• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Glass Version

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2010
    Introduction:
    Hi, my name is tooltra. I've been a member of Pokecommunity for some time now. I've learned how to use tools and some intermediate scripting. I've started a few hacks, but none of them ever got very far. Since I learned to script, I've decided to give it another shot.

Hack Name:
    Pokemon Glass Version

Hack of:
    Pokemon Fire Red

Story:
    In the beginning(Where oak is asking your name and everything), your boss accuses you of stealing from the company funds and fires you. He claims he has a witness(Rival). Therefore, you get fired. You decide to adopt a Pokemon to help you find a job. While looking for a job, you start hanging around with the Disciples. You start doing illegal things to earn money. After a while the law catches up with you and sends you to jail. They decide to release you on one condition: you have to take down all the executives of the Disciples. Along the way you earn extra money on the side battling and beating gym leaders.

Features:
    - New story.
    - 8 starters to choose from.
    - New gang. "The
    Disciples"
    - All pokemon obtainable.
    - Changed evolutions of some pokemon. (ex: Kadabra, Onix, Machoke)

Screenies:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    - Myself for everything
    -
    Cirnos Servant for ROM Base
    - kyledove for tiles

Userbars:
    None yet

Betas:
    Not yet

Last edited:

omik_20101

can't snap out of confusion
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    looks like a nice one.
    i wonder when's the beta gotta be release?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Your storyline seems intriguing, I like some of your ideas. However, having every sentence in a spoiler isn't a convenient thing...

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    arent there a bit too many starter choices? :P

Years
  • Not a bad start. The story has promise. I like that you give the player a reason to go on an 'adventure' that isn't in the I-want-to-be-a-pokemon-master! vein. It's a bit short at the moment though and lacking in some specifics (what kind of illegal stuff do you get into, for instance).

And you don't need to put the hack name, intro, and such into spoilers. Save those for screen shots and large blocks of text.

Good luck to you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2010
    arent there a bit too many starter choices? :P

I don't think so. Since all Pokemon are obtainable, I thought it would be nice to give the player a choice on how they want to start the game other than just the usual three starters. Also I tried to make it like how it would be if Pokemon were real. Do you really thing an adoption agency would have only three Pokemon?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • I think choosing the starter is okay since they all have only two forms (expect poliwag, I think you should change it to something else) and are equal to each other.
    Also the original starters are always way too good :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2010
    I think choosing the starter is okay since they all have only two forms (expect poliwag, I think you should change it to something else) and are equal to each other.
    Also the original starters are always way too good :D

Seedot and spheal both have 3 forms

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Good luck with you game. =). I cant wait till it is ready. =) id love to help but i have not the first clue on how to make a game.

Back