• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Ok

Wait... why are you having me make a sprite you already have? 0.o

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    This is an awesome game man i love it how you actually want to make a Pokemon game that feels like Pokemon should be. I also love how you get anime,manga and video game aspects in this and how you add your own ideas in awesome game keep up the good work!

Thank you very much for this comment. We're trying our best to make it a better game than it used to be. The Kanto Region will be considerably different from what you might see in previous releases. Don't forget to check it out when the next version is released.

/smile this has got to be one of the best hack roms i have ever played its great (i know hall of famer says its not a hack, but i concider w/e rom <<pokemon<< made by another person a hack game)

Well you may call this game a hack when you find it possible to play it with VBA or NO$GBA, lol.

Btw, I appreciate it very much that you put the Pokemon HOF banner into your signature. Have a nice weekend and don't forget to check this game out when version 1.3 is released.

Ok

Wait... why are you having me make a sprite you already have? 0.o

1. We accept staffs who can actually contribute to this game. You have to show us something before getting approved.
    2. We do have some sprites already, but they might not be good so we'd like to see if you can make better one. Even if you can't, you're providing us with an alternative choice for the sprites we're gonna use.
    3. I think I have explained enough, ask Moose what he's considering about if you still have questions to ask.

Last edited:

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Eh, in that case, I'll go back to my platform of not applying. See, I was thinking of being more of a random contributor rather than part of the permanent staff. I don't really want to be considered part of the project like that.

Sorry for wasting your time, and thank you for reading this.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    Can I have back (normal and shiny) sprites of these?

Credits go to orangeislands.net (part of their text RPG).

EJames2100, if I have enough time in the next two weeks, then yes. Otherwise you will have to wait.

By the way, here's Ghost Marowak. Credits go to Gladeshadow from Serebii Forums.

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    Update time:

We have nearly finished the revision of Pallet town and Viridian town in Kanto Region. The newly modified Pallet town will be considerably different from any other pokemon games available to play. Check the screenshot below and you will see how much different Pallet town will be in Beta 1.3! I'm too tired so I have to have some sleep. Have a nice day everyone!

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    Hall of Famer, please add the following to the list of credits. This is non-staff members only.

froslass_maniac - Fusion of Nidoran male and female
    Gladeshadow from Serebii Forums - Ghost Marowak sprites
    Orangeislands.net and their text RPG - sprites and concept of Miltrit and Pegaflame
    Jocelyn-213 - Trainer sprites of Ritchie and Daisy
    Andinator - Sprite of KangasKid

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    Great!!

I loved the new storyline!

Thanks a lot dude. There will be more revisions for Kanto for future Pokemon HOF releases!

Hall of Famer, please add the following to the list of credits. This is non-staff members only.

froslass_maniac - Fusion of Nidoran male and female
    Gladeshadow from Serebii Forums - Ghost Marowak sprites
    Orangeislands.net and their text RPG - sprites and concept of Miltrit and Pegaflame
    Jocelyn-213 - Trainer sprites of Ritchie and Daisy
    Andinator - Sprite of KangasKid

I understand, I will add them to the credit list.

Missingno is here

It looks quite nice, man. Kind of remind me of ancient Egypt, lol.

Hey hall of famer i love the new story line and the Pichu idea!
    keep it up!:)

so when is 1.3 likely to be released??

Thank you very much for the support. Version 1.3 will be released in about a week so please check it out by then!

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    hey guys what happened to hall of fame??
    No new updates for 4 days?????
    What's Up?:\

Sorry about that but I'm taking 6 courses as a college freshman with half of them being Sophomore/Junior's courses. I can tell that most of Pokemon HOF members might not be as active as we were in winter break. However, the Pokemon HOF version 1.3 will still be released by the end of this week, like I promised before. Moose is doing some sort of modifications and you will find the next beta considerably different from the previous. Have a nice day and thanks for being a supporter of this project!

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    Sorry about that but I'm taking 6 courses as a college freshman with half of them being Sophomore/Junior's courses. I can tell that most of Pokemon HOF members might not be as active as we were in winter break. However, the Pokemon HOF version 1.3 will still be released by the end of this week, like I promised before. Moose is doing some sort of modifications and you will find the next beta considerably different from the previous. Have a nice day and thanks for being a supporter of this project!

I thought we agreed on the week of Monday, January 19th? I will be done by then...

I'm also getting some extra help from people.

By the way, the Pokédex revisions are (more or less) done. You'll have to get used to the new order, so your old guides from the games won't work anymore. Don't worry; eventually I and the writers will write new guides.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    bobandbill joins the fray!

I'm on as a writer, although might be doing some more programming-writing stuff as well? Idk, we'll see. Moose got me into this, and just redid the PBS Items file as well on Moose's request (de-capitalised things, fixed the odd mistake, etc - only the fields I was told to as well).

And with that - POW, I'm gone!

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    I have a small update as well. The revised Pokédex is DONE. The new numbering system will be unique to Pokémon fangames in that it is the only one that accounts for ALL additions to evolutionary families introduced in later generations. There is a small change in store in the future for the Pokémon, and it's a surprise. You will see this change in a few of the Pokémon in the game, and it's a change that I think you will like.

The next thing on my list is the region maps. The graphics were done a while ago so I just have to edit map locations. At this rate, the next beta should be out in a matter of days.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back