• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Isolation

cloudffvii2696

hmmm...What should I put here?
Years
  • Name of Hack- POKEMON: ISOLATION
    ^credit to aquadan

Story: This game takes place about 40 or 50 years after the events of R/B/Y, you're a 10 year old kid that lives on Cinnabar Island (which was turned into a resort town, then bought out, and is just a regular town now), it's a well populated island that was cut-off from society roughly 6 years before you were born. A large earthquake nearly destroyed Kanto and Johto, so both regions are in a panic, people are abandoning many cities, taking what they can. A terrorist organization, Team something, has been wreaking havoc in the two regions, and attacks cinnabar island with full force. With Gary Oak being the only pokemon trainer on the island, he gives you and your best friend two pokemon, and sends you off the island by using the secret path he found just months earlier and stays to defend his home.

After following the path, which is an underground tunnel, you find yourself at a fork: left takes you to johto, but it's blocked off, and going right will take you to kanto. Eventually you will end up in the outskirts of Viridian City, you recognize where you are from an old magazine, so you 'think' that it will be a well-populated city so you can ask for help.
    The aura of Viridian (i can't think of a better word for it, just the feel of the city, i guess) makes those that are easily manipulated, tend to lose it. And that's just what happens to your buddy, he challenges you to a battle, hoping to get him back to normal, you accept it. the two of you duke it out with your pokemon, and then something happens....

That's about all I'm going to show atm, I don't want to ruin the whole story.

That's about all I have at the moment, if more comes to mind, I'll add it.

Hack of: Fire Red

Here are my plans for this hack:
    - Both Johto and Kanto
    - 12 Gyms (well, not really gyms anymore, but still beat the leader and get something pertaining to story)
    - All of the starter pokemon will be available, but you have to start with cyndaquil, it has something to do w/ story
    - A lot of side quests
    - Both regions are going to look more run-down, and some weather changes are going to occur.
    - Deep story

Hack Progress:
    .5% Complete

Done With:
    Mapping Cinnibar Island

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Maps:
    Spoiler:

I'm still relearning how to map, sprite, script, etc. It's been about a year since I did anything that had to do w/ hacking, and I'm just starting to get back into it.

if anyone has an idea for the name of the organization, please feel free to post it.

I still need to get started on the titlescreen, I'm having a bit of trouble getting a Typhlosion to replace Charizard...

Last edited:

cloudffvii2696

Years
  • yeah, the map is kind of eh with the rocks, i still need to update everything, i might just move the rocks that are at the top of the map into whatever route is to the north of cinnabar...

oh, and since I'm not going to be using Gym battles, is there a way so I can make a script that just gives you all of the badges, running shoes, and pokedex when you talk to Gary to get your pokemon?

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    By rombase,i mean you can take a Shinygold rom and hack it to make your own hack.But what watermelon is trying to say is that Zel is not gonna let you do that.

cloudffvii2696

Years
  • oh, ok. I want to do this on my own anyways, but i just don't have too much free time at the moment, so i can only do it little by little.

Bump

I haven't really been able to do much for this game, because of school and stuff, but I have next week off so I can devote my time to that and hopefully get it moved out of the scrap box. and I'm bumping because I don't want it on the third or fourth pages

Ok, so it's been a while since I've posted here, but I'm still working on this, so don't count it as an abandoned game just yet. I'll be posting new screen shots and maps when I find the time, I just need to keep up on my schoolwork before I think of doing anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back