• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon going a bit mushy

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Okay, nothing from previous episodes even matters. And what about the movies? Remember in Johto where they had to save Lugia? Wow, what's that Pokemon! Wait a second, you already saw it in a movie! I refuse to watch the anime anymore, just from the disregard of previous things. Yes, they meet up with old Pokemon/Characters. BIG WHOOP!

Deadly Arbok

Team Rocket's executive agent
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    Why is it that here there are quite threads every month saying that everything after Johto sucks, but if you even thought about making a thread like that on bmgf you like...die? Makes ya think...

Uh...how is the "Im going to catch it, hold it against its will, and force it to battle for my own personal gain" any different from any other series...or the games?
    Ash is a friendly guy (haven't noticed? XD) so of course he'd want to make Starly feel welcome quickly. Ash has always wanted to be friends with his Pokemon, that is definatly no different from back then o.O

THANK YOU!!!! I lurked on here quite a bit and I always hear WAA WAAA, ORIGINAL SERIES RULZ, NEW ONE SUCKSORZ!!!! it's like. Seriously, grow up and move on.

I agree with everyone here, I stopped watching it after the first few Johto ones because they were so similar

Do you even watch Diamond and Pearl. Because right now, you're pretty much wrong in saying everything is the exact same. Johto messed up big time, that's why you're complaining about repetiveness.

Remember in Johto where they had to save Lugia? Wow, what's that Pokemon!

Didb you even watch that episode? Otherwise, you'd know that they correlated the Lugia with the one they saw in the second movies.

You people need to grow up and stop complaining. Or at least give intelligent reasons instead of just conformin.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Heh I'm glad people agree. Not that I don't like this place, it's friendlier than the other Pokemon anime forums, I think, but it compensates it for intelligence, I reckon.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    the first season was good. and I liked hoenn. but D/P is the worst

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I hate the show now. I dont watch it anymore. I would watch the old ones though. Now its just like, " Hey there is a buneary! Im going to catch it, hold it against its will, and force it to battle for my own personal gain calling it my 'friend'!" And one thing that was REALLY stupid was in a DP episode, Ash catches a starly and then IMEDIATLY after catching it he lets it out and then it acts like they are best friends! What is with that?!

It's ALWAYS been like that, ever since Ash caught his first Caterpie. Where have you been?

Serebii
    intelligent members

I chuckled here, I'll admit.

For example, at the SPPf Misty club, they banned Weedlemchairybug but at our Misty club, the members praise him and agree with him.

What'd this guy do that made him so hated?

The Johto Journeys was definitely the worst season in the series, with Kanto and AG,

Excuse me if I misunderstand, but did you just imply that Kanto wasn't good?

I'll agree with Johto Journeys- that series alone was the reason why I left Pokemon as a kid. :/

About Ash's "level 100" Charizard, if he had a Pokemon like that, he's sweep through Shinou or whatever region and it would be boring and then become repetitive and then the fans would be complaining.

No he wouldn't. If Pikachu can get beaten by a Magikarp, then the writers can find ways to make Charizard look weak.

But then fans would complain about that, too. I sure as hell would. :/

Ash's Pikachu resets it's "level" every region so it's not too powerful.

Well, the series doesn't have set in stone levels. Pikachu has probably been just as strong as he's been in Kanto.

Sokai

s ♥ n e
    Years
    I'll have to agree that I've become a bit bored with the Pokémon animé series, and I stopped watching altogether after the mid-Hoenn episodes. Truth be told, the only season I liked was the very first season.

I liked the art style better (they made funny faces, hehe.) and the background music, but this could possible be because that was the season I grew up with. I didn't mind the Orange Island series, but after Johto... I began to stop watching. :/

So now, the only Pokémon related things I do is play the games.

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
    I'm confused are you saying we have to give reason for why we hate the new episodes?

1. I hate the new voices but that is out of my control.
    2. Dawn just competes in contests like May did and I was never interested in that stuff.
    3. The joke where Brock has someone stop him from harassing girls is old and lame, so I wish that would go away.
    4. Team Rocket is still there, even though they'll never leave.
    5. Also I am one of those people who hates how Ash just leaves behind all his good Pokemon. Maybe he doesn't have to take a whole team but maybe one or two. You say people would get bored if he just swept through all the regions, that's true but I don't feel like watching him just leave all his Pokemon behind for weaker ones.

I'm just mostly tired of seeing the same old stuff. I've watched some episodes, I hated the episodes, to me no matter how you say it I just don't like the new ones. Plus, I never thought Johto was all that bad.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    5. Also I am one of those people who hates how Ash just leaves behind all his good Pokemon. Maybe he doesn't have to take a whole team but maybe one or two.

Pikachu and Aipom.

I'm just mostly tired of seeing the same old stuff. I've watched some episodes, I hated the episodes, to me no matter how you say it I just don't like the new ones. Plus, I never thought Johto was all that bad.

It's a children's show- you're not its primary audience. It's meant for children- children who haven't been around since the first season, and who think all of this is pretty new.

And I still don't get why people whine about the voice actors. They seem fine to me. :/

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Isn't it ironic that Ash has been 10 for 13 years?

When is he going to have a birthday?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    What'd this guy do that made him so hated?

LOL
    bmgf > Hall of Shame > Global Boycott to bring Misty back
    Now there's a humorous read. But very facepalm inducing. No offence to the guy...but seriously. I feel terrible now ack. But don't even think that's a one off thing. I only say so people have a general idea of why some may think of him as a little...eccentric...to put it lightly. I'm not just going around hating the guy, telling the world of his story haha. Well, now you know and, maybe, see the reasoning of Crystal Clair's point. Although, I doubt one person can represent a whole forum.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    it's friendlier than the other Pokemon anime forums
    Unfortunately, that can be bad in a way. For example, people can get away with making threads like these and looking like whiners without being criticized.

And SPPf does have intelligent members like Cybercubed, Korobooshi Kojiro, Gravy, Yamato-san, and many more. They have a mixed population of trolls, idiots, n00bs, regular people and intelligent people.

Isn't it ironic that Ash has been 10 for 13 years?
    What about Bart Simpson being 10 for 18 years? It's called a floating timeline.

2. Dawn just competes in contests like May did and I was never interested in that stuff.
    Yeah but she's always wanted to do that. She didn't hate Pokemon at first and then decide to be a coordinator. Besides she's not happy-go-lucky like May was. For a while, the writers made us think she was going to quit.

The only thing I agree with in this quote is that Johto wasn't that bad. Sure the Johto Journeys were awful with the exception of a few episodes but Johto League Champions had old characters coming up everywhere...

I'll stop here -_-

Dr. Salt

Rawr <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2009
    Thank you Crystal Clair, *^_^* I couldn't remember the antagonist's name. Anyway, I stopped watching after the Johto series because I was in fifth grade by the time it was over. The pokemon series is lame in my opinion. I like the games though.

The only episode of D/P I watched Shinji did something and Ash was like "oh meh gawd. Pokemon have feelings too! Your so mean!" It's so sad. They need to make a new character that is like a real person. Ash and the others are too hero-esque.

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Maybe it's just cuz the pokemon franchise was milked so hard. Man, when it was big in the early decade, I swear it was like "I'ma wake up from my pokemon bed, eat my pokemon cereal, put on my pokemon clothes, go to school and use pokemon supplies, go home, watch and play pokemon, take a crap on my pokemon toilet, go to bed in my pokemon bed" Maybe you're just a bit tried of it for 10 years? O.o =/
    </div>

Buoysel

Years
    Imeant to say strange, but ironic works too.
    What about Bart Simpson being 10 for 18 years? It's called a floating timeline.
    I know, but Barts voice has not gotten deeper, unlike Ash's. They both have changed a little, but Bart still sounds like he is ten, Ash sounds like he is fifteen.

Not to mention that Ash has started to act more like a baby as he has gone along. He used to act mature in season 1, but now he acts more like eight.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    And SPPf does have intelligent members like Cybercubed, Korobooshi Kojiro, Gravy, Yamato-san, and many more. They have a mixed population of trolls, idiots, n00bs, regular people and intelligent people.

I suppose even Serebii would have a few exceptions here and there, but based on what I've heard about their battlers and the five minutes I spent on those forums, I don't hold them in high regard. :/

Deadly Arbok

Team Rocket's executive agent
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    Imeant to say strange, but ironic works too.

I know, but Barts voice has not gotten deeper, unlike Ash's. They both have changed a little, but Bart still sounds like he is ten, Ash sounds like he is fifteen.

Not to mention that Ash has started to act more like a baby as he has gone along. He used to act mature in season 1, but now he acts more like eight.

You're kidding right. You must be kidding. Have you ever seen season 1? His intelligence has changed for the better drastically. Ash acted like a whiny, arrogant brat in Season 1 to put it bluntly. Now Ash is acting a lot more mature for his non-existent age.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    They could do so much better with character development. Everything in its time has its pros and cons.

Buoysel

Years
    You're kidding right. You must be kidding. Have you ever seen season 1? His intelligence has changed for the better drastically. Ash acted like a whiny, arrogant brat in Season 1 to put it bluntly. Now Ash is acting a lot more mature for his non-existent age.

Yes I have seen season 1, I got up every morning at 6 a.m. to watch it.

Have you seen rise of Darkrai? He gets up set when Dawn gets to put in the sound disk, because he doesn't get to.

He never did anything like that in Season 1, until the pokemon league at least. then it went down hill.

He may have gotten smarter, but he is acting like a brat now.

Back