• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Granite

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    Story: You're a child who has just moved from far away to start a new life. You and your mom settle down in a small mountainous town. You go see the professor to receive your first pokemon, and then you are thrust into a world full of new pokemon, new moves, and above all, a new league. Along the path to the pokemon league, you will thwart Team Rocket's (And a new mysterious cult's) plans along the way. You also investigate a recent meteor landing and maybe find your long lost dad.

Features:

-Sure of:
    At least one fakemon of any possible type combo
    Ditto and Smeargle
    No new types (yippee)
    New moves
    New character sprites
    Mayan-ish tribe
    Pyramids/tombs

-Hopefully:
    Your own gym (like battle tent)
    Gym Builder (like secret base)

Screenshots:
    Pokemon Granite
    Pokemon Granite
    Pokemon Granite
    Pokemon Granite

Bugs: None so far. I haven't really started the hack.

Team:
    Shucklin (head honcho)
    Turterra
    And about 5 of my friends.

Help with:
    Spriting
    tiles
    Scripting
    Programming in general
    Pokemon names
    The actual Pokemon themselves
    Names of everything in general

If you are a big contributor I will put you in the hack (Strive for the Elite Four!)

Last edited:

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    Participipation Log:
    Turterra: 1 pokemon

Oh me and my participating real life friends get auto-elito.

Last edited:

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    Fakemon update! I have 17 fakemon types left, and they are:
    NRM-DRG. FIRE FIRE-ICE. FIRE-PSY ELC-ICE ELC-GRD ELC-DRK. GRS ICE I-PSN I-PSY FTG-DRG FLY-PSY FLY-STL. PSY PSY-DRG STL

I will also accept other types, for I am short on fakemon. I need 386. I have 200- something.

Note: I will not finish this hack unless people are satisfied. With everything. No tile errors, bad names, bad sprites, anything.

Last edited:

Speedster

The Unknown
    Years
  • Nice to see a new thread up. This looks pretty good. It isn't best to just say "blah, blah, blah" in your story. It sends away the reader. The pics look pretty good. The last one looks like it does not have a proper warp yet. If you are able to pull off the create your own gym that will be very cool. Also if you need help you might want to post a thread in the team discussions forum. Finally, to post pictures you use this code: [*IMG](Picture link)[*/IMG]
    You just need to insert the online link to your screenshots and remove the *s. Hope to see more.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I must agree with the user above putting ''blah blah blah'' made me instantly not read the rest of the story.
    Anyway, your screens look rather plain, from what I see, best bet would be to get some new tiles in, possible pick up on some mapping skills, and or be really creative, so creative your mind will implode with rainbows!! :'3

Anyway, I hope to see this hack turn out to be a great project.

Edit: To insert images you use [IMG*](photobucket.com or imageshack.us link here)[/IMG*] but you need at least 15 posts or more for main forum rules reasons.

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    Nice to see a new thread up. This looks pretty good. It isn't best to just say "blah, blah, blah" in your story. It sends away the reader. The pics look pretty good. The last one looks like it does not have a proper warp yet. If you are able to pull off the create your own gym that will be very cool. Also if you need help you might want to post a thread in the team discussions forum. Finally, to post pictures you use this code: [*IMG](Picture link)[*/IMG]
    You just need to insert the online link to your screenshots and remove the *s. Hope to see more.

Sorry about the blah blah blah. I put it in because the story is mostly like the original games. I'll change it soon. I know the screens are basic, and those are probably not going to be in the hack, I had them so I could post the Thread so I could get help from the community. As for the images, I found out how to do it after this post, just I don't have 15 posts.

I must agree with the user above putting ''blah blah blah'' made me instantly not read the rest of the story.
    Anyway, your screens look rather plain, from what I see, best bet would be to get some new tiles in, possible pick up on some mapping skills, and or be really creative, so creative your mind will implode with rainbows!! :'3

Anyway, I hope to see this hack turn out to be a great project.

Edit: To insert images you use [IMG*](photobucket.com or imageshack.us link here)[/IMG*] but you need at least 15 posts or more for main forum rules reasons.

Thanks, I know these screens are bad, but that is why I need help!

Remember, Think about Ideas for fakemon and my friend's user name. Also please give ideas for what the hero's sprite should be.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Well, let's be honest here.

To start off with, the story isn't very intriguing. It doesn't make me want to play.
    However, the main problem is the hack itself. Seriously, the images don't look good at all. It is a pretty obvious edit. Also, by the way you are presenting this thread, it seems like more of a plead for someone that actually knows what they are doing to come in and do the hack for you. Plus, the fact that you say that you haven't even started the hack yet further proves my point. Learn all of the things you said you need "help" with, then come back, because you made it fairly obvious that you aren't ready to be doing this quite yet.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    It seems that all you've done is made a few basic map edits, and in your help, you've labelled pretty much everything required for a hack. :/ I agree with agentgeo, it's like you're just waiting for someone with skill to come along and do everything. Have a look at some tutorials before you make a hack. Sorry if I sound harsh. D:

Other than that:
    Features:

-Sure of:
    At least one fakemon of any possible type combo
    Ditto and Smeargle
    No new types (yippee)
    New moves
    New character sprites
    Mayan-ish tribe
    Pyramids/tombs
    What's so special about these two Pokemon?

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    Well, let's be honest here.

To start off with, the story isn't very intriguing. It doesn't make me want to play.
    However, the main problem is the hack itself. Seriously, the images don't look good at all. It is a pretty obvious edit. Also, by the way you are presenting this thread, it seems like more of a plead for someone that actually knows what they are doing to come in and do the hack for you. Plus, the fact that you say that you haven't even started the hack yet further proves my point. Learn all of the things you said you need "help" with, then come back, because you made it fairly obvious that you aren't ready to be doing this quite yet.

Yeah, Yeah I know. I haven't done any thing on the rom yet, but I have worked pretty hard on the fakemon. Probably the only thing I'm going to let someone else do is spriting and scipting, but only something that is ridiculously hard to do. I tried making a new tileset, and I got really confused. I used a tutorial too.

It seems that all you've done is made a few basic map edits, and in your help, you've labelled pretty much everything required for a hack. :/ I agree with agentgeo, it's like you're just waiting for someone with skill to come along and do everything. Have a look at some tutorials before you make a hack. Sorry if I sound harsh. D:

Other than that:
    What's so special about these two Pokemon?

Smearlgle and Ditto are unique pokemon: Smeargle has Sketch, and Ditto is the egg master. Even though mew has transform, I'm not adding it.
    Again, I posted this hack so I could get help on the fakemon (just ideas people!) first, but people dont seem to care which sucks. I guess I'll sprite the main legendary and then make a title screen.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    You don't need to bash him. It's his choice what he wants to do with the hack.
    I understand how constructive criticism is fine, but by just pointing out flaws, you're accomplishing nothing.

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    You don't need to bash him. It's his choice what he wants to do with the hack.
    I understand how constructive criticism is fine, but by just pointing out flaws, you're accomplishing nothing.

Exactly! If you think youre helpin' by hatin', then you could do something better. How about give me ideas for fakemon of the types listed above and/or give an idea for a username with Galvantula in it!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • You don't need to bash him. It's his choice what he wants to do with the hack.

Exactly! If you think youre helpin' by hatin', then you could do something better. How about give me ideas for fakemon of the types listed above and/or give an idea for a username with Galvantula in it!

I'm sorry but these two posts made me laugh, how are all these posts bashing, people are just trying to help, and why do we need to give an idea of a username with Galvantula in it when it has nothing to do in the hack?

Now for my criticism, the story seems really unique yet simple at the same time, maybe you could think of something better. The screenshots just remind me of Hoenn and this would work if the hack was takeing place in Hoenn but it sounds like it's not. For some of the features your adding like the gym concept, how are you gonna make the scripts work?And maybe people will help if they get a good idea of the story, better screenies, and maybe some fakemon screens.
    For now, this hack lacks on story, maps....and thats all we see cause of the screenshots, which I think you should add more of.
    It could also help if you recruit a team in the Team thread.

Last edited:

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    I'm sorry but these two posts made me laugh, how are all these posts bashing, people are just trying to help, and why do we need to give an idea of a username with Galvantula in it when it has nothing to do in the hack?

Now for my criticism, the story seems really unique yet simple at the same time, maybe you could think of something better. The screenshots just remind me of Hoenn and this would work if the hack was takeing place in Hoenn but it sounds like it's not. For some of the features your adding like the gym concept, how are you gonna make the scripts work?And maybe people will help if they get a good idea of the story, better screenies, and maybe some fakemon screens.
    For now, this hack lacks on story, maps....and thats all we see cause of the screenshots, which I think you should add more of.
    It could aslo help if you recruit a team in the Team thread.

I don't get the part about Hoenn, but I'm working on making good screenshots. The galvantula thing is so my friend can get on PC and help.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I don't get the part about Hoenn, but I'm working on making good screenshots. The galvantula thing is so my friend can get on PC and help.

The thing about hoenn was the screenshots look like it, as in it's not that much changed from the original game. A little more mapping should change it.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • I want to see more screenshots and story before commenting on this. There really isn't anything to compliment or criticize at this point, besides there being too little information.

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    Okay, due to criticism on the screenshots I have decided to make nicer ones. I am currently working on the male hero, and I will upload an unhacked emerald rom that has the male character edited. Change it slightly if you want. If you do, then please inform me what you edited, and then upload your rom that has the sprites on it.

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    Um... Im stuck on the upward walking sprites, can someone please help me? I can't get the arms to look natural. Please try to sprite the upward walking ones, but if there's a problem with the others please let me know.

Pokemon Granite
    Pokemon Granite
    Pokemon Granite
    Pokemon Granite

The non walking ones are for reference.

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
  • I'm interested in helping you out :).
    I can help you design some fakemon, and sprite them for you, and I can help you design maps and in general help with the story. I can also do some basic scripting aswell, and I can do titlescreen editing :).
    I don't have a reference as I havn't really participated in a hack before, but I'll be glad to help out if you'd want me to.

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    I'm interested in helping you out :).
    I can help you design some fakemon, and sprite them for you, and I can help you design maps and in general help with the story. I can also do some basic scripting aswell, and I can do titlescreen editing :).
    I don't have a reference as I havn't really participated in a hack before, but I'll be glad to help out if you'd want me to.

Suits me. First good guy right here.

Back