• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon is Good

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Hi everyone,
    Name's Gideon and I swung around here because I've had an unlucky time recently (to the point of absurdity) and wanted to forget what's going on by playing some Pokemon and making some new friends while I'm laid up. Alpha Sapphire's been sitting on my shelf since my first-run during release week, and now that I can't get to my classes, it feels like a great time to make an attempt at a living dex; I'd try it in X or Y, but I'm just going to wait until Z comes out for another gen VI run.

I don't have any favorite generation; I'll have fun as long as I'm playing a Pokemon game, main or side-series.
    For other info I don't know what's really interesting... right now I'm a first-year university student planning to major in Geriatrics and Chartered Accountancy, so I'm having a lot of fun with that. This will probably be easier if you guys just ask whatever questions come to mind so I have a direction to go.

I'm looking forward to chatting, battling and trading with you all!

Years
  • Hey Gideon welcome to PC bro . Are you enjoying yourself around. Everybody here is always ready to help here. And if you want to make friends here then you got one. If you have any problem here just ask me. Okay then.

Reactions: 217
    Years
  • Hey, Gideon!

I have to agree with you about favorite generation. As long as I'm playing a Pokémon game, I'm happy. :) That's really great that you're attending a University, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself there. Sort of what it really boils down to, eh? You didn't say much in your introduction! What are some of your hobbies? A really cheesy question, I know, but I'm interested. Knowing some of your hobbies could definitely help me pick some sections out for you. :P

I'm sorry that you've been having an unlucky time recently, hope you're doing a little better. If you ever need someone to talk to, just hit me up. Send me a private message, I'd be happy to talk with you. :) I also sent you a friend request, up to you if you want to accept it, haha.

Welcome to PC!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Hey Gideon welcome to PC bro . Are you enjoying yourself around. Everybody here is always ready to help here. And if you want to make friends here then you got one. If you have any problem here just ask me. Okay then.

I'm not sure yet, but I think I'll enjoy it here.
    Thanks man, that sounds nice :)

Hey, Gideon!

I have to agree with you about favorite generation. As long as I'm playing a Pokémon game, I'm happy. :) That's really great that you're attending a University, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself there. Sort of what it really boils down to, eh? You didn't say much in your introduction! What are some of your hobbies? A really cheesy question, I know, but I'm interested. Knowing some of your hobbies could definitely help me pick some sections out for you. :P

I'm sorry that you've been having an unlucky time recently, hope you're doing a little better. If you ever need someone to talk to, just hit me up. Send me a private message, I'd be happy to talk with you. :) I also sent you a friend request, up to you if you want to accept it, haha.

Welcome to PC!

Absolutely! It's sad, but I've already had a few friends leave and plan to return in the Winter term because they despised their program, which was a bummer after the Orientation Week hype for each department.
    Let's see...

Arts 'n Crafts (knitting, painting, sewing, weaving, etc...)
    Baking & Cooking,
    Going to flea/garage/yard sales,
    Reading & Writing,
    Videogames (love them with a burning passion)

Thank you! I'm probably going to do that later today or tomorrow; midterms are hammering most of the other students here, and I'm twiddling my thumbs because my academic adviser had me write them early, so I could rest for the next long-while. That doesn't leave many friends to chat with, and if they are free, it would be a jerk move to put more stress on their plate by venting {XD}.

Years
  • I'm not sure yet, but I think I'll enjoy it here.
    Thanks man, that sounds nice :)

Absolutely! It's sad, but I've already had a few friends leave and plan to return in the Winter term because they despised their program, which was a bummer after the Orientation Week hype for each department.
    Let's see...

Arts 'n Crafts (knitting, painting, sewing, weaving, etc...)
    Baking & Cooking,
    Going to flea/garage/yard sales,
    Reading & Writing,
    Videogames (love them with a burning passion)

Thank you! I'm probably going to do that later today or tomorrow; midterms are hammering most of the other students here, and I'm twiddling my thumbs because my academic adviser had me write them early, so I could rest for the next long-while. That doesn't leave many friends to chat with, and if they are free, it would be a jerk move to put more stress on their plate by venting {XD}.
    That's a real bummer, I'm sorry to hear that they left so soon.

I have a couple forums that I'd think you'd like to check out. Art & Design is a good one, there's a lot of talented people there and it's really cool to see what everyone is doing. Lots of really nice people there too. Great place to make friends. Next one is definitely Fan Fiction and Writing. Personally, I haven't checked out that forum, but as I'm skimming through it, there's a lot of popular threads. I'm sure you'd love to read some of them and maybe even post your own story. :) As for video games, well, you have this whole website dedicated to just that! {XD} We all share that burning passion for video games!

Being done with midterms earlier than everyone definitely has its ups and downs. You're relieved that you're done with them, but then you're left with not much to do, haha!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Hopefully they come back into departments they enjoy.

This will give me a lot to look through and -hopefully- post in, awesome!
    That's exactly it man. But at least it means I have more time to build that competitive fossil team I've always wanted to try! {XD}

Years
  • Hopefully they come back into departments they enjoy.

This will give me a lot to look through and -hopefully- post in, awesome!
    That's exactly it man. But at least it means I have more time to build that competitive fossil team I've always wanted to try! {XD}
    You should totally keep me updated on how that goes. Sounds like it'll be an interesting team! :)

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I will! It will be nice when this term clears up to becomes less about injuries and more about schoolwork, so the wait doesn't seem as long.

pkmin3033

Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Pokemon is indeed good! It sucks that life's been throwing you curveballs, but Pokemon (and forums) are a great way to relax and unwind a little, even if only for a while - I hope you'll find us accomodating and fun!

Chartered Accountancy, hm? I did two Accounting degrees at University, so yeah, I'd say it's definitely more fun than it sounds! Once you learn the layouts of the financial statements and get the ratios burned into your skull, anyway. I hope you don't have to do taxation as a part of it, too...I didn't find that bit particularly fun at all. xD

If you need anything or just want someone to chat to, feel free to drop me a line anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Pokemon is indeed good! It sucks that life's been throwing you curveballs, but Pokemon (and forums) are a great way to relax and unwind a little, even if only for a while - I hope you'll find us accomodating and fun!

Chartered Accountancy, hm? I did two Accounting degrees at University, so yeah, I'd say it's definitely more fun than it sounds! Once you learn the layouts of the financial statements and get the ratios burned into your skull, anyway. I hope you don't have to do taxation as a part of it, too...I didn't find that bit particularly fun at all. xD

If you need anything or just want someone to chat to, feel free to drop me a line anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

It's been my only good constant from birth to present that comes to mind, which is a reliable thing to have! Everyone here seems incredibly kind and accommodating :)

Taxation is an optional first-year course or mandatory second year course. Do you think it'd be a good idea to get it out of the way as a first-year course? At this point I have a sort of... patchwork for my 10 classes across both semesters, with three ECON classes, five language classes (four extra + one ENGL) and two health science classes (Gerontology and Psych). I'm willing to drop one of them if there's a benefit to taking taxation this year and not next.

Thank you very much. I'm going to pick your brain about anything and everything accounting, which should be fun!

pkmin3033

It's been my only good constant from birth to present that comes to mind, which is a reliable thing to have! Everyone here seems incredibly kind and accommodating :)

Taxation is an optional first-year course or mandatory second year course. Do you think it'd be a good idea to get it out of the way as a first-year course? At this point I have a sort of... patchwork for my 10 classes across both semesters, with three ECON classes, five language classes (four extra + one ENGL) and two health science classes (Gerontology and Psych). I'm willing to drop one of them if there's a benefit to taking taxation this year and not next.

Thank you very much. I'm going to pick your brain about anything and everything accounting, which should be fun!

We try :3

Hmm...well, I would personally say to get it out of the way as quickly as possible; in my opinion, it's easily one of the more complex aspects of finance. That said, it might be better to wait - have you studied anything accounting or finance related before? For me, it was an optional second year course, so by that point we'd covered basic accounting and economics (as well as a horrible statistics course that still keeps me up at night, some costing fundamentals, and basic business accounting and systems) so it might not have been as difficult as it could have been. If you're feeling confident, go for it and get it behind you! If not, build up to it. If you've got to do it in the second year anyway, it might be better to do other courses whilst you can...unless you can do those in the second year instead. Who knows, you might not even find it as tough as I did...standards and practices vary by country, after all~

Anytime! It's not very often I get to discuss this stuff. xD

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016

We try :3

Hmm...well, I would personally say to get it out of the way as quickly as possible; in my opinion, it's easily one of the more complex aspects of finance. That said, it might be better to wait - have you studied anything accounting or finance related before? For me, it was an optional second year course, so by that point we'd covered basic accounting and economics (as well as a horrible statistics course that still keeps me up at night, some costing fundamentals, and basic business accounting and systems) so it might not have been as difficult as it could have been. If you're feeling confident, go for it and get it behind you! If not, build up to it. If you've got to do it in the second year anyway, it might be better to do other courses whilst you can...unless you can do those in the second year instead. Who knows, you might not even find it as tough as I did...standards and practices vary by country, after all~

Anytime! It's not very often I get to discuss this stuff. xD

I took the six AFM classes offered at the high school I attended, and have felt comfortable with all of the work sent our way so far.
    I'll look for others in the course so I can get a taste of it. And that's a fair point, but I hope it's relatively difficult, not much sense in going to your classes if they're not challenging in any way.

Cool :)

Heyo Guideon, and welcome to PC! it's a pleasure to have you here with us!

Life is a ***** sometimes, sadly this kind of things can happen. However, you had a great plan in mind! meeting new people and playing games that you like is a great way to cheer up. And, I'm sure that here, you're going to meet a lot of friends, I hope you enjoy your stay with us and I hope that you have fun with those games!

I wish you luck with everything, cheers :)

You're right, and I already feel a bit better after chatting with a few people here.
    I'll be staying as long as I'm healthy enough to type {XD}

Thank you Archy, I wish you the same! {:3}

Back