• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Garnet

Allow Silver to Chose between the Starter he steals, or just Totodile?

• Just Totodile.

Votes: 249 29.3%
  • Allow him to chose.

Votes: 602 70.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
awesome idea i always wanted to be silver. please dont stop working on this one, its definitely a keeper :D

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
wow made some serious progress on the rivals

good work

-bloop-

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Alright 2 new...news.

1: I'll be back on the HotW eligibilty list next week so vote for me :D.

2: Me and Sleepwalker have thought out completely of a new system Garnet will have called, Camp Out.

Camp out will allow the player to set down a tent on parts of routes. In some of the routes/caves/mountains I chose, there will be little dirt spots which will activate if you press A on it. For example.

This spot looks good, would you like to camp out?
[Yes/No Box]
A tent will then appear infront of the player.
Then the Player will walk into the tent.
Inside the tent there will be a P.C. for accessing your Pokemon, as well as a sleeping bag where if you sleep in it, will heal your Pokemon full health.
After you're done with the tent, if you walk on the script infront of the door, you will be asked if you want to leave.
[Yes/No box]
Then you leave and the tent dissapears so you can set it up again somewhere else.

I have this script pretty much figured out, but if you guys have any suggestions, let me know :D.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
With the Pokemon Centre tiles it ignores the rule of indoor mapping shadows, the left most and the top most lines of floor tiles should be darker than the rest, whilst the tiles you have used show them as being lighter.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Alright 2 new...news.

1: I'll be back on the HotW eligibilty list next week so vote for me :D.

2: Me and Sleepwalker have thought out completely of a new system Garnet will have called, Camp Out.

Camp out will allow the player to set down a tent on parts of routes. In some of the routes/caves/mountains I chose, there will be little dirt spots which will activate if you press A on it. For example.

This spot looks good, would you like to camp out?
[Yes/No Box]
A tent will then appear infront of the player.
Then the Player will walk into the tent.
Inside the tent there will be a P.C. for accessing your Pokemon, as well as a sleeping bag where if you sleep in it, will heal your Pokemon full health.
After you're done with the tent, if you walk on the script infront of the door, you will be asked if you want to leave.
[Yes/No box]
Then you leave and the tent dissapears so you can set it up again somewhere else.

I have this script pretty much figured out, but if you guys have any suggestions, let me know :D.

Whoa I like that idea!! This way I can't die of poison before I get back to town. LOL (I hate when that sort of thing happens. hehehe...)

Jesus of Suburbia

I Wrote Holden Caulfield
Years
I like, have to help with this cuz I'm the ultimate Silver lover, I voted that he should pick his pokemon because its a game and alot of people didn't like it in yellow so they probably won't like it here either. I can do anything with spriting you ask me to and can use most every hacking tool for pokemon as long as it does not include scripting. Silver rocks goodbye

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Lol I guess you could help, *cough*even though IM the biggest Silver fan*cough*, by maybe spriting some of the RPG sprites for the traienrs people made in the first post. Just make the ones that I have made the battle sprites for 'cuz the other ones aren't finished.

Sleepwalker

Some Kind Of Monster
Years
Originally Posted by Minchan
Whoa I like that idea!! This way I can't die of poison before I get back to town. LOL (I hate when that sort of thing happens. hehehe...)

I would recommend you travel with some Antidotes....

The question I have for the hack:
Why is there an R behind Silver in the first post's first picture? He may be Giovanni's son, but he's not a Rocket.

p.s.
two 'ultimate/biggest Silver fans' in one place won't work... just saying...

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
I would recommend you travel with some Antidotes....

The question I have for the hack:
Why is there an R behind Silver in the first post's first picture? He may be Giovanni's son, but he's not a Rocket.

p.s.
two 'ultimate/biggest Silver fans' in one place won't work... just saying...

Well you see, Silver is trying to find out where he came from throughout the game, as well as getting revenge on the Mask of Ice, and he has to make a decision later on if because he's Giovanni's son, he should be Team Rocket's new leader.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Well some of the ones on the first page have battle sprites, so only make rpg sprites for those ones, because if the other ones don't have battle sprites, you won't know what they look like, so do everyone with a battle sprite except for; Cal,Min, and Jamie.

(I liike Silver more)

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
I can help by being a mapper! (Your current mapper kind of sucks, no offense).

Plus, I can give you like 5 dollars for hack expenses.

I don't believe you're in any position to criticize my mapper, AKA Me and Sleepwalker. :|

Y'know, if you're going to criticize it's probably better if you do it constructively.

And if you want to be a mapper just ask, but don't be a dick about it.

Sleepwalker

Some Kind Of Monster
Years
I don't believe you're in any position to criticize my mapper, AKA Me and Sleepwalker. :|

Y'know, if you're going to criticize it's probably better if you do it constructively.

And if you want to be a mapper just ask, but don't be a dick about it.

Xatoku is completely right. Just because your a System of a Down fan, doesn't give you the right to be like that.

Revenga

Cannibal
Years
Xatoku: I meant no offense toward you. It's that other guy I'm not happy about. Now, I have no interest in joining Team Garnet.

Sleepwalker: Don't go dissing S.O.A.D. It'll bite you in the ass later!

As always:
There's nothing wrong with me,
there's something wrong with you,
there's something wrong with me,
I hope your stepson doesn't eat the fish,
when we're crying for our next fix.
(This cocaine makes me feel like I'm on this song!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back