• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Jade *Name the town compo* *Working Title*

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Hello everyone, I have recently been on about this hack that is in the process of hatching for a while. For those of you that don't know I was around the hacking scene for a year or so and always put off actually releasing a hack based on the idea of a D/P premake but didn't get too far due to a lack of resources. Now there several going on in different varieties so that idea has gone out the window. But I am back with an idea that should take me some time, more skills that I can learn and overall fun.

The title is still a working title and ideas are gladly welcomed.

Concept history:

Latios and Latias are known for their for their legendary age and with their psychc abilities they can record and change the history of the world. Because of this power there is one moment in history everybody knows about:

The Icefire region was a very sought after region by pokemon to begin with due to the 2 climates close to each other pokemon could migrate easily over the year. But there were 2 pokemon that wanted it more than any other pokemon and they had the ability to do so.
    Latios and Latias, usually had the odd squabble as you would exepct with siblings but this time it was the worst arguement the two had ever had. They were arguing over the region! They both sent their attack flying at each other, trying with all their might to get the other down, to the other pokemon it was just a flash of colours as the sky darkened with each second as the siblings anger rose in each of them when it finally hit the climatic point both sent a hyperbeam at each other, the most powerful beams that had ever been performed as each attack grew more powerful a giant ball of energy formed in the middle untill no more could be taken and the ball exploded throwing the pokemon in either direction and splitting the Icefire region into two. The two siblings flew to a different half of the region and both found a resting place in the mountains and have slept in them ever since the battle. But now times are changing and it seems that someone is after Latios and Latias!

New team to battle,
    New region(s)
    Catch both Latios and Latias
    Possible D/P pokemon

Like I have said I have onyl started and have first looked at scripting and getting the basics of that before any major graphical changes, hence this being in the brainstorm section

Screenshots to show you the first script:

This script is you getting you're first pokemon from your Mum, it is an unexpected pokemon but I think it is always a pokemon you would get from a mum

I've hit a problem due to the lack of creative jucies (give me a break I at least came up with a story )

I have the region map sorted and will scan it in later as it is still a sketch and I will need someone to make the map image (I would do it but my mouse is crap, but I will try first )

However I have no idea what to call the towns/cities so I have a contest for these names. The region is called Latio (the story Latios sleeps here)

The town areas:

Town 1: Starter town, small, at the bottom of the map. (Lasito Town)
    Town 2: In the mountains that were created when the Icefire region was split. (Xion Town)
    Town 4: As you can see in a corner. just to add another town
    Town 4: After a very long route including a forest.
    Town 5: Actually a City, very big .
    Town 6: The Ice part of Latio (Icefire)
    Town 7: Above town 6, no snow though possibly hot though (some plumes or somthing underneath from the old Fire section, still warm).
    Town 8: Small Island from the Mountain Jetty.
    Town 9: Big town close to a cave which leads to Victory Road.

The map image, crudely drawn, just to show the map layout:

What do you think? Plus please give me your hack and town name ideas!

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Wow...How did you make that script WORK?
    Oh well...It's really good!
    I'll be watching this thread!
    Oh yeah, there's already a hack...somewhere...called Jade...
    I think.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Thanks guys, I know there would at least be one hack with the nam Jade, I just didn't know what to call it and I needed something to help with the story.

Yes that script works fully, however there is a graphical problem with the help text on the menu.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    I'm not mapping untill I have names of towns/cities because I can base the maps on the name. But I have no creative jucies for names :p

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Thanks, I have an idea for the first town name as pleasantbridge town, but I might use i elsewhere. Also thanks for the offer I might have a few towns that might fit it

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    I know I shouldn't double post and I hate doing it but I have a large update :D

I have found a way to name the towns, this will add a bit more to the story as well ;)

The home town is called Lasito Town.

My Mapping skills are to be desired and my mouse makes it even worse but this is just a basic concept as the connection to the next route is being a pain.

Here is the whole map:

and some screens which show how bad the map is:

Constructive criticism please :)

I will add some events soon after I have finished the map to the point I like it.

Town list names so far:

Town 1: Lasito Town,
    Town 2: Xion Town.

Try and work out what they mean :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Yeah but the problem with that is that the new update would never be seen, it is a post with a reason, I know I shouldn't but it had been unposted in for a while to the point I had to use my signature to find it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    There's a name Blue Jade and Jade you should name it to Black Jade? i like Black ^_^

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Black Jade is a nice suggestion but then I don't think that a two coloured name works well, but then it is better than what I have come up with :P.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    I was thinking about this and I am probably going to stick one new region to keep enough space in the ROM so you roam the region of Latio and for you Latias fans I have plans to get Latias in there for a reason.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    The map you have gives you unwanted access to the border easily. And the town looks very plain. I like the story though. You should fix the emptiness in your maps if you want more people to enjoy your hack.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Thats the problem I do not know what to put as tree's will look unnatural and there are no fences in the sand and using the fences in the grass would look unnatural, I could us walls but then many people would jump over then making it screw up.

I'm still thinking of what I can use, but thanks for that advice. :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Ok, I am going on holiday for a week so this is my final update for the moment.

First of all I have sorted out Lasito Town.

Heres what it looks like fully:

And a few screens from the game, Route 1 is screwed however it the screens that show route 1 are there just to show what it's like. Route 1 is my next map to sort out. It is going to be deserty but it may be half sand half grass to try and get that transition to add grass in to look good before heading into the mountains for Xion Town.

Screens:

Comments please :)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Hey, on Advance Map, try not to put Grid on. It's really hard to look at.
    Anyway, it seems pretty cool...xD

You don't need names to base towns on, you know!
    Although, I had my hack's idea for a year BEFORE I even FOUND hacking!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Sorry, I am use to the grid makes mapping easier for me :P

New map picture:

Personally I find it easier to know the names so I can base the map and event on the map e.g There might be a special way to get a rare Pokemon in that town using a different idea *hint hint* ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back