also like the idea of having all of the regions in one game, and you get to choose which region and city you're from ~^^~

For an example: I'd pick the Kanto region and be from Cerulean City.

Also, instead of choosing between three starter Pokemon, why not be able to "catch" your first Pokemon? I was playing Sapphire a couple days ago (just for the heck of it) and with the character "Wally," you help him catch a Pokemon. So it'd be like, you get a special Pokeball called something like the "Starter Ball" or something. Then when you come across a Pokemon (the Pokemon can't be an evolved Pokemon and has to be somewhere from the area you're from, it also can't be a legendary Pokemon too. So let's say I wanted to have Goldeen as my starter or something? I'd look for a Goldeen and once I found it, throw the Starter Ball and it'd catch it ~^^~ Of course, you can only have one Starter Ball too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    They really need to have a Pokemon game where you're an adult or a late-teenage trainer (you know, like someone who is 18, 19 or in his 20s) instead of a child. And along with being an adult character, the game should have a T-rating; nothing wrong with a game with some mature themes and some mild profanity in the dialogues with other people. Although there shouldn't be too much that would make the game jump to an M-rating.

Years
    They really need to have a Pokemon game where you're an adult or a late-teenage trainer (you know, like someone who is 18, 19 or in his 20s) instead of a child. And along with being an adult character, the game should have a T-rating; nothing wrong with a game with some mature themes and some mild profanity in the dialogues with other people. Although there shouldn't be too much that would make the game jump to an M-rating.

That looks like a interesting idea. There are plenty of adult trainers in the games and the anime so why not have yourself as an adult too.

I think I remember Brock saying, I can't remember where exactly, that it is rarer for an adult to know more about pokemon than kids or something, which is totally wrong.

What's the difference between T and M ratings? I see those ratings on FanFiction but don't know what they mean. I do like the idea of having a slightly mature theme as you say or with a darker storyline with references to death, etc.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I like the idea of a choose your own trainer class (I'd probably be a Picnicker or Parasol Lady, lol) but I'm not so keen on the whole card-based system...

Being an older trainer would be cool too, with a more intense storyline. As long as they don't need a visit from the fashion police, lol

What's the difference between T and M ratings? I see those ratings on FanFiction but don't know what they mean. I do like the idea of having a slightly mature theme as you say or with a darker storyline with references to death, etc.
    In this case, T and M are part of a US video game rating system. T is "Teen" which contain moderate violence, limited amounts of blood, and perhaps some veiled/implied sexual content, as well as drug/alcohol/tobacco use.

M is "Mature" which can mean large amounts of blood and gore, very graphic violence including dismemberment, and more obvious sexual content, among other
    "Not Safe For Work" content.

Misty_Ketchum

Pokemon Master's Wife
    Years
    Ooooooo, I like the more older-audience theme too. I saw this fan-made movie live action Pokemon trailer that gives a darker side to it. Maybe something sorta like this in a Pokemon game?

EDIT: (Tried putting a url in here but I haven't made 15 posts yet, but once I have made enough posts I will put it up here)

That gives a more darker and even sort of realistic side. It's like illegal dog/rooster(it bleeped the word)-fighting. There's blood and stuff. Maybe even a little romance in the game too. Like maybe your rival in the game turns out to be a lover ;) Lol XD

If you want to look up the video before I have enough posts to post the url, look up on YouTube: Pokemon Apokelypse Movie Trailer.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Hey y'all, MK here ~^^~ So I have this Pokemon game idea ^^;

1.) So, you get to choose what kind of trainer you want to be: A professor, breeder, gym leader, kimono girl, psychic, or whatever you'd want to be ~^^~ So you get to choose your occupation.

2.) The way you get Pokemon is you have to buy the cards. They could have some sort of printing code on them or something, and then you'd just put in that printing code into your game and there ya go ~^^~

3.) You can trade Pokemon with people just like you do in other games, and it'd be kinda like trading cards then too in a way =)

4.) I really like the idea in Yellow, HeartGold, and SoulSilver that you can have your Pokemon out of its pokeball (like Ash's Pikachu and my Togepi).

What do all of you think?

#1. I also think like that right before the BW got announced.

#2. Huh!? Getting Cards to get Pokemon!!? Nah, I'm not agree. But fair enough.

#3. Hm...Kinda make sense.

#4. Hell yeah! I absolutely agree with this one.

Back