• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Heroic Destinies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
  • Jude kept running, he didn't stop to look back at the rampaging Rhydon because he knew it was coming, the sound of falling trees and scattering Pokemon assured him of that. Eve was having trouble keeping up, Jude knew that if he kept at this pace, he had the slightest chance of escaping, but Eve would not.

"Eve, top-speed Quick Attack!" He commanded. "Vee!!!" Eve charged forward at top speed, kicking up a cloud of undergrowth and dirt in the process. She was well aware that the Rhydon would soon catch up to her, whether or not she ran out of stamina. Regardless, Eve continued running, barely keeping up with Jude, who was retrieveing something from his knapsack...the powder they'd extracted from the shiny Vileplume...Could he really be thinking of using it? She knew the purpose of the powder was so that Jude would be able to capture the legendary Pokemon that was said to reside deep in the forest, but if he used it now, then he'd never be able to capture that Pokemon.

As if he had read Eve's mind, Jude looked back at her and flashed a crazy grin, "Sorry, Eve, looks like we'll have to take down that legendary the hard way! I'd like to live long enough to see it!" looking at the Rhydon which was close behind, he glared, "Hey! Take this!" Jude threw the powder jar with uregency and desperation.

Please, let this work. Please...

The jar flew and shattered against the Rhydon's rock-hard hide. The Rhydon didn't seem to notice until it was too late. The pollen was absorbed through its skin and the Rhydon has inhaled large doses of the dust when it suddenly fell to the floor, forced into a deep slumber.

Jude skidded to a halt, wincing slightly as a stray branch embedded itself into his bare foot. Picking it out with some annoyance, he walked over to the now slumbering Rhydon. Eve decided to rest on a rock and let out a deep sigh of relief. Well, he may have wasted the pollen they'd trekked through miles of forest to find, but Jude had saved her life once again. Eve began to think that she owed it to Jude to accompany him and protect him, but then she realized that she did it because she truly cared for him.

The Rhydon slumbered deeply, unable to awaken due to the pollen. Jude looked it over and sighed, "Well, I suppose there's only one thing left to do. I'm gonna waste that special pollen and not catch what I used it on."

Jude produced a Poke Ball and threw it at the Rhydon. It was consumed in a red glow and entered the Pokeball. He watched anxiously as it shook back and forth

OOC: I don't know if I can say whether or not I captured the Rhydon so...

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2010
    I suppose it might be allowed if you made it a Rhyhorn... What the heck, you can catch it.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • OOC: Yay ^^! Just to be clear, is it a Rhydon, or a Rhyhorn?

IC (Assuming its Rhydon):
    The Poke Ball ceased shaking. Jude walked over and picked up the capsule and looked inside; The Rhydon was staring back at him with a slight contemptment in its eye. "Guess you won't be so easy to train, huh, big guy?" Eve trotted over and nudged Jude's leg, "Huh? You wanna see our new buddy?" Jude showed Eve the Rhydon and she purred and smiled, the Rhydon looked slightly shocked by this and blushed.

"Now, let's check your statistics, shall we?" Jude opened a notebook from his bag and flipped threw a few pages until he stopped and dog-earred one, "Here we go, Rhydon...uh huh...I see...alright then!" He closed the book with a bang and picked up Rhydon's Poke Ball, "Come on out...Rhy Rhy!" Throwing the Poke Ball, Rhydon, now nicknamed Rhy Rhy, appeared in a puff of smoke.

The Rhydon looked from Jude to Eve, and then its surroundings. So, he's calling me Rhy Rhy, is he? The Rhydon narrowed its eyes as it looked at Jude and snorted. Eve walked over to the big Pokemon, Hello, I'm Eve, I've been Jude's partner since he was a child and I was a newborn.

Rhy Rhy's facial expression changed from somber to interest as it spoke to Eve, So you've been with the human for a while then?

Yes, quite a while. He's a noble and sweet young man, but a bit impish and immature at times. Eve laughed and Jude looked up from his now re-opened book to see what they were doing. Unable to understand, he just smiled at the two and returned to reading.

Rather...naive isn't he? Rhy Rhy commented.

At times, but he has a pure soul, and a kind heart. I understand that you may take time to grow use to his ways, but please, give him a chance.

We'll see...

"Hey you two, you gonna leave me in the dark? Come over here, Rhy Rhy, I've gotten heal you up, big guy!" Jude said. Eve purred and trotted over to him and sat at his feet. Rhy Rhy hesitated a moment before walking over, he'd forgotten about his wounds up to now. Jude carefully removed the arrow from Rhy Rhy's arm, it hadn't embedded itself deep enough to cause severe damage, and then fed Rhy Rhy a Sitrus Berry, "There ya go."

Rhy Rhy growled contently and decided to snooze for a bit. Eve had the same idea as she'd fallen asleep at Jude's feet. Jude chuckled, Well, guess we all need a bit of rest...He picked up Eve and set her on a moss-covered rock. Removing his shirt and making it into a pillow, the boy fell asleep in the sunlight. The trees swayed to and fro in a small breeze that passed through the forest, and the Pokemon seemed at peace.

Til tommorow...

Designation_Leader

I iz ubsessed wit teh kittehz!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    ((OOC: Ahh...first post. Here goes.))

"Verron! Move that piece of wood over to this pile!" a voice called out from afar. Verron looked behind him and saw a man ordering him around; it was his uncle, Nellai, one of the leaders of the community. Verron was living in a community of humans gifted with the rare ability to commune with otherworldy Pokemon, namely Psychic-, Dark-, and Ghost-types. He was born into the Grand Knights, but quickly shunned upon discovery of this innate ability

"Sorry, Uncle Nel. I'm just tired, is all," Verron called back as he lifted a rather large piece of wood from the ground and carried it over to his uncle. Verron was physically fit and in his prime: he was eighteen years of age and on the cusp of adulthood. His dark brown hair was drenched in sweat that lay on his brow, glistening in the glow of the sun. His steel eyes surveyed his community; just a mere hours earlier, Hellreavers--demons bent on destroying the world--came to the community and laid it to ruins, fire burning around all of them, rocks tumbling down the mountain. Verron's friend Irina was one of many lost during the fray as a large slab of the mountain broke away and fell into the foggy abyss below.

"It's alright," Nellai said as he lifted a large rock above his head and moved it. As Verron was moving his piece of debris, he caught an image out the corner of his eye: a man dressed in a red cloak with a golden headress. He stood there with two others--a man and a woman--and stood there, simply watching, waiting. Verron approached them with caution, noticing how they simply looked at--without emotion of any kind--the destruction that lay before them.

"Who are you and what is your business here?" Verron asked bluntly. The tallest of the men, pale in complexion, looked down at Verron. He reached down and grabbed Verron's face, moving it around and taking note of his structure: his thin nose, his wide ears, his freckles. The woman reached for Verron's belt and grabbed the Pokeball on his holster. She released the Pokemon and in a flash of red light appeared a blue Ralts.

"Ral?" it muttered in confusion as it looked at the woman.

"Taai! Confusion!" Verron called out. Taai nodded his head but before he could launch his attack, the woman placed a hand on Taai's head, calming it down.

"What did you do?!" Verron exclaimed. The other man, shorter than the first, approached Verron after waving off the first.

"You are Verron Mae Alyssius, son of a Grand Knight, member of their rival community. How is this so?" he asked in a rather deep voice.

"I know how to use mystical Pokemon and can communicate with them. Why is that of importance?" Verron asked as he relaxed a bit.

"Tell me what happened here. Was it the Hellreavers?" the man asked. Verron nodded his head, looking down into the abyss and fixing the bracelet that was afixed on his wrist.

"You loved her," the woman said as she petter Taai.

"How did you know?" Verron asked suspiciously.

"We are members of the Phoenix Wards, powerful beings with rather unique capabilities. Well, some of us anyway. Cloehla can sense and read emotions. I am Werdan and we request your help," the man said.

"What do you need my help for?" Verron asked as he called Taai to his side.

"The Hellreavers are a demon race of Pokemon, their minds wiped clean by the Helldemon. They are nothing more than tools of war and we must stop them," the third man said.

"Ulysses is correct. However, a normal human cannot make contact with a Hellreaver. Only certain ones can," Werdan explained.

"What do you mean?" Verron asked as he looked at the three people with serious intents.

"Come with us and we shall explain," Cloehla said as she outstretched her hand.

((OOC: Do the Phoenix Wards have powers or are we free to interpret them in any manner we see fit?))

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • It indeed took moment for the chaos to start. It started with a literal bang as part of the Tower wall that had always kept the Psychics out exploded. Ophelia was just at the right side of the Tower, it was a few ways away from the primary target.

Dust was everywhere, the wind spread it all around from the site of destruction. Ophelia held her thin scarf over her mouth as to not inhale the dust and waited, bow strung and ready. She peeked around the corner and saw that Brutus was already running toward the spot.

She watched him run along the tower, run, run… and then no more… Brutus fell to his knees and revealed a woman with a Gastly behind her. Ophelia quickly retreated behind her corner, gripped her crossbow firmly, and peeked again. The woman had her back toward her now and was walking back to her comrades. Ophelia raised her bow, aimed, and fired an arrow, straight in the woman's heart. She fell down on the ground, and the Gastly cried out in pain.

"Kaliope," Ophelia whispered to her Pokémon after pressing herself against the wall once more so the Gastly might not see her. "That Pokémon is going to come at us, you understand? If it does, I want you to great him with some nice warm fire." Kalliope nodded, and Ophelia started to walk toward the other corner. She threw her crossbow on the ground, it took too long to load, and retrieved her normal bow instead, stringing an arrow in a second.

She glanced around the corner and saw no one, so instead she looked down. Below her, half-way down the tower on another guard platform were dozens of people fighting. Ophelia aimed an arrow and shot it at a man who was about to impale a Knight with his own sword. The arrow hit home in the back of the neck, and the man fell down. The Knight glanced up, saw Ophelia, and nodded a thanks which she returned.

Behind her she heard the growling of Kalliope as she was no doubt battling the Gastly, but she couldn't get distracted. She strung another arrow and pointed, this time at a woman who had her own dagger at one of the Knight's throat. The girl in question had a fearful look in her eyes. Just as the Psychic was about to lash out an arrow dug itself deep in her arm, and before she could look up to see who had fired it, Ophelia released another arrow, this time it buried itself in the woman's head and she fell down too.

No one noticed the sniper with the bow above them as the battle raged on. Most Psychic used their own power or their Pokémon's to attack their enemies. Some, with a rather morbid sense of humor used telekinesis to use the knight's own sword against them. The sword suddenly leaped out of the Knight's hand and started attacking its previous master, who was now defenseless.

No need to explain how the battle was over quickly. Ophelia did her part, remaining unnoticed as she took down Psychic after Psychic from her high ground. Minutes later Kalliope joined her. She was panting and tired, but seemed in good enough shape. Just at that moment, when Ophelia had averted her attention to Kalliope, she heard a shout from below.

A psychic was pointing at her, expression wild with rage. Within seconds she had an enraged woman walk the stairs, Misdreavous behind her, up to the platform where Ophelia had been standing. With panic the girl realized that those stairs were the only way she could go. There was up, but that would be even more of a trap. Her only chance was the platform, with enough chance for movement.

The woman looked completely mad, mad with rage and perhaps bloodlust. All Ophelia knew was that she was afraid, very afraid. She raised her bow and shot an arrow, but the woman simply swatted it aside with her power, the thing that had gotten her locked up in the Tower in the first place.

"Hello little duckie," she crowed while Ophelia raised her bow again and shot an arrow straight for her forehead, but the woman reached out and caught it, she was quicker than Ophelia would have ever guessed. Kaliope growled at Misdreavous, who, in turn, just floated in place. "I see, you are the one they call Artemis?" The woman posed it as a question, but it was visible that she knew the answer long before.

"I am," Ophelia told her proudly, keeping her chin up and not showing fear. Yes, it was a mask, but she couldn't give the woman the satisfaction of knowing her fear.

"I have to admit, you have good aim," the woman praised her, but in a mocking manner. "There are at least a dozen of us sprawled there with arrows in their brains just like this one." She stroked the arrow she had caught, stroked the fletching's fragile feathers. Ophelia's arrows had a fletching that was thicker than usual and all of her arrow-heads were made of bronze. Personal preference, and one that had betrayed her to be the sole one to shoot.

"Thank you, they do not call me Artemis for nothing," still keeping her chin high, keeping a seemingly calm about her. In a flash she had drawn another arrow, strung it and fired it, this time it settled itself in the woman's shoulder. Speed didn't come with aim.

The woman grimaced, then reached behind her, snapped the arrowhead and pulled the arrow out of her flesh with a wince. "I guess that's what I get for underestimating you, Artemis. I shall do this no more."

Ophelia barely had any time to register what she meant before she pulled out a dagger and threw it. It found its home in Ophelia's left arm, missing the bone but she had a feeling her muscle had not been so lucky. Her knees almost buckled when the painpoints had sent the feeling up to her brain. Pure pain. Ophelia wasn't used to pain, she was a shot, a sniper, she didn't get directly into the battle.

With trembling hands Ophelia found the handle of the knife and pulled it out of her arm, gasping as more pain came and blood bubbled up through her sleeve. She teared the whole sleeve off from the seam, folded it flat and with a lot of trouble managed to secure it tight on her arm, using her teeth to pull it tight. All the while the woman was watching her with amusement.

"Spending years isolated in a Tower from normal human kind does curious things to you," she told Ophelia, who was busy stopped the blood from seeping through her make-shift bandage, applying pressure to the wound so that the platelets might do their job. "Take me for example," the woman continued. "I have this strange fascination with seeing people hurt. Especially the people that put me here."

She motioned for her Misdreavous to come forward, but before the ghost had even come close it had met with a strong stream of fire. Kaliope spewed fire from her mouth at a steady rate, causing the ghost to cry out. The woman got a look that was even more crazy than before. "You filthy dog!"

The dagger that Ophelia had previously torn out of her arm trembled on the ground and suddenly lifted up and shot toward Kalliope, the dog quickly jumped away but not quick enough, the blade made a deep cut on her hind leg and she whined painfully. "Enough!" Ophelia yelled, she lifted up her leg and retrieved the Kriss that was fastened to her boot. The swerving blade glistened in the sun, and she swung it wildly.

"Don't even touch her!" She yelled, left arm hanging limb, any movement of it hurt like hell and the woman wasn't getting any saner. One flick of the woman's hand, while Misdreavous' eyes glowed a dangerous red at the same time, and Ophelia felt a force violently push against her, making her fall backwards. She felt her Kris fall from her hand. Suddenly the wall exploding, making a small hole and throwing dust everywhere.

A shadow came through the wall, revealing to be a pale boy who looked just a little older than Ophelia. He had long dark wavy hair and grey eyes that glared at the woman. "Why did you have to pick her to fight, Artemis?"

It took her a few seconds to realize that he hadn't spoken out loud, the voice had been in her head. As if on cue, the woman spoke. "Adonis, how nice of you to join us. This ***** took out at least a dozen of us, I was just about to pass judgement."

"Let her go Mameha, she's mine to deal with," Adonis said with a steely voice. "I have some personal history with her."

Mameha seemed to consider this for a moment, before nodding. "Fine, I understand. Don't we all have personal business with one Grand Knight or the other. Have her, I've had my fun anyway." With that she walked off. Just like that.

Adonis walked toward Ophelia, and she tensed up. What was he going to do to her? And what did he mean with personal history. She felt around until her hand felt the familiar grip of her Kris. She lifted it up and swung it wildly at Adonis. "Stay there! Don't come any closer!"

He didn't listen to her, but walked right up to her. He flicked his hand and the Kris flew from it and against the wall. Just then did she notice the bright orange Pokémon floating behind him, a Solrock. But instead of attacking, he held out his hand for her to take. She hesitated, but took it.

I told you to get away, didn't I? Look at what happened! He projected in her head. Now we need to take the long route, and I can't stay with you.

"What? What not?!" Ophelia surprised herself with how much she wanted him to stay with her, how afraid she actually felt. Her arm hurt like hell and every time she tried to stand on her right foot sharp shots of pain went through her. She was pretty sure she hurt it when she fell. But before she went anywhere she picked up her Kris, cradling it in her only good hand.

Because I'm supposed to kill you, remember? It won't look good if I come out to be with the enemy. But I found someone to take care of you and take you to safety. You don't have to worry.

To hell she wouldn't worry! But she had no choice. He helped her walk and both of them –and the Solrock- entered the Tower through the hole Adonis had blasted through the wall. His Solrock was levitating Kalliope, who objected at first, but gave in, being in no state to walk on her own.

Staircase after staircase they descended until Ophelia was sure she was in the lowest region. There, in front of a large tunnel through the hole, stood two cloaked people, a man and a woman, clad very fancily to be standing in the messy tower. Solrock set Kalliope down gently.

Don't fret, Artemis, they will help you, the vowed to me that they would. I have to return now, take care. And please don't get yourself killed, I would like to see you again sometime. And with a kiss on her forehead he was gone, leaving Ophelia quite distraught. Too much had simply happened in a short amount of time.

"You are Artemis I presume?" The man asked. He looked big in a deep red robe with a golden clasp. He was completely bald, just his dark brown skin, no hair or beard or anything. What he did have was warm brown eyes.

"Ophelia d'Aphine actually, Artemis is just a name I earned with my bow." Ophelia explained.

"Earning the name of a Goddess is a very honorable thing indeed," the woman told her. She was clad in brighter red robes, her skin was lighter than her companion's, but it was still a caramel colour. Black hair was pulled into a tight bun, a steam of curls escaping underneath. She wore a bronze headdress and a silver clip for the bun, with big golden earrings dangling from her earlobes. She had stunning blue eyes that seemed all-knowing. "I would suggest you keep it. Would you rather be known as the crazy lover of a fool, or as the Lady of the Moon and Night?"

Ophelia nodded, experiencing quite the loss of words. The dark-skinned man motioned toward the tunnel, helping Ophelia walk while the woman lifted Kalliope in her arms, walking toward god knew what.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • "Ah! Isn't this the life Ralts?" Jason asked his Psychic-Typed partner. Ralts happily agreed. The two were sitting on a creek bed with their feet in the babbiling water. Sun light was drifting through the leafy trees, creating a serene moment.

You know, we should probally get back to camp to start our chores. Ralts said.

"Yeah, probally." Jason said with a chuckle. He didn't make any move to get up. Ralts sighed. His master was so lazy! Of course he wouldn't get in trouble because everyone in the camp liked him too much and he was the best scout they had.

"Ah!" Jason sighed in content again. He took his belt, which held his sword, and laid in the grass. Ralts looked over at his friend's sword. It was a beautiful weapon of destruction. With a gold hilt and steel gray blade it was a only a foot long. Seeing Jason use it in battle was like seeing a dancer dancing. It was beautiful. However Ralts knew his master would have never had taken up the shield if he had never gotten lost a few years ago. Quickly shaking the thoughts out of his head, Ralts laid down next to Jason, who had quickly fallen asleep.

Someone has to stay awake... Ralts muttered sleepily. His eyes were so heavy...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Jason! Help!" a terrorifed cried out. Ralts and Jason snapped awake. It was dark. They had been asleep far too long.

Looking around Jason saw that it was a young girl named Mary who had found them. "Oh hi Mary..." Jason muttered sleepily. He began to put his boots back on and his sword belt.

"Jason you have to come back to the camp right now! They're killing them!" she cried.

"What?!" Jason snapped to attention. He noticed now that she her cheek was bleeding and that her face was covered in dirt. "Whats happening Mary? Tell me slowly and clearly."

Wiping her nose and pushing her brown pigtails out of her face, she told Jason that a group of local villagers had attacked the camp, claiming that the Arlish had taken their crops and raided their village. Jason's face betrayed no emotion as he told to run as far as she could. He would come find her. "Keep to the shadows and remember your studies!" he called out to her as she took off into the night. Looking towards the direction of the camp, he saw an angry orange glow. A harsh roar escaped his throat. He ripped his sword out and charged to the camp with Ralts behind him.

When they arrived on the scene, Jason was shocked at the massacre waiting for him. Tents were burnt to the ground, while all their hard earned supplies had been trampled underfoot. They had only collected the berries and nuts this morning. Jason had remembered how the smaller children had run around his legs, excited that their hero had returned. Those same children now lay dead at his feet. A villager emerged from a tent that wasn't burnt with an evil grin on his face. Crying was coming from the tent. With an inhuman roar, Jason quickly decapitated the man.

"Jason!" a voice cried out. Jason turned to find the Arlish elder running towards him. "You need to get out of here. There's too many."

"What about the guards?"

"You know how many guards we have. Enought to stop rabid animals, maybe the occasional bandit. But not enough for an invasion of this size." The elder sobbed. "Some of us escaped. Try to find them."

"What about you?"

The elder showed Jason the wound to his stomach. Parts were seeable. "As the elder, I wish to die in my camp." he said simply. Jason swallowed tears and nodded. Suddenly a man from the village jumped out of the shadows with a knife. "I can help you with that old man!" he cried.

Ralts, who had been quiet all this time, roared loudly for one so tiny and sent a wave of psychic energy at the man, cutting him cleanly in two. "Good boy." Jason said, patting his partner on the head. "Ok elder. You are a great man, and I am proud to be your son."

"Thank you Jason. That means more than you'll ever know." The elder said with tears in his eyes. "Now GO!" he commanded. Jason lept into the trees like a ninja and was just about to leave the camp grounds when he saw his father, the greatest Arlish Elder, cut down. Turning his head away Jason ran to the spot by the brook he had only been at a few hours before, and wept.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • ~The following morning~

Lick...lick...

Why's my face damp...?

Jude slowly opened his eyes, Eve was licking his face. The Eevee hopped off her master's chest, allowing him to sit up and stretch, "YAAAAWWWWNNN....Ah, good morning, Eve." Looking around Jude noticed Rhydon wasn't present, "Where's Rhy Rhy?" Eve pointed towards a cluster of bushes. Getting up and stretching his legs, Jude walked over to the bushes and noticed a Rhydon, hunched over and picking berries, "Well, good morning Rhy Rhy. Getting Eve and yourself some breakfast?" The Rhydon turned its head and smirked before responding with a grunt.

Jude returned to where his knapsack and shirt were tossed, and ran his hand through his tawny hair, it was a mess of bed head, "I gotta find a stream to bathe in..." he muttered to himself. He scouted close by and left Eve and Rhy Rhy to eat.

The sound of running water greeted the young man as he approached a crystaline stream. The water was so clear that he could see the Magikarp and Finneon swimming through the water. removing his trousers, Jude dived in and enjoyed a nice cold bath in the stream.

Well, well, well, I didn't know that there were naked men in this forest, teehee...

The thought penetrated his head and Jude's eyes darted to and fro, a Psychic was nearby. "Where are you? And, why are you spying on me?" He called out.

I was just passing through the wood, teehee, when I noticed a full moon in the river, hahahah...

Jude's face was beet-red and he was suddenly extremely self-conscious of his exposed body. Darting out of the stream and slipping on his trousers, he scanned the surrounding treetops.

She's here somewhere...

I can read your thoughts, you know. Look directly above you.

Jude did as instructed and saw a young girl about his age in scarlett robes with fiery hair and crimson eyes. Her face was slightly pale and her pink lips were a cute smirk. She made a show of looking up and down Jude's exposed torso and giggled slightly, "So tell me, golden boy, what's a cutey like you doing here? I mean, someone like you should be an entertainer in the royal city, heheheh."

Jude couldn't help but chuckle, "Only if you tell me, why such a pretty little flower such as yourself is climbing trees and spying on big boys like me?"

"Oh, a clever one." The girl jumped down from the branch she was stooped on and let herself fall.

"Oh no, I'll catch you!" Jude ran to catch the falling girl in his extended arms, but instead of catching her, she was...floating, above him. "Wha-what?"

"I'm a Psychic, silly," She said with a wink, "I can do all sorts of things. Thanks, though, I'd think a smart guy like you would of let me fall knowing I'd stop myself before any serious injury. Valiant, I like that in a guy."

Jude stood there for a moment and watched the girl float. The bushes to his right began to rustle and Rhy Rhy and Eve emerged, obviously checking to see what was keeping him. The two Pokemon took note of the floaating girl and prepared to battle. "Don't worry, you two," Jude said cooly, "she's not an enemy." Eve stood down, but Rhy Rhy kept his guard.

"Looks like your Rhy Rhy isn't fond of us Psychics. But, to better ease yourselves," She closed her eyes and two Pokeballs floated away from her belt, "There, I'm unarmed."

"A smart man knows that a Psychic is never unarmed." Jude stated, to which the girl couldn't help but giggle. "So, what's your name, witch?"

"I, am the Scarlett Sorceress of the South, Rozalin." said the witch. She demonstrated by conjuring a purplish flame which turned red, then pink, then white before disappearing. "And you are?"

"I'm Jude, Ms. Rozalin." Jude said. Rhy Rhy handed him his knapsack and shirt. As he was about to put on his shirt, Rozalin snapped her fingers and it burst into fushia flames, "Hey?!"

"Sorry, but I like to have eye-candy," she said, winking. "So where are you heading, Jude?"

Grumbling for a moment but shirking it off, Jude put on his knapsack and pointed into a darker portion of the forest, "Into the heart of the forest. A lgendary Pokemon is said to reside there."

"Well, guess I'm going with you!" Rozalin said.

"What?!"

"Hey, I know this forest better than anyone, you'll need me."

A little shifty, Jude looked at Eve and Rhy Rhy, whom both seemed slightly uneasy.

"Oh, come on! Please?"

Sighing, Jude rubeed his temples, "Fine, but don't cause any trouble, got it?"

OOC: Is this fine? I wanted to introduce rozalin as a sort of love interest for Jude, but she isn't a permanent companion. If not, i could edit it.

Designation_Leader

I iz ubsessed wit teh kittehz!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    "Where exactly are we going?" Verron asked one of the Phoenix Wards, citizens dressed in crimson-red cloaks, the same color as the aura slightly emanating off of the Hellreavers.

"We are going to one of our camps on the other side of the mountain, young Verron," Ulysses said from in front without turning behind to acknowledge Verron. Verron shrugged his shoulders and sent out Taai who happily walked beside his trainer.

"Do you have any idea where we're going, Taai?" Verron asked the young Pokemon. Taai shook his head and focused on walking again. The sky was pleasant despite the events that had transpired just hours before. There was a slight breeze and Pokemon could be seen all around them. The path was winding away from the community; Verron let Nellai know and Nellai let him go without hesitation, opting to stay behind and help the community rebuild itself. There was brush on the path, just wide enough for four people to walk side-by-side. As the five walked, Taai pulled on Verron's pants. Verron looked down and asked what was wrong; Taai pointed to the sky and saw a black figure approaching them, emanating a faint red aura. "Hellreaver," Verron said to himself. "You be on your toes, Taai," Verron ordered. Taai nodded his head and the two continued walking like normal. Suddenly, a shrill cry was heard as a Honchkrow landed in front of the Phoenix Wards, spreading its wings in challenge.

"Oh my," Cloehla muttered as the three took a step back. Suddenly, Verron and Taai came running forward.

"Taai, use Calm Mind!" Verron ordered. Taai sat on the ground and began meditating. The Hellreaver Honchkrow ran forward, then disappeared in an instant. "Taai, stay focused!" Verron shouted. Suddenly, the Honchkrow appeared behind Taai, wing ready to strike. "Now! Use Ice Punch!" Verron ordered. Suddenly, without thinking, Taai stood up and punched the Honchkrow in the chest with intense force, sending it flying into the rock wall.

"Nice execution, young one," Cloehla said in congratulation. Verron nodded his head and focused back on the battle.

"Taai, finish this now! Close quarters Charge Beam!" Verron ordered. Taai ran forward, hands behind him. As he ran, his hands gradually filled with electricity. When he was face-to-face with Honchkrow, he threw his hands in front of him, hoping for an instant win; unfortunately, Honchkrow managed to get in a Sucker Punch, sending Taai flying over the edge of the path and down into the trench. "Taai!" Verron shouted downward as he watched his Pokemon fall to his doom. He turned around just in time to see Honchkrow standing over him. This particular Honchkrow was rather large, almost to the height of Verron's waist. As Verron scurried along the ground, he couldn't help but notice that the Phoenix Wards were not doing anything. "Help me!" Verron called out.

"This is not our fight," Ulysses said in a calm manner. Verron scoffed at the idea and continued crawling until he reached the wall. As Honchkrow prepared a Hyper Beam in front of Verron's face, Taai landed a Thunderpunch on the Honchkrow's skull, promptly knocking it out.

"Taai! You're okay!" Verron exclaimed as he hugged his Ralts.

-Of course I'm okay. What kind of Pokemon do you take me for: a helpless Magikarp? Sheesh,- a voice said in Verron's head.

"Who said that?" Verron asked out loud.

-Who said what? I didn't say anything on account of I can't speak human,- the voice spoke again.

"There it is again," Verron said to himself.

-Master Verron, you are a piece of work, I'll give you that,- the voice quipped.

"Master Ver-...Taai!?!" Verron exclaimed as he looked at his Ralts with shock in his eyes.

-In the thirteen years I have known you, you are just now listening to me?- Taai asked in Verron's mind.

"But how are you doing that?" Verron asked out loud.

-You're making yourself look like an idiot by talking out loud. Concentrate on what you want to say and say it to me,- Taai quipped.

-Like this?- Verron attempted.

-Perfect. I'd like to introduce myself: my name is Taai,- Taai joked as he outstretched his hand.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2010
    It's a Rhydon, if you wish. On that note, everyone may catch a second Pokemon.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Flora walked down the dark, stone corridor with the man in the gray robe in front of her and the Arbok behind her. Willow kept close to her trainer's side, looking fitfully at both the humans and the other Pokemon. Flora herself just stared at the ground as she moved along. She felt like she was prisoner for a crime she didn't commit or else didn't know about.

There was also the fact that the battle between the Knights and the damn Psychic Users was still going on. Flora felt like a complete coward when she thought back to how quickly she closed the door that led out of the sparring yard. How she had pretty much abandoned everyone by following this man into this corridor and leaving everything behind. She felt like a failure and a betrayer. But, unfortunately for both them and Flora, the girl had been trained to follow orders and she did so very well. However, when it came to things in which she had to do on her own...she never did well at all. She always got confused or overwhelmed, not knowing at all what to do until someone finally told her. It was part of the reason why she went to the sparring yard to begin with; Eric had told her to do so and so she did.

"Um...sir," Flora finally asked after a long time of silence, "where, exactly, are you taking me and Willow?"

"To a much safer place," was all the man said, not even turning to look at Flora as he spoke.

Flora frowned even more. "Well...why are you even helping me?" She asked. "You don't seem to care about any of the other Knights, why are you helping me out."

"Because I have been ordered to," the man answered, still not looking at the girl. "It's a simple as that." There was a pause, then he said, "You know, if you wanted to, you could help the Psychics in-"

"Are you crazy!?" Flora shouted, her voice echoing across the tunnel. "I've already betrayed my kind of running away with you!! It would only pour salt onto the wound if I actually helped those damn Psychic Users!"

Arbok hissed a warning at the now spirited girl, but the man shook his head, making the snake back off. "I understand why you are upset," the man said, stopping and looking at the girl for once. "And, indeed, not helping the Psychics will help my quest and make it easier. I only suggested because you seemed close to one of the Psychic Users."

Flora just nodded, not saying anything more. Willow whimpered lightly and nuzzeled against her trainer's ankle. The girl sighed and picked up the small fox, holding Willow against her. The man watched them for a bit before once again walking down the tunnel, Flora followed soon after.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back