• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Pokemon GBA Rom Hacking Problems

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2022
    Ok so about 8 months ago I started to work on my first Pokemon Rom hack and I used an original Emerald rom to start and went on from there. I started small by changing the wild pokemon and trainers, but then I got into more difficult things such as changing sprites and editing pokemon stats. Everything was going fine until one day I used a program called unLZ I believe to change trainer sprites(since Nameless Sprite Editor doesn't support emerald for trainer sprites.) So I changed a few sprites and it looked bad so I changed the sprites to some random place holder sprites, then I took a break and when I re-opened unLZ, I couldn't find any of the place holder sprites and here's an example of what I'm talking about (Original emerald rom compared to my rom hack)(Check the images that show unLZ with the different roms for more details about this problem) And the sprites come out looking like the placeholder sprites I used. (see the other image to know what I'm saying)

ANYONE PLEASE HELP I WANT TO FIX THIS BEFORE I RELEASE THE ROM TO THE PUBLIC!!!

Attachments

• Pokemon GBA Rom Hacking Problems
      OG ROM PIC.png
      15.6 KB · Views: 18
      MY HACK PIC.png
      21 KB · Views: 13
      Screenshot_2016-11-14-17-44-59.png
      71.6 KB · Views: 14
    Years
    Welcome to the community! Unfortunately I am not the best at these questions, so I would post them in our ROM hacking section on the boards, which you can find here on the main page! Good luck in your search, but I think you'll find most people will want to help you if you ask nice enough!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    well, first of all, you need to export the image to edited in paint. Later you edit it with the color of the image, no other colours. then when you need to save it, you need to be carefull. don't put "automatic fix pointers" and do not deselect "autoabort if data is to big". the others 2 deselected too. and also, maybe you need to learn some of code of pokemon, because replace an image i'ts make the game to crash some times. If you learn some code, it's better to add things and then delete the others. It is hard at first, but then is more easy and the results are better.

Back