• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Journey of Kanto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
  • I'm going to have to drop my reservation :[
    I don't really have time for three RP's at the moment.

You know I would do this if I could. But, I can't...

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Hey, if .Sublime's dropping a reservation, do you mind if I pick it up? Same Pokémon and all. If not, mind if I reserve a Drowzee? Either way, I can promise an SU by tomorrow if there's room for me (and you're cool with the reservation).

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Thanks for letting me pick up the reservation. I hope everything's okay with the profile below.

Name: Vittoria Fiore (To everyone but her mother, Vee.)
    Personality: "Ti rilassi! Relax!" That's one of Vee's favorite words, and it shouldn't be a surprise. First and above everything else, Vee is incredibly laid-back. So laid-back you'd think she's catatonic. Her philosophy is to take it easy and calm, take everything in stride, and most of all, don't make a big deal out of it. As in, she's not one to stress out, freak out, or otherwise lose her cool. One could say she's incredibly impatient. Most people just say she's fine-tuned to a completely different mental radio station.

For that reason, she appears eccentric, prone to offer zen-like advice in the form of clichés (which are often misquoted in the vein of "A bird in the hand is worth two in someone's shoes."), seeming non sequiturs, and the Italian she's very fond of peppering her language with. On the other hand, she's also very mellow, incredibly loyal, blunt and honest (very likely to tell it like it is… should she ever get on the same wavelength as everyone else), outgoing, and a good listener. She will attempt to make friends with a tree, if only because she's very fond of making and keeping friends. (For this, one can say she's also fairly gullible, considering she will probably attempt to see the best in everyone.)

Of course, she's by no means an idiot. In fact, she's actually rather intelligent, capable of spotting small details, analyzing situations with a critical eye, and coming up with some out-of-the-ordinary solutions. For example, if someone gave her lemons, she'd find a way to use them to light a light bulb. The problem lies in the fact that she often can't communicate her solutions to others simply because she gets so caught up in her kind of language that it just isn't delivered. Alternatively, she'll take so long analyzing a problem that she'll become oblivious to either the fact that the problem gets solved in the meantime or that other problems are cropping up around her.

On the field, she tends to be a bit different. Although she's a go-with-the-flow kind of person who doesn't seem to take much seriously, on the field, she's driven and dedicated, one who can make a quick decision and get excited by the action. She's a hard worker, naturally – when it's something she's interested in. And, of course, battling is one thing she's very interested in.
    Appearance: The first thing to do when meeting Vee for the first time is look down. She's short for her age, and she knows it (not that she actually cares). Not only that, but she's also rather scrawny, making her very unlikely to be seen. She, of course, attempts to circumvent this by wearing as unusually colored clothing as possible. Over her tanned body, she wears a dark green hoodie over a traffic-orange t-shirt. Khaki cargo pants hang from her waist from a bright red belt. Additionally, neon-blue straps dangle from the belt loops, seemingly for no reason other than because she felt she was incomplete as a rainbow otherwise. Her feet are clad in clunky, black boots, seemingly only there to make noise more than to actually protect her feet.

In terms of actual appearance, her face is round and almost always smiling or grinning. Her bright, blue eyes are often narrowed in this expression or otherwise staring at something with a lot more wonder than should be afforded to an ordinary object. Finally, her head is crowned with a mess of short, mouse-brown hair that seems like it's never seen a comb in its life.
    History: Vee was born in Celadon City as the only child to a Pokémon watcher mother and a wanderer father. (Her mother never mentioned what her father actually did, and her father always avoided the question.) A month after the birth of his daughter, Vee's father went back on the road, and since then, although Vee's mother would meet him in Pokémon Centers now and then, Vee's primary contacts with him were through phone calls and letters.

For the sake of her daughter, Vee's mother tried to maintain a largely stable life. She would spend several months in a city, studying the surrounding Pokémon and submitting her reports to the scientific community. But every so often, she'd uproot herself without warning and travel to a completely new area with Vee in tow. Because of this, Vee never made too many lasting friends, and she ended up being home-schooled by her mother and possibly the Nurse Joy or any other tutor who wished to take her during their months-long stays. As a result, Vee became very close to her mother, but at the same time, she also gained eclectic knowledge (depending on who taught her at that particular time) and a batty personality inherited from her only real parent.

She was also, naturally, surrounded by Pokémon from a very young age, but eventually, they simply became another part of her life, not something she really thought too much about. Vee knew that one day, she'd end up doing something involving Pokémon. She just didn't particularly care that much because she saw them so often that they actually became, in a sense, as interesting to her as the sun is to anyone else. Vee's mother noticed this lack of dedication, and for two years, she tried to build a love for Pokémon in Vee, something that was rewarded with Vee's usual nonchalant responses.

So, after having run out of ideas as to how to get Vee to love Pokémon again, her mother decided to uproot herself one more time – this time, headed for Pallet Town, where she hoped to bring her to Professor Oak to get her a starter Pokémon.
    RP Sample: Taken from The World Ends With You: Another Game

Spoiler:

Preferred Starter: Nidoran (M)

Rinnosuke

-Nejibana
    Years
  • Xantine @ : Accepted

Chapter 1: The begining of a new adventure

Professor Oak is a great man. He travels the Kanto Region and studies pokemon. He has sent you and four other lucky kids to become pokemon trainers. You rush into his lab and stand in line waiting for the others. When everyone shows up he hands you your first pokemon (the starter you chose), five red a white balls called pokeballs, and a red mechanical device. He tells you what the red device is and you soon find out that it is a red mechanical device called a pokedex. It records data of every pokemon you meet.

You leave the laboratory with your newly aquired friend and stop in front of Route 1 to start your journey!

What You should do :
    No Battling Trainers in this chapter. You wake up go to Professor Oak's lab and get your first pokemon. You must end the chapter at Route 1

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • Starting Off

Tyler Weston fidgeted in excitement as he waited in line, a few other children his age standing with him looking just as eager. He kept clenching and unclenching his fists in a way to make himself occupied. When Professor Oak finally walked in, he almost hugged the man in relief.

"Good day," he greeted them, smiling kindy. His old, wrinkled face stared deeply into each of their faces as they greeted him back. "Today," he began gravely, "is the day you start your pokemon journey. It is a long road, full of terrible nightmares and hardships, as well as victory and accomplishments. This is not an easy path, being a pokemon trainer. You are to study and train along the battling creature's known as pokemon. Remember this, they are lving beings, and thus must be treated as living beings. They are not tools, nor are they weapons made to accomplish only your sefish goals."

He allowed the children to talk amongst themselves.

"While you yourself may have goals, so too do your pokemon. Their goal is to become strong. You, as the trainer, will guide these creatures into their full potential." He frowned for a moment before putting on a neutral face. "Now, these are pokeballs and pokedex's." He handed them to the children one by one.

Tyler grinned in excitement as he recieved his, nearly smashing them into his pockets to hurry up the show.

"Now go to this table, and recieve your first pokemon," Professor Oak said, turning away and hunching his shoulders, looking as if he had just placed an immense burden upon his shoulders.

Tyler rushed to the table, snagging one as fast as he could, startling a few as he rushed away from the scene and outside. For a momenr, he just stood there, staring at the pokeball in his hand.

Even with all of his excitement, he couldn't help but feel a bit awed that he was about to start this journey...

"Come on out," Tyler finally called energetically, throwing the pokeball to the ground.

With a burst of white light, a small, reptilian pokemon appeared. "Char," it exclaimed, blinking. As it caught sight of Tyler, it bared its fangs and tilted its head questionly. "Madner?"

Tyler leaned down onto one knee, getting eye level. "Hello, there, Charmander," he said softly, barely able to keep the excitement out of his voice. He offered his hand to the fire type.

"Char," Charmander growled softly, sniffing at the hand. After a moment, it gave a nod, grinning toothily. "Charmander," it exclaimed happily.

Tyler chuckled. "I suppose this means you accept me, huh?"

Charmander nodded. "Char," it barked, tail wagging and sending out flames from its tail.

"Well, I'm glad, cuz I really like you," Tyler said, grinning largely. "Come on, its time to start this journey and show everyone what we're made of!"

"Mander!" Charmander barked with excitement, following Tyler towards the first Route that would take them into the heart of their journey.

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Xander squirmed for a while. He had been one of the first to arrive. He looked around the rooms, finally stopping on the table holding the pokeballs. He scanned the table. His eyes locked on to one near the left edge of the table. That one's mine, he thought to himself. I can feel it! He knew it would be his, nothing could keep him from it.

The professor entered the room, a warm grin on his face. A bright shine in his eyes. The wrinkles on his face making him look wise and caring. But Xander never took his eyes off the pokeball. Prof. Oak started to speak, his voice giving a feeling of confidence and pride to the young man. The others stood tall and payed close attention to the man's words.

"Good day," he warmly greeted the kids. Xander tried to reply, but his voice didn't seem to work. His voice rang out as he began his speech. "Today is the day you start your pokemon journey. It is a long road, full of terrible nightmares and hardships..." he paused letting his words soak into the children. "As well as victory and accomplishments." Another pause. "This is not an easy path, being a pokemon trainer. You are to study and train along the battling creature's known as pokemon. Remember this, they are living beings, and thus must be treated as living beings. They are not tools, nor are they weapons made to accomplish only your selfish goals."

He paused to allow the others to discuss his speech. Xander stood quietly, so nervous he was sweating. Oak took a deep breath, letting the kids know he was ready to start again.

"While you yourself may have goals, so too do your pokemon. Their goal is to become strong. You, as the trainer, will guide these creatures into their full potential. Now, these are pokeballs and pokedexes." He lifted them from the table and started handing them to the children. The pressure of his upcoming adventure grew with every second. Oak was only a person away. He stepped in front of Xander. Xander, not able to gaze into the man's face, looked down at his shoes. Oak stood with the pokedex in hand until Xander worked up the courage to look him in the face. Oak smiled and handed him the pokedex. The feel of the device in his made him fully realize his destiny. A warmth spread through his body. This was what he was meant to do.

He quickly tucked the thing into his pocket, not being able to hold in his excitement.

"Now go to this table," he said, his deep voice full of care, "and receive your first pokemon."

The kids went up to the table. Xander placed his hands on the pokeball he decided on earlier. The feeling of the metal on his hand felt right. He lifted it and rolled it around in his hand. It glinted in the light and, without thinking, he extended his arm and tossed the pokeball.

There was a flash of white light and there it was.

"Bulba!" the little pokemon said.

Xander smiled and knelt down next to his pokemon. His bulbasaur.

He put his hand in front of it and it nudged his hand.

"Saur!" the pokemon said, a smile on its face. Xander picked up the pokeball.

"So you're coming with me, right?" he said smiling. The bulbasaur skipped towards the door and turned, waiting for Xander to follow. Xander walked up to it, no, her, and she jumped into his arms.

"Bulbasaur!" she said licking his face. She jumped back down and dashed off, Xander trying to keep up behind her.

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    You are so beautiful, my fair maidan.' A man standing in a shining suit of armor extended his hand fowards. Who was he talking to? Could he be talking to her?! In his metal, she could see her reflection and she was shocked by what she saw. She was wearing a gorgeous long red dress, with beautiful gold stitching, a pair of ruby sleepers that shone in the sun and an esquisite pure gold necklace, with a single diamond, sitting perfectly in between her cleavage. Her makeup looked flawless, her lips covered in the most seductive shade of red that she had ever seen, and my, her hair had waves in it! This was the face of the most beautiful woman she had ever seen. It couldn't be her, but it was. She looked up from her stunning view to the knight's face, which was extremely handsome. He gave her a perfect smile from his perfect face, as he leaned close to her. She could see his lips quite well now, soft and of a superb light shade of pink. It could not be true, these were the things dreams are made of, but she didn't second guess it, instead she prepared herself for the kiss of a lifetime...

'Mumma! Mumma! Juliette isn't waking up! Juliette, wake up!'

Suddenly, it was all gone. No, she won't let it. She tried to focus again, to see that man's handsome face one last time, but nothing happened. All she could see now was black, and she had to accept that the dream was over, even if she did not want to. Her eyes opened, and who should be the first sight she should see? None other than her annoying younger brother, Connor, standing beside her bed, wearing his favourite 'I see a Seel' t-shirt and a pair of army pants, his curly, brown hair a complete mess.

'Mumma! Juliette is awake!' yelled her brother, as he jumped on top of the bed, bouncing up on down. 'Juliette, wake up! Today is special day! Special day!' Juliette pulled the covers off her torso, sat up in the bed, and grabbed her little brother around the stomach.

'Connor, get off my bed and stop screaming!'

'But, you just screamed, Juliette...'

'Connor, now!' Connor quickly jumped off his sister's bed, and ran out of the room, laughing as he did. How annoying, she thought and pulled the cover's back over her face, trying to return to sleep. Not even a minute later, did she hear footsteps in her bedroom again. 'Connor, I said stay out of my room, you little rattata...'

'Please, darling. There is no need to call Connor a rattata,' said a soft, female voice. Juliette quickly threw off her bedsheets and sat up, to see her mother in her room, with no sign of Connor.

'Sorry, Mumma,' said Juliette, embarrassed. 'It's just that...'

'Now, Juliette. It means nothing if you apologise to me. You will have to say that to Connor.' Normal Mumma, always being the best she can and teaching us right from wrong. So kindhearted, even at the worst of times, as Mumma has never been the one to yell or get mad, I had only seen her get mad when Michael set the house on fire and when Connor cracked Aidan's head open with a hammer.

'Yes, Mumma. I will,' Juliette said, nodding her head. She climbed out of bed and gave her mother a hug. 'Morning.'

'Morning, my sweetheart. Now, did you hear what Connor had to say?' What did it matter what Connor said, Juliette thought. He was just some hyperactive child who, somehow, happened to be related to her.

'Umm... he said wake up over a million times...' Slightly going over the top there. 'Oh, and he said something about being a 'special day'...'

'Yes, a special day dear. Can you thing of anything special?' Then it hit her!

'Damn. I totally forgot. Man...' she said, rushing over closet and throwing clothes out, while looking for something to wear.

'Dutchess, today is the day,' Juliette declared as she ran towards a large, white building near the end of Pallet Town. She was wearing on her finest red dress, her favourite black trenchcoat, an aborable pair of ruby sandals and carrying her black carrybag that her mother and she had packed the night before.

When deciding to wear her dress on her journey, her mother said, 'Dear, that is such a nice dress but I don't think it's suitable to be wearing on your journey. It could get dirty, or wrecked.'

'True, Mumma but I want to wear it. It will be fine, don't worry. I have other clothes with me as well.'

'Ok, fine. Oh, my only girl, going on an adventure...' And the conversation continued like that for the next half an hour before Juliette decided she had to go and said her farewells to her family.

Her evolution Pokemon was trailing behind her, trying its hardest to catch up to its Trainer. Juliette could see the sign welcoming to Professor Oak's Laboratory. She stopped at it and waited for Dutchess to catch up, and once she did, Juliette picked up her brown partner and gave her a tight squeeze. 'Today is the day. Can you believe it?' Dutchess seemed to be understanding and gave a nod. 'You ready then?'

'Vee,' happily exclaimed Dutchess.

'All right then. Let's do this thing.' With Dutchess in her arms, Juliette made her way through the sliding doors to find herself in a huge room, filled with pictures of all kinds of Pokemon that she had never seen before, thousands of books on the studies of Pokemon, fossils and all kind of other wonderous things that she had no idea about. She then fixed her attention to an old man in a white trenchcoat, who was being crowded by a small group of people. A few of the boys in the group looked around her age, but then again, she was told often that she looked older than what her birth certificate stated, and the girls in the group seemed to be only slightly younger but then again, she could never know for sure. Yet, this was not the time to be meeting new friends; this was the time to start her journey. After a few minutes, another couple of people turned up at the laboratory, all with looks of awe and excitement on their faces.

'Umm… Excuse me. Everyone,' spoke the Professor finally, trying to gain the attention of the teens. Juliette decided it was best if she listened closely to the Professor speech, as she was not very familiar with Pokemon training. 'Good day,' said the Professor, warmly to the group. 'Today is the day you begin your Pokemon journey…'

Those simple words sent shivers down Juliette's spine.

'It is a long road. Full of terrible nightmares and hardships…'

Terrible nightmares? Sure, Juliette knew it was not going to be near as easy as a stroll in the park but terrible nightmares? That seemed a little too dramatic to her.

'As well as victory and accomplishments.' The Professor paused as he studied the faces of everyone as they went from seriousness and deep thought to excitement again. 'This is not an easy path, being a Pokemon trainer. You are to study and train along the battling creatures known as Pokemon.'

The studying part would be easy for Juliette, as her father had told her everything he knows, due to him running the Pokemon School in Viridan City, which reminded her that her mother had asked her to visit her father before she left on her journey. She was being sidetracked, so she shook her head and gave her full attention to Professor Oak.

'Remember this, they are living beings, and thus must be treated as living beings. They are not tools, nor are they weapons made to accomplish only your selfish goals.' Another pause, this time it was so that the others could discuss his speech.

'Vee vee,' cried Dutchess, from Juliette's arms. She seemed to be looking confused.

'Don't worry, darling,' whispered Juliette so only Dutchess could hear her. 'Nothing to fear. You will love being on the open road, and you will get a chance to battle. Sounds like fun, huh?' Dutchess pouted and looked at her trainer with her big, brown eyes. 'Oh, come on. You will love it, I'm sure of it,' and with that, Juliette kissed the top of her Eevee's head and listened to the Professor again.

'While you yourself have goals, so too do your Pokemon. Their goal is to become strong. You, as a trainer, will guide these creatures into their full potential. Now...' said the Professor, moving over to the table on his right. 'These are pokeballs and pokedexes.' He lifted up a round object, one-half white, the other red and a smaller circle in the middle. Juliette had seen these objects before and knew they were called pokeballs, as her older brothers and her father had showed them to her many times. What she did not know about, was the little red device. She had heard the term 'pokedex' before, but only in postcards from Michael and Aidan, but she had never thought to ask what they did. Suddenly, a line formed infront of Professor Oak, and thanks to her daydreaming, Juliette ended up last in line. The Professor was only one person away now, and once the person infront had dissappeared, Juliette meet face to face with the famous Professor. He smiled and handed Juliette a case with six pokeballs in it, and lastly, the little red device. 'Now, go to this table,' he pointed to the table on his left this time, 'and receive your first Pokemon.' The room suddenly filled with nervous chatter as the whole group walked over to the table to obtain their first Pokemon, everyone except Juliette who made her way straight to the Professor, who was looking quite pleased with himself.

'Umm… Professor Oak?' Juliette stood infront of the Professor with Dutchess in her arms, waiting his response.

'Oh, yes my dear. Why… why are you not other with the others to receive your first Pokemon?'

'Well, you see, umm… sir. I already have my first Pokemon.'

'You do, do you?' said the Professor, confused.

'Yes, sir. You see, when I was 12, my family and I went on a cruise to the Sevii Islands…'

'Sevii Islands, you say?' asked the Professor, cheerfully. 'Oh, yes. Wonderful place. A lot of rare Pokemon around those parts. Wonderful.'

'And, one day while we were exploring, I came across an injuryed Eevee…'

'Say no more,' the Professor cried. 'Is that beautiful Eevee in your arms the Eevee you speak of?' The Professor moved close to Juliette and gently patted the top of Dutchess's head.

'Why, yes sir, she is. This is Dutchess,' introduced Juliette. The Professor moved away from the Pokemon with a big grin on his face.

'Lovely creature. Nice to meet you, Dutchess,' said the Proffesor, bending down to be at eye level with her. Dutchess nodded and smiled, showing that she liked the Professor. 'Let me guess, Dutchess followed you around till you decided to catch it?'

'Exactly, sir. So I was wondering if she could…'

'Be your first Pokemon,' exclaimed the Professor, once again, cutting Juliette off mid-sentence. 'That will be perfectly alright but to be on the safe side…' The Professor turned his back on Juliette and Dutchess and walked over to the table on the right again, to pick up the last pokedex sitting on the table. 'If you would be so kind to place Dutchess on the floor…' Juliette obeyed and placed a nervous Dutchess on the floor.

'You will be fine. Nothing bad is going to happen, right Professor?'

'Ofcourse not, Dutchess. You can trust me,' he said, winking at the Eevee. He then opened up the device and stood back, pointing it towards the Pokemon. 'Perfect. Superb,' he said, closing the device. 'You are good to go, umm…' pondered the Professor. 'I'm sorry but I have seemed to have forgotten your name.'

'Oh,' said Juliette, laughing. 'I'm Juliette Dollandanger…'

'Dollandanger! I know that name from somewhere. Oh yes, are you the daughter of Chris Dollandanger, by any chance?'

'Yes, I am. My father has told me a lot about you.'

'Yes, yes. Your father and I are old pals and your mother…' The Professor again seemed to be struggling to remember names.

'Sue,' Juliette answered.

'Yes, Sue,' smiled Oak. 'And… oh, I know your two older brothers as well. The one with the dark hair had an Abra as his first Pokemon, and the blonde one had a Growlithe as his starter. Yes, umm… was it Peter and Sam, no wait, or was it Paul and Colin…'

'Michael and Aidan,' answered Juliette, surprised the Professor could remember her brother's starter Pokemon, just not their names.

'Yes, Michael and Aidan. Good young boys. Both are friends with my grandson… Oh, damn. What is his name again?' He turned his head to check on the left table. 'Look at this! Everyone is gone. It was nice meeting you, Julia and good luck on your journey.' The Professor stuck his hand out for Juliette to shake and she took the gesture.

'Thankyou, sir.' Juliette bent down and let Dutchess jump into her arms as she made her way out of the laboratory. A wave of excitement and nerves rushed over Juliette as she made her way to the sign that read 'Route One.' 'Ok, Dutchess. Listen up. It is going to be hard, but we can do it. I believe in us.' Then an idea hit her. She placed Dutchess down on the ground and pulled out the red device, and after some time figuring out how to use it, she pointed it towards her Pokemon. 'Now, lets find out what level you are and what attacks you know.'

'Vee!' exclaimed a pumped up, Dutchess, ready for her own journey to begin.

(Sorry for it being so big. I got a big carried away...
    Wondering, can my Eevee evolve in an Espeon or Umbreon?
    & I will be away on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and most likely Tuesday, due to Australia Day Holidays. I will try and post during these times, but it's unlikely. Sorry about that!)

& also, if anyone roleplaying would like to their character to meet with Juliette, give me a buzz!

Last edited:

Rinnosuke

-Nejibana
    Years
  • @ Wolfwisper : Very good post follows all the requirements

Tyler obtained a Charmander Level 5 , a Pokedex , and Five Pokeball's

@ |:Hiro:| : Very well done hopefully you will have fun with Bulbasaur!
    Xander obtained a Bulbasaur Level 5, a Pokedex, and Five Pokeballs's!

@ dayreambeliver : Yes I permit evolutions and other pokemon from different regions during the travel around Kanto.

Juliette obtained a Eevee level 5 , a Pokedex, and Five pokeball's

@ Everyone : the next chapter will be up tommorow get your posts done!

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    The sun was just crossing the horizon when Nathan woke up. He practically jumped out of bed. Instantly alert, he rubbed his eyes, shaking the last sleep out of them. Skillfully, he put on his clothes, and buckled a dozen useful items to his belt. Barely pausing, he grabbed his backpack from the foot of his bed, carefully packed the night before. He quickly ran his eyes over the bag, making sure that he had everything. Satisfied that it was so, he slung the bag over his back, and descended the stairs.

His father was not there; he had left two nights ago, and was not due to return for another three. But, he had said goodbye to his son when he left, and told him to do his best. This Nathan fully intended to do. So, grabbing some food, he headed out the door.

He walked through the small town, looking around at the buildings that had framed his childhood. He saw the library, where he had spent many hours, studying for tests, and readying himself for the world. He, looked back, and saw his house, a small grayish building, with its paintjob fading. He and his brother had painted it only last year, but now it was cracked and peeling. He sighed; something told him that it would be a long time before this house was painted again. Leaving his house behind, he turned and walked towards the lab.

Soon enough Nathan was standing in front of Professor Oak's lab. It was a large, intimidating building, and he paused for a moment before going in. The inside of the lab was cluttered, filled with tables piled high with notes and scientific gizmo's. A half a dozen other children also sat, and stood, waiting for Professor Oak. As Nathan took this in, the Professor entered. As soon as he did, after making sure he had everyone's attention, he started talking,

"Good Day. Today," he said, as if reading cue cards, "is the day you start your Pokémon journey. It is a long road, full of terrible nightmares and hardships, as well as victory and accomplishments. This is not an easy path, being a Pokémon trainer. You are to study and train along the battling creature's known as Pokémon. Remember this, they are living beings, and thus must be treated as living beings. They are not tools, nor are they weapons made to accomplish only your selfish goals." He said all of this in a dull monotone, as if he had already said it to many times before. After saying this he paused, before continuing "While you yourself have goals, so too do your Pokemon. Their goal is to become strong. You, as a trainer, will guide these creatures into their full potential. Now…" and here the professor mechanically gestured at a table to his right. "These are pokeball's and pokedex's." Gesturing at another table, the professor continued "Now, go to this table, and receive your first Pokemon"

All of the waiting trainers quickly filed towards the table, none faster then Nathan, who slipped in front of most of them, and grabbed a pokeball. After doing that he quickly slipped out, and as he left, he realized that not all of the trainers had rushed over to get pokeballs, one, a girl, seemed to already have a Pokémon, it looked like an Eevee, in her arms. Although a bit confused, Nathan did not have time to wonder what was going on. All he did was note her appearance, after all, if she had had that Pokémon for a while, then she should already be a skilled trainer. So, he would have to look out for her in the future. So, he left the lab, determined to succeed, no matter the cost.

Taking carefully measured steps, the pokeball resting on his belt, Nathan headed out of Pallet Town. As he left, he looked around, it might be years before he returned, but somehow he just didn't really care. No, he would be glad to leave this town, for how else could he surpass his brother? Lost in his musings, he didn't notice that he had left Pallet Town, and arrived at Route 1.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • A pickup truck pulled up just down the road from Professor Oak's laboratory. An older blonde leaned her head out the window and squinted towards the sky with a frown. With a sigh, she drew her head back in and looked to the sleeping child next to her. It would be the last time, she knew, she'd see her little girl asleep for awhile.

"Vittoria. Vittoria!"

She reached over and shook the shoulder of the child. The latter groaned and curled tighter into a ball, pulling at her green hoodie to keep her warm.

"Vittoria, come on. We're here."

Slowly, Vee opened her eyes. She yawned and glanced her mother's way.

"Buon giorno, Mamma," she murmured. "What's for breakfast?"

"No time for breakfast. You might be late," the mother responded. "Look, children are already going in. Don't you want to get your own pokémon?"

Vee shrugged.

Her mother sighed. This was how Vee's always been. She wouldn't exactly call it indifference simply because Vee always seemed a little too cheerful for the word. Rather, it was more along the lines of simple submission. Vee took whatever she got in life and was perfectly happy with that. Part of her mother felt a little guilty for that, if only because she had her daughter move around so often that they both had to rely on whatever they could carry with them with much of their funds going into traveling itself. Gifts were rare and often discarded later when the realization hit that there would be no room for them in a suitcase.

Leaning back, her mother smiled and watched Vee unbuckle herself and stretch. Already, her clothes were rumpled, and her hair was a mess. Another sigh heaved from her mother's lungs as she tried to run her fingers through Vee's hair.

"Fix yourself up. You're meeting a celebrity," she said.

Vee ran her fingers through her hair. It was still a mess when she opened the door, but her mother said nothing.

"Hurry on in," she said. "I'll wait here with your bag."

"No problem," Vee drawled as she jumped down from the passenger seat.

With that, Vee jogged around the front of the pickup truck and towards the building. She saw a few children heading in, and with that, she slowed. It wasn't that she'd already lost hope at getting a pokémon. It was just that she already saw them rush in and had decided right then to try going about her own pace instead. For that, it took a few moments before she finally reached the door. And then, when she entered, it took her several more moments of wandering around the place before she finally found the correct room. By then, several children stood there, all waiting patiently.

Before them was a face Vee had only seen on the back of one of her mother's books. Part of Vee was already in awe of his presence, of the wisdom in the elder's face. Another part was actually partly listening to what he had to say.

"—will guide these creatures into their full potential."

His face changed slightly. Vee edged further into the room as she watched with interest.

"Now, these are poké balls and pokédexes," he said.

The man paused to hand them to each trainer. When he reached Vee, she nodded once and accepted the device and set of balls. She slipped the latter into her hoodie pocket and looked at the former, turning it over in her hands and examining its red surface as if it would magically do something incredible.

She didn't notice the man returning to the table until he finally spoke.

"Now go to this table and receive your first pokémon."

The man turned away and shrugged his shoulders. Vee looked up and tilted her head, but she didn't move from her spot until the others had chosen. One even approached the professor as the others moved away – one passing her to go outside and another already releasing a bulbasaur.

Finally, she moved. Walking calmly forward, she examined the table with curious eyes. There were several balls still on the table, each one exactly the same as the other. For that reason, she couldn't begin to guess which pokémon each one contained. So, without much thought in the matter, she came to one conclusion: it all really came down to luck. As in, the best way to choose would be simply to lay her hand on one of them and hope for the best. After all, even if she knew what each one contained, what would that mean? That she'd have an easier time raising one over the other? But how could she decide that, not knowing what she was going to do after she got her first pokémon?

It was, therefore, best left up to luck.

She laid her hand on a ball a comfortable reach away from her.

"I'll take you," she said.

And with that, she picked up the ball and wandered away from the table. It occurred to her briefly that she might want to talk to one of the others in the room, but all of them seemed preoccupied as it was with their own pokémon. So, instead, she wandered back to the front door, her hands outstretched and brushing the walls with the tips until she left the building. Outside, the morning sun felt just the same as it had a moment ago. Everything seemed like it was just the same. She glanced at the ball again.

"Mamma probably wants to see you," she said, "but it wouldn't hurt to have a little peek first."

Carefully, she pressed the button on the face of the ball once to enlarge it and twice to make it open. The red half swung upwards, and a white beam of light jumped from the inside in an arc to a spot on the ground in front of her. In seconds, it twisted and reformed into a small, purple rabbit with spikes all over his body. As the ball snapped shut, the nidoran twitched his ears and blinked as he stared upwards towards his new owner.

Vee made no effort to look excited. She simply smiled and squatted down to his level.

"Hi! I'm Vee," she said.

In what would have been a look of confusion for a nidoran, the rabbit narrowed his eyes, grunted, and turned slightly to the side. She blinked, smiled, and scooped the nidoran into her arms. For a moment, he squirmed, his claws snagging into her hoodie as she walked back towards the truck. When she got there, she was only mildly surprised to see her mother already standing outside with her bag in one hand and a muffin in the other. A smile spread on her face as soon as she saw the purple rabbit.

"A nidoran!" she exclaimed. "That's an unusual choice."

He grunted and flinched as his trainer approached the blonde. Vee shrugged.

"It's what I picked," she said as she placed her new pokémon on the ground beside her. "Luck of the art."

"The draw. Luck of the draw."

"Huh?" Vee tilted her head. "That's weird. Why would someone say that?"

With another shrug, she reached for her bag and slipped it on. The nidoran was busy trying to crawl under the truck, but before it could disappear completely, the blonde stooped to scoop it in one arm.

"It looks like your new partner is just as curious as you are," she commented. "A perfect match."

Vee took the muffin, tilted her head, and bit into it. "Maybe."

Her mother straightened, a smile growing on her face. Then, without warning, she embraced her daughter.

"Good luck," she said. "You'd better go."

Vee blinked. "What about you?"

Her mother shook her head. "I'll stay here for awhile in case you need me, but right now, it's better if you go on your own. You're a big girl now." She pulled away and looked into her daughter's eyes. "Now, you remember everything I taught you, right? Eat only the berries you know are good and avoid the ones you don't know. Stop when it gets dark. If there's a pokémon center, don't be afraid to use it. Keep yourself clean, and don't stock up on—"

"—Only junk food. I know, Mamma," she said. "Ti rilassi. Relax. I'll be fine."

The blonde paused, smiled once more, and embraced her daughter one more time. "I know."

With that, Vee nodded and turned away. The nidoran cast a reluctant look towards his trainer, sniffed, and hopped after her. In the meantime, Vee's mother leaned against the truck, watching her daughter head north towards Route 1. Then, rubbing her eyes, she opened the door of the truck and got in.

In the meantime, Vee ate half the muffin and dropped the other half on the ground. By then, she was at the separation between the town and the route starting from the outskirts. For a moment, she watched her pokémon stop to nibble at the food she offered, but in the next, she turned her head to glance towards the town. The truck was already rumbling away from the lab and towards the center of town. Pulling her eyes away, Vee glanced northward, at the children with their own pokémon and the wide open fields just beyond Pallet's limits. With a smile, she shrugged and looked down at Nidoran, who was staring at her expectantly.

"Ti rilassi," she said to him.

Then, she took her first step out of town.

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
  • Sabrina sat up in bed quickly, throwing the covers off. For a moment, she shook her head, gazing at the clock. Oh yeah, I'm supposed to get a Pokemon today, aren't I? Oh, no, I'd better hurry!

She quickly got dressed and dashed out the door, suddenly not hungry for dinner. Her bright green eyes shone with excitement, her golden hair flowing behind her as a gust of morning wind buffeted her face. Professor Oak's lab was in sight as she dashed down the sidewalk.

The eleven-year-old was tired by the time she reached her destination; it had felt like she had been running forever! Sighing, she stood in the back of the line of the few other people that were actually there that morning. At the front, she caught a small glimpse of the Professor himself, and suddenly, excitement rushed through her. What would she get? Would it be male or female? She cared a lot about names, so the gender mattered to her. She had read a book many times when she was younger, and knew how to tell the difference between the genders of Pokemon.

Finally, she was handed a ball as she stared ahead, mesmerized. She didn't notice until she felt the small sphere in her hand, red-side down. The bottom half, towards her, was a blank white, and there was a black stripe around the middle like a belt that divided the ball in half. It was a Poke Ball, Serena knew. Anxiously, she wondered what it contained, but then, in her other hand, a little red box was placed. The top, she could open, she saw, and delicately, she flipped it up, reviewing a screen.

Serena nodded as Professor Oak told her that it was called a "PokeDex" and sent her off. Blah, blah, blah... she wanted to get started!

Quickly, she raced out the door, eager to see what her Pokemon was. She pressed the button in the middle of the Poke Ball, causing it to drop open like a surprised person's jaw.

What emerged fascinated her. It was obviously a bug, but at the same time, it was huge. Its nose was square, its eyes glinting with bloodlust, and it had three spikes on the top of its head. A green exoskeleton covered the bipedal bug, and its muscular shoulders held up two large scythes that looked like they could cut anything clean in half. On its back, there were two sets of large, dragonfly-like wings. Its chest thinned at the bottom, joining with its hips, which widened almost immediately. The Pokemon's feet were boot-like, with three white claws.

"Scyther," it hissed, wielding its right scythe in front of its face.

Quickly, Sabrina checked for the gender difference. She could tell it was male, because if it was female, its abdomen would have been slightly larger.

"All right then, your name is... um..." Sabrina thought for a moment. "Somehow, Tiger seems to fit you. That'll be your appellation from now on."

Tiger still seemed hostile, but at least he wasn't cutting his trainer to bits.

Sabrina withdrew the Bug/Flying-type, overjoyed. As if she were a Blaziken, she skipped to the entrance of Route 1, ready to start her journey. This was the day.

Shinningkit

So i herd u liek pirat mudkipz
    Years
  • The girl walked into the room, listening to the echoes of footsteps as she went. The room was large and overzealous, as if too much time had been spent in making it for the simple reasons it was used. She looked around at the people inside curiously, watching as they stood and fidgeted. Stopping beside somebody, she studied what was in front of her and decided it was best to ignore the people, as they were all to absorbed in their thoughts or preoccupied with anxiety. The sound of a door being shut quietly entered the room and a man entered, his white lab coat dancing about him as she watched. "Good day." He greeted, dragging the attention of anyone who hadn't noticed his entrance.

Smiling at them all, he gazed at them with a friendly expression, as if was someone's grandfather. The girl raised her hand slightly in a wave, unsure of what she was supposed to do. The professor, finished with greetings, went on, "Today is the day you start your pokemon journey. It is a long road, full of terrible nightmares and hardships, as well as victory an accomplishments. This is not an easy path, being a pokemon trainer." He spoke from his heart, truthfully, as if he knew what they were going to face in their journey. She watched him curiously, watching his honest expression, wondering what kind of man this professor had once been.

The man coughed, catching the focus of the new trainers again. "You are to study and train along side the battling creatures known as pokemon. However, remember this: Pokemon as living beings and thus must be treated as living beings. They are not tools, nor are they weapons made to accomplish only your selfish goals." His speech and expression darkened as he allowed his words to sink in. His words, though necessary, seemed almost too harsh and dark for the group. She studied him, her hidden gaze prying and unwavering. What has he done to make him say these words?

"While you yourself may have goals, so too do your pokemon. Their goal is to become strong. You, as the trainer, will guide these creatures into their full potential." He looked at them all, studying their faces and expressions, and moved closer to them. "Now, these are pokeballs," he motioned to the table and pulled some out of his pocket, handing them to everyone present, "and these are pokedexs. Pokedexs record information about every pokemon you see, aiding you in your study. " He explained, handing each of them a shiny red device.

The girl took hers happily and examined it, excitement filling her as she realized what this machine meant. She opened it and examined it, grinning as she spotted the place to write her name, almost unable to contain her anticipation at the thought of writing 'Marissa' on that very place. Running her gently over the cool metal, the screen blinked once and an automotive voice filled the air, "Hello, and welcome to th-" She quickly snapped it shut and shoved it into her pocket, looking around as if she wasn't the source of the noise. The professor stifled a laugh but pressed on nonetheless with a forced neutral expression.

He motioned to the table, "Now, go to this table, and receive your first pokemon." He turned and walked out of the way, but Marissa couldn't help but think his expression had changed from pride to apprehension. Of course, there was no reason for that, right? Disregarding the thought, she jumped in line, eager to receive her first real pokemon. She could feel the awaiting tension in the air, and happily joined it in her enthusiasm.

Almost immediately, she was close enough to reach out and grab a pokeball. She did so, but stopped, hesitating. Why were the pokeballs arranged like this, all in a row? What if someone obtained a pokemon that didn't like them? She hovered her hand over the next pokeball, but she was still unsure. The pokeballs had to be arranged like that for a reason. Biting her lip, she grasped the first one and walked away as quickly as she could, holding it tightly to her chest. It wasn't until she was outside that she relaxed, calming down enough to look at the pokeball with calm, anxious eyes.

It was red and white, but that didn't give her a clue as to what was inside. She looked around cautiously, unsure of what could happen, not wanting to be around too many people. There was no one but a two people next to a truck, and anyone could tell they were parent and child. Marissa turned away quickly, scowling at herself, "Okay, let's just do this." She threw the pokeball out in front of her and it opened, emitting a beam of light that pounced onto the ground. The white light shimmered and took the form of a bird, and then he stood before her, looking at her with inspecting eyes.

It was her new pokemon.

The Pidgey frowned at his trainer, unsatisfied with her seemingly lack of intelligence as she stared at him, bewildered. The bird turned and walked away, his head held high in a royal sort of way. Marissa blinked at him, "H....hey! Wait up!" She called, running to catch up with her new pokemon. He didn't wait on her and carried himself along, and the two began their adventure.

Rinnosuke

-Nejibana
    Years
  • @ Shinningkit : Very well put heres the reward

Marissa obtained A level 5 Pidgey, a Pokedex, and Five Pokeballs

@ pumpkinziggy : Good post I hope you have fun with Scyther

Sabrina obtained a Level five Scyther , a Pokedex, and Five Pokeballs

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back