• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon General Poll # 17 - Confusing Pokemon Anatomy?

Chatot Lover

happy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013

Found this just for you.
    Haha, you don't know how much I had to laugh just now xD
    This is awesome!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    ...That Gardevoir thing boggles my mind XD;

Anyways,

Is there a pokemon you can think of that you just get confused by the anatomy, or the artwork of it? If you could, how would you fix that? (or would you?)

Besides ones already mentioned (the Anorith/Lileep families, the one that most comes to mind is Yamask. I had thought that the pointy part was the rest of its head...until the anime showed that it was just its nose. Since then I don't find it as cute as I did before ;;

Another Pokemon that comes to mind is Azurill. I can't count the number of times I thought it was part Water. It doesn't help that it evolves into pure Water types either, or that it learned Bubble. Why Nintendo ever made it Normal, I'll never understand.

I can't think of any others, other than ones that I'd rather not mention on here...

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    I never knew that Azurill was normal type until just now. I guess I never bothered to raise one. I guess we all learn a little something every day...

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Except for those already mentioned, I'm probably the only one who originally thought that kyogre's red-linear fins were ears (the backsprite confused me even more). I'm just not used to seeing this kind of fin in a fish-type pokemon. (stupid 13 year old me)

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2014
    Diglett Nose Mouth

I just found out that the "pink nose" on Diglett is actually a mouth, the white spec on him is actually a tooth.

If you look at the "spec" you'll notice that it fits as a mouth.

He looks cuter without a nose, I prefer the mouth and tooth thing.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Can't unsee. o___O

If only there wasn't a shadow underneath, then it would be possibly one of the cutest Pokémon ever!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    OMG. -checks the Dugtrio I'm raising on FR- I think it applies there too. Diglett is cute knowing that, but Dugtrio looks like derpy hillbillies. lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Amusing observation, but, 'actually'? No — look at other official artwork, such as this, and the original TCG picture. It's a protuberance.
    That said, I can't necessarily see it as a nose either.

Guest123_x1

Just searched the web for whether it's a mouth or nose after first seeing this, and it appears many people have been asking (and debating) whether it's a nose or mouth.
    It's clearly a nose, considering the shadow underneath, and the white spot is a reflection of light. (I always thought it as a nose from the moment I first saw Diglett.) Its mouth is hidden under the nose.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    yea its definitely a nose.
    or that tooth wouldve had to been darker. and why 1 tooth off to the side? not in the middle? its the reflection of the light

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I guess not a whole lot of people remember the Diglett episode in the first season.

It's always been a nose to me without any second thoughts. I can recall how Diglett moves in Pokemon Stadium. What I think is a nose, wiggled a lot sooo.... I'll just use this as a confirmation. Also, search for "Diglett Flying" on Youtube. :>

whaaaaaat? it's cute.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    Yeah its a nose not a mouth lol, I'd prefer it to be the nose anyway, if it was a mouth, it would look weird to me in my opinion.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The pink thing on Diglett is clearly a nose. If it had a mouth, then it's not visible; it's probably hidden underneath its fur.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Oh my God, I always just assumed it was a nose but now that I look at it it does work both ways! That's some clever designing there.

Back