• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Go tip for catching those Gen 2

Years
    I have been playing gen 2 since it's release on Friday. I initially found it hard to capture the new Pokemon with a normal throw then I tried the spin throw and Wow it worked remarkably well, mostly first time captures. So guys when capturing those gen 2, bring out the spin throw!

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    You figured out what everyone who seriously plays the game already knows, because it is in so many tutorials and guides: Curveballs increase catch rate.

On a completely different note, water is wet and bears really do poop in the woods.

Normally i am very patient with beginners, everyone has to start learning somehow and a forum is a good way to do it. But you are making youtube videos about pokemon go, and people watching your videos (which you also promoted on this forum) will assume that you know about the game. Beginners will assume that you know more than them. They will assume that when you put yourself out there, and make videos, that you did at least read the basic guides about catch mechanics.

Its like when someone writes a non-fiction book about topic X, people assume that the author at least did some basic research about topic X.

Not the case here. You start many threads, you produce videos on youtube, you promote your videos here, and you never read the guides for beginners, you want us to inform you in the comments on your threads and videos, to spoon-feed you the information bit by bit that you could get from investing half an evening to read some guides.

Do you really think you are qualified to give other beginners "Pokemon tips, hints and secrets" without being willing to read the most basic guides yourself?

Do you think you can build a youtube channel about pokemon go when the fact that you are level 22 indicates that you are not really into the game, that you are not playing it much at all?

I am not really into rock climbing, i am not doing it much at all, the last time i did rock climbing is quite a while ago actually. I am also not willing to read some basic guides about rock climbing. I guess that makes me uniquely qualified to start a youtube channel about rock climbing.

Years
    I never claimed to be an expert, Nor do I want to be. I play the game most days too and from work. I just noticed that with gen 2 the normal throw for me barely worked but as soon as I did the spin throw it worked first time. I think your comments are fair, but Im Still going to produce videos as I've had some really lovely feedback from some bigger YouTube channels. It's fun to play Pokemon Go and it's awesome to catch the new gen 2 Pokemon. I'm sorry to disappoint you but you don't have to watch my videos or read my posts!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    I find that with monsters that are "close", like Pidgeys, spin throws do not work well for me. I have much better luck with a straight throw resulting in a "Great!".

Years
    I find that with monsters that are "close", like Pidgeys, spin throws do not work well for me. I have much better luck with a straight throw resulting in a "Great!".

I think your right, there is some variance with the throwing technique. However, niantic have introduced more XP for better throwing. So at least you get rewarded for getting better at the game!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Give the girl some slack, will ya? She's only trying to help.

Anyways.

One thing I did notice about the game is that Pokemon move from corner to corner (depending with the Pokemon's type), which makes curveballs tricky to throw at. You just have to time it right when you have the Pokemon right when you want it.

I cannot for the life of me get better at curveballs. They just happen to me on my end lmao

Back