• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon GO: Beta Available in Japan!

Kimochiru

Keep it quirky!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    Recently, after so many months of being left in the dark, there has been amazing news about this anticipated game!!
    The BETA test for Pokemon GO is available to people in Japan (or use a proxy c;). Though beta is only available to Japan at the moment, testing will be available to other countries eventually. However, the beta is a lottery/raffle-based system through Gmail, so even if you do register on the website, there isn't a guarantee you'll be a beta tester.

This YouTube video provides content on the website, other news, as well as a link on how to access the raffle for beta testing!

That said, is anyone going to try their luck to become a Pokemon GO beta tester?

Last edited:

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
    Years
    Pokemon GO Beta in Japan? THis is Smash Bros all over again!!!

*Flies to Japan*

Edit: No footage? I guess I could understand why.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    If they do look for beta testers in the US, I don't know for sure if I'll try or not. It sounds like there's no real harm in it, so sure, I'll probably throw my hat into the ring. Of course, I don't know how much I'd even end up playing the game (hard to get a sense of how practical it is to play in public at this point, especially if it distracts you from other relevant things, like traffic).

I wonder how well Pokemon GO will catch on. It's a cool concept, and it doesn't require a game system the way most other Pokemon products do, so perhaps it will drive old fans back to the series. That being said, I still think of Pokemon as a more private past time, and I still don't tend to publicize how into it I am, so I don't know if a public phone app will catch on for me or not (and if other people will be excited about it).

Back