• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Hidden Depths

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonAvenger

World's Greatest Breeder
Years
Nice Job

Looking Good, Phoenix!!! But I do Have some questions...

1. How can we buy the finished game?
2. Will the letter styles and borders be interchangable?
3. What is the opening price of the game>?

Anyway, keep it up! If you do a good job, you may even be able to top Fire Red and Leaf Green!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
It should be for free. it would be quite illegal if it were not.

Screens look great! Nice custom message system. The gradient at the top looks out of place because it is taken from r/s, which fades yellow to black. Since you replaced the black with blue, you'll need to change the gradient.

Did you draw the prof or hero? (I never played FR/LG)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
PokemonAvenger:
1, The finished game will be downloadable for free from my site www.freewebs.com/phoenixgamez but that is a while away yet but all demos will also be available from the site. i'll post here when demos are available.
2, Haven't really thought about making the borders interchangable but i'll take it into consideration
3, I don't understand this.
and thanx for the compliments!

DM, The Prof. is a completely revamped version of Prof. Oak and the hero is a recoloured version of the r/s hero.
I know the top of the screen looks out of place, its because it was meant to be black but it made most of the Prof's hair disappear so I had to change it to blue and I could'nt really be bothered to do the whole gradient just yet.
Anyway I appreciate all the feedback!

Years
No need to worry about sending me that avi, I have the R/S roms and i will just get the intro from there. Besides, avi's usualy tend to be huge files

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I didn't do much, just added the possibility of enemy attack. Speed still needs to be factored in, as well as damage calculators. We should move more stuff to Common Events for easier reference. I'll send it whenever I have time.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
well, i've finally completed the first two sets of starting Pokemon for the battle system. i'll do the next one tomorrow and work on the game a bit more and then if i have more time to spare i'll start work on some more new Pokemon to encounter on Route 1.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Here is the first title screen I have made featuring some of the new Pokemon. The title screen may change when the game is nearer to completion but it will do for now.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
yeah i intend to colour it in but for some reason i can't use the paint options on my photoshop program which is what i made the title screen with.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
heres a bit of the story:
Team Aqua and Team Magma join forces and create Team Steam (gettit?) and they attempt to control the world by awakening and controlling the three legendary, mythical pokemon. Yeah its a big, fat cliche i know, but how about this. They succeed and rule over Hoenn to start with and spread to Johto and then to Kanto. It's upto you to foil their attempt to rule your home region but the only way to do it is to capture the right Pokemon that will help you as well as the two peace makers (mewtwo,mew lugia,celebi Jirachi,deoxys that sort of thing) and then have the ultimate battle with the entire world at stake.
This will happen during the second half of the game though as you have all the gyms to work through first...

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Save the pkmn! Sound good! The gradient looks much better now. The only thing I would improve is maybe to change the background of the title pic. Make it something cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back