• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon in need of an Evolution

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
    It's not that bad.

Jynx needs one. Electabuzz and Magmar both got a pre-evolution and an evolution. Jynx only got a pre-evolution. A Jynx evolution would be pretty boss.

Lapras is also another Pokemon who needs one. It's probably one of the most neglected Pokemon. With the same reason as Jynx I believe that Mr. Mime should of gotten one as well. Master Mime?

Pachirisu could do with one as well, most of the non-evolving Sinnoh Pokemon could. Since they're mostly bad.

Master Mime? No, no, that just wont do! Evos and Pre-vos stick with whats true! Mime Jr. -> Mr. Mime -> Why the only feasible name would be Mime Senior! (Mime Sr.?)

Also I believe Lapras should stay unevolved but get a pre-vo but I do agree that Farfetch'd, Pinsir, and Jinx should get one (Cause Jinx's counterpart IS Mr. Mime if you ask me)

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    TYRANITAR AND GARCHOMP LOLZ. I've always wanted Pinsir to get an evolution, if it turned out as good as Scizor did it would be immense.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    How did I not catch this sooner? Moving to Pokemon General, since it's about the Pokemon and not the games specifically.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well, a Deliberd evo would be pretty neat, as well as Sableye like you said, and Shuckle, though I do like on the other side that Shuckle doesn't have an evo. Like someone else said, Lapras already looks kind of evolved and I also thought that it would need a pre-evo. And even though Mantine has a pre-evo, I'd love to see an evolution for Mantine, I think that Mantine is too underrated.

Also, if I would give Mawile an evolution (from your example), I would add 'dark' to its type. I always thought Mawile was dark/steel type, because of the dangerous looking thing on its head. There are some Pokémon that gain a type or change of type when they evolve, so it wouldn't be all that strange.
    Well Jynx because Electabuzz and Magmar got evolutions, I know jynx is ugly but i highly doubt it can get any uglier. Banette because Dusclops evolves into Dusknoir. Both Banette and Jynx share one thing in common, most people classify them as having a counter partner so wouldn't it be fair for both to get evolutions?

:t354:TG
    I thought that Banette evolved from Shuppet? And unlike Jynx who's pre-evo is a baby Pokémon, Banette's previous stage is just a regular Pokémon which you can breed, and it only evolves into Banette at lvl 37 which is pretty late.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I kind of want a Kangaskhan evolution or pre-evolution, like the baby it carries in its pouch.

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
    A few evo wants and some lame name suggestions lol:

Corsola (Urchina?), Spinda (Twirlinda?), Shuckle (Schmuckle?), Tauros (Bullion?), Banette(Ventriloquette?), Mr. Mime (Master Mime/Mime Sr. as was said, good names), Jynx (not even going there lol), Delibird (Deliclause/Santabird [it would look like Santa]), Kingler (Krustaceon), Dugtrio (Dugquadle), Miltank (Lactank), Pinsir (Crushor), Lapras(pre evo Lapby)

Last edited:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    I kind of want a Dunsparce evolution. I feel that the design has a lot of potential - Some kind of serpent-dragon thing with wings and a drill for a tail? That would make an epic evolution.

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
    I kind of want a Dunsparce evolution. I feel that the design has a lot of potential - Some kind of serpent-dragon thing with wings and a drill for a tail? That would make an epic evolution.

Dragonsparce would be a good name for that.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I would love a Kangaskhan pre-evo, but I can think of an interesting way for it to come about...kind of like Shedinja, if your Kangaskhan faints and you have an empty slot in your party (possibly while carrying some kind of item), you get the pre-evo. :3 A bit morbid, but still!

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I would love a Kangaskhan pre-evo, but I can think of an interesting way for it to come about...kind of like Shedinja, if your Kangaskhan faints and you have an empty slot in your party (possibly while carrying some kind of item), you get the pre-evo. :3 A bit morbid, but still!
    What about that Cubone/Kangaskhan theory though? Cubone being an orphan baby Kangaskhan and all?

There is something else considering evolutions that I would CHANGE. Slowpoke's evolution, Slowbro. In the anime, when a Shellder bites on to the tail of Slowpoke, it evolves into a Slowbro, the Shellder becoming part of its tail in the form of a big, spiky shell.

In the game though, Slowpoke is not involved with a Shellder at all, when evolving into a Slowbro. If there was one thing I could change in the game, it was probably this. I would make it so that Slowpoke would only evolve into Slowbro, when you have a Shellder in your party.

This isn't at all hard to realise, because the pre-evo of Mantine - Mantyke -, will only evolve into Mantine when you have a Remoraid in your party, so the concept has already been executed. I think it's strange how they didn't think of this, or didn't include this in the game, because it's so obvious, and I would have loved if it was like this, because it makes sense, compared to the anime.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    I would love Seviper to have an evolution. To further the level of epic. Like a basalisk or something. A HUGE snake >:D

Domo Genesis

This is Beautiful, This is Art
    Years
    It would be nice if Skarmory had a pre-evolution. Like, some kind of mechanical-looking bird. That would be pretty cool.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Tropius could so use a evolution, always liked it's design, but stats wise it's just awful in my opinion. Could definitely use a evolution of some sort.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    What about that Cubone/Kangaskhan theory though? Cubone being an orphan baby Kangaskhan and all?

I put less than zero stock in that theory, there's nothing backing it up except for a faked sprite, lol. So a pre-evo would be nice, if only to debunk that theory. :3

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020

I put less than zero stock in that theory, there's nothing backing it up except for a faked sprite, lol. So a pre-evo would be nice, if only to debunk that theory. :3
    True that you can never be sure because there is no proof, only well, theories. I do think that Kangaskhan would be way more appreciated if it got a pre-evo, I love the design and I think it's underrated.

Years
    Tauros and Miltank should have a shared one and I would say Luvdisc needs one but it would be too similar to Alomomola.
    Lapras' stats are already good enough and Farfetch'd suits not having any evo's.
    I think that Lunatone and Solrock should both evolve when they are in the same team, both at lv40 or something, into a galaxy or cosmos pokemon or something.

Back