• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon General Poll # 17 - Confusing Pokemon Anatomy?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years

# 17 - Confusing Pokemon Anatomy?

Is there a pokemon you can think of that you just get confused by the anatomy, or the artwork of it? If you could, how would you fix that? (or would you?)

Like for example, I couldn't understand why Sudowoodo was a rock type, yet it have its "branches with leaves". Also, I used to think that Cradily's actual eyes was its teeth; probably something I probably wouldn't fix, but, it was just...weird the first time I saw a Cradily, when I was still just a kid.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014

You see those two lines on Beheeyem's head? Those lines between the Y-shaped pattern. I always thought they were his eyes o3o.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years

I am still not sure where his eyes are. I originally thought they were the red things, then changed my mind to the side eyes but now I am thinking the red things again. Me so confused

Same with his evolution

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I was confused about where Cradily's eyes were:

Until I saw Cradily in the anime, I thought Cradily's eyes were the yellow patterns.

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen yesterday
    I was always confused about bonsly being a rock-type I thaught it was grass-type.

Shea Man

I'm not sure if I should post this, but it's relevant, do...

Sudowoodo's "Branches" are spherical because they're stone. Add in the fact that his name is Pseudo-Wood-O, and there's the explanation. This is better explained by Bonsly, a "Bonsai", a tiny, fake tree often made from clay, rock, or plastic.

Cradily's eyes are in the black crevice of its mouth - the glowing.

Anorith's eyes are on a stalk, near the front of its body. They have no eyelids. Armaldo's eyes are more connected, and at the top.

Simipour

Geyser Pokemon
    Years

# 17 - Confusing Pokemon Anatomy?

Also, I used to think that Cradily's actual eyes was its teeth; probably something I probably wouldn't fix, but, it was just...weird the first time I saw a Cradily, when I was still just a kid.
    I thought this too, in the early day of Ruby and Sapphire (actually, a lot of people did). It wasn't until it debuted in the anime I realized otherwise.
    And my brother insisted Diglett's nose was a mouth with a tooth and that Chansey's mouth was a nose.

But I bet you all thought Wobuffet's tail was his body, didn't you? Well guess what, his tail is his body is his tail.

Shea Man

If you have trouble telling what a certain Pokemon's anatomy is, ask me.

Gen I-IV, I know practically everything about everything. If Gen V, show me a picture, I can figure it out. I'm good like that.

Chatot Lover

happy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013

I used to think that this was Gardevoir's opened mouth. The white thing above that is the nose and it stares to the left and not to the right. No wonder I thought Gardevoir looked weird xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

At first I couldn't find its face at all; I still can't figure out if the thing below his eyes is a mouth, mustache, or something entirely different.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I've got no problems with most of the Pokemon's anatomy. After a while, I didn't care if they looked weird or ugly. I just love them! <3

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Is that officially confirmed? It would be quite interesting if that was actually what was intended.
    Yeah, the thing about Wobbuffet is intended, it's pretty cool. Also, if you summoned a Wobbuffet in SSBB, you'll see that it flails around like a boxing ball when hit, so it's really just an inflated thing to protect the 'tail'.

Like others, I also thought that Cradily's eyes were the patterns, and that the yellow dots were his teeth. I like him much better though now I know that those are actually the eyes. Also with Metapod, I never know, which side is his face.

1. In this case, the pointy thing is his nose, and he looks slightly mad, profiled.
    2. In this case, the pointy thing is actually his arm, and he looks a little sad or lazy, and leans forward, towards the viewer.

Honestly, I have NO idea, which one it is. I've always thought that it was point 1., but in the episode were Ash battles a Metapod vs. Metapod, you clearly see that point 2. is faced forward. I also think it's point 2., but it has never really been clear to me.

Edit -

This is exactly what I mean. I did find a pic from a certain episode, where Metapod is facing forwards, as the first option.

I'm just really confused lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013

This thing shouldn't even be alive, it has forty less teeth than a polar bear should. Give him a means to eat, christ.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The placement of Cradily's eyes confused me too. And I didn't see that Cryogonal even had eyes and a mouth until I looked at the official Sugimori art... I completely overlooked them when I first looked at its sprite.

Shea Man

Yeah, the thing about Wobbuffet is intended, it's pretty cool. Also, if you summoned a Wobbuffet in SSBB, you'll see that it flails around like a boxing ball when hit, so it's really just an inflated thing to protect the 'tail'.

Like others, I also thought that Cradily's eyes were the patterns, and that the yellow dots were his teeth. I like him much better though now I know that those are actually the eyes. Also with Metapod, I never know, which side is his face.

1. In this case, the pointy thing is his nose, and he looks slightly mad, profiled.
    2. In this case, the pointy thing is actually his arm, and he looks a little sad or lazy, and leans forward, towards the viewer.

Honestly, I have NO idea, which one it is. I've always thought that it was point 1., but in the episode were Ash battles a Metapod vs. Metapod, you clearly see that point 2. is faced forward. I also think it's point 2., but it has never really been clear to me.

Edit -

This is exactly what I mean. I did find a pic from a certain episode, where Metapod is facing forwards, as the first option.

I'm just really confused lol.

I've I'm also having that problem. From the 1st perspective, he's buzzing like a bee, but from the second, I get a Slakoth vibe.

Never figured out Metapod's front.

CLUE: Watch Ash's Caterpie evolve in the anime; Caterpie's front before is Metapod's front afterwards.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020

I used to think that this was Gardevoir's opened mouth. The white thing above that is the nose and it stares to the left and not to the right. No wonder I thought Gardevoir looked weird xD
    You mean like THIS? >
    LOL I editted it a little so it would be easier to see and I added another eye for the same reason.

Chatot Lover

happy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    You mean like THIS? >
    LOL I editted it a little so it would be easier to see and I added another eye for the same reason.

Yes, EXACTLY! xD
    I don't know how you can mistake its face like that, but I thought for years that this was the way it actually looked like xD

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years

wow never looked at it that way.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Which side is the front of this pokemon?

Last edited:
    Back