• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Gold X

lazinicki

Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    Pokemon Gold X(Beta 1 Release)

]Now many people looking at this game are like, oh big deal you edited trainers and wild pokemon,but really this game isn't meant for the people who want an amazing new hack.
    here is the thing.

this game follows the GSC story line, however, the trainers are a lot harder, Elite 4 smarter, no more endless of the same pokemon trainers, and most pokemon( if not all non legendaires) are available to be captured. now this hack is available through other means but i do know that their are people who want their challenge and i decide for the first time id release one of my hacks here. this is far from my first difficulty increasing hack and some have a bit more mapping changes, however, i think people calling them fake are very mean.

As stated this is for those people who just want a small challenge( big actually)!

i have tested it myself and have found it really do-able is you have the time to work with it.
    I will be doing a run on youtube hope to post a vid here soon.

Special features:
    - New starters
    - Rival has a better team
    - Trainers don't suck
    - better pokemon found earlier
    - Almost all jhoto pokemon available before going to kanto

Screenshots and hack below:

please enjoy

beta 1= 4/03/10-4/12/10
    Beta 2= 4/14/10-?/??/??

Tools
    Goldmap
    StarteD
    tRANIER eDITOR

Beta 1:
    Begging to end( only Jhoto wild pokes edited)

Beta 2:
    All wild pokes( can somone give me away way to do victory road as goldmap cant)

Beta 3:
    Plan on adding new rivals and events. learning gold scrpting.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Well, who doesn't want an amazing new hack? Well, either way I guess this rom works well for those who want a challenge and want to enjoy the nostalgic G/S/C.

lazinicki

Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    thanxs to those who said it was a good idea. And to those who want cool new rom hacks, i understand that whant, however im still learning scripts so, until im good at them, im stuck here.

Years
    You say it's not supposed to be an amazing new hack, but...
    This has been done, several times. Mostly by Miksy, but nevertheless.
    Please, though, I don't mean this in a "you're not welcome to hacking" way, but there's no need to post average edits while you're learning. Just get on with it and keep trying to learn until you get the skill. You're not "stuck" anywhere.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    I'm sorry but I don't see the point of this.
    If people wanted this they could do it themselves in a few minutes.
    Why anyone would allow this to be among hacks that require time and hard work is beyond me.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
    WTF!!! Take it easy on the guy, I wouldnt like to be treated like that and I severly doubt you would either. If you dont want to say anything nice then dont comment.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
    You shouldn't quit hacking gold but read tutorials so you can do changes with hex editors. Although I've done many hacks that are at the same stage as this one, I don't see a point in them anymore :|

lazinicki

Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    You say it's not supposed to be an amazing new hack, but...
    This has been done, several times. Mostly by Miksy, but nevertheless.
    Please, though, I don't mean this in a "you're not welcome to hacking" way, but there's no need to post average edits while you're learning. Just get on with it and keep trying to learn until you get the skill. You're not "stuck" anywhere.

i put this out there so i can get feedback to know im going in the right direction. i have made other hacks and released them elsewhere, however i thought that a good way to find out where to go up was to release one here.

lazinicki

Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    well the thing is this a good way to get strated. hope ppl who want to play this enoy the first beta.

e7a

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Seems good to me. I am just no fan of 1st and 2nd generation games:)

lazinicki

Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    UPDATE:
    my y-tube run has offcilly started. my channel is in my siggy!

lazinicki

Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    updte i have a sup[port banner now. it looks pretty good in my opinion.

manalord

Amazing Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    people are so mean. very few people who are insulting this hack are leaving some type of constrctive critsism for it!

lazinicki

Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    So this is a same storyline based rom except it's harder? =/

thats exactly what this beta is. it will change later. rite now its more for the people who dont care how good or bad a hack is, they just want a challenge. and that is what this
    is :-)

lazinicki

Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    looking for help with a new hack( its not 100% mine) but ill be posting a thred later today.

Back