• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Kanto!

should there be Johto Pokemon in Kanto

• Yes

Votes: 319 68.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 8.1%
  • have a little

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • I don't care

Votes: 30 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    name a hack thats puts the anime on GBA and you got!!!!!

Pokemon Kanto!

thanks to Aljam

see the offical, website here https://kantohack.webs.com/index.htm

Information
    I played Ash's quest and throught it could be better (any hack could be better even mine) and kanto was born,
    I frist name that came to my head was that it needed a better name I thought about and relised
    that if you change the name of something then you change the object so it kept the name kanto!

Game Information
    hack of firered

don't thick it will be 100% like the anime
    all the major and minor events are in it (tell me if i miss any)
    some hoean pokemon in Kanto
    starter is Pikachu
    play as ash or may

Changes for the last two beta's
    Everthing has been Updated and I mean everything!

Story
    you begin off as ash or may
    you have just turned 10 and will so begin your pokemon journey
    and recive a starter bulbasaur, charmander of squitle
    you oversleep and when you finally get to oak's lab
    he has run out of pokemon
    he did have one pokemon left called 'Pickachu'

Media
    Spoiler:

Bugs
    Spoiler:

Pokedex
    Spoiler:

one off Pokemon
    Spoiler:

TRAINERS
    Spoiler:

Banner's

Downloads
    this beta ends after the E4 campain
    Major Bugs
    don't press START when in Vardian forest while in range with Team Rocket!
    VERMILLION CUTY is a Killing PC don't go inside it unless you have gone to a different PC
    In Rock Tunnel if you talk to the Pokemon ranger the game crasher's
    if you go towards Cylce Road the game crashes
    talk to Brock in celedon City the game carsh

Pokemon Kanto!

Last edited:

Zamith

The well-known trainer (not)
    Years
  • Hey, hey... ok, i might try it out soon so to have a better idea of the hack. I am actually interested in hacks that try to follow the anime episodes.

But I've gotta tell you.... the screenshots kinda turned me off. Not because of mapping or scripting -- but because of grammar. No punctuation, misspelled words, "Pickachu", wrong articles. I know sometimes is hard to write everything neatly... but there are just too many mistakes in your hack. I suggest you start paying more attention to that... 'cause, according to some comments i've seen in the forum, that's not a problem only to me.... it drives a lot of people away.

But, besides that.... keep up with the good work.

Tunaboy88

Special Beam Cannon!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
  • Hey, hey... ok, i might try it out soon so to have a better idea of the hack. I am actually interested in hacks that try to follow the anime episodes.

But I've gotta tell you.... the screenshots kinda turned me off. Not because of mapping or scripting -- but because of grammar. No punctuation, misspelled words, "Pickachu", wrong articles. I know sometimes is hard to write everything neatly... but there are just too many mistakes in your hack. I suggest you start paying more attention to that... 'cause, according to some comments i've seen in the forum, that's not a problem only to me.... it drives a lot of people away.

But, besides that.... keep up with the good work.

I agree Zamith with the grammer it is qutie bad.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2016
    found a few bugs..... at the start when u get the pokedex from prof oak there is ALOT of random letters that go through the chat box, then when i was in the forest, i beat team rocket, and somehow they all turned into my char and i walked as one of them and could only move 3 steps, any ideas?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Is this better version of Ash's Quest or what is this ??!
    If you've already managed to make it till E4.

EDIT: I downloaded the hack and started it and it was great...until I got pokedex from Prof. Oak
    The game freezes in the time when you get Pikachu and pokedex in the beginning.
    You should fix that and give new beta after it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2016
    ok worked out what the bug is after team rocket..... the bug takes effect if you press "start" aka to open bag or anythin like that, it freezes

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    found a few bugs..... at the start when u get the pokedex from prof oak there is ALOT of random letters that go through the chat box, then when i was in the forest, i beat team rocket, and somehow they all turned into my char and i walked as one of them and could only move 3 steps, any ideas?

the pokedex bug I will be fixed and don't press strat when your next to team Rocket in Varidain forset

Is this better version of Ash's Quest or what is this ??!
    If you've already managed to make it till E4.

EDIT: I downloaded the hack and started it and it was great...until I got pokedex from Prof. Oak
    The game freezes in the time when you get Pikachu and pokedex in the beginning.
    You should fix that and give new beta after it.

I'll be doing a bug fix soon

ok worked out what the bug is after team rocket..... the bug takes effect if you press "start" aka to open bag or anythin like that, it freezes

yep just don't press start

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Whoa, whoa, whoaa!

Balkj06, the mapping looks alright and the scripts look sweet, but the grammar... :\ It turns a lot of people, myself included, away from a hack. :\ Try to fix that. :D Then it will be totally awesome.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Whoa, whoa, whoaa!

Balkj06, the mapping looks alright and the scripts look sweet, but the grammar... :\ It turns a lot of people, myself included, away from a hack. :\ Try to fix that. :D Then it will be totally awesome.
    I have to wholeheartedly agree with NC here. Everything looks real nice, except the darned grammar. It's horrendous. Work on that my friend, and you'll have a quite decent hack.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    I have to wholeheartedly agree with NC here. Everything looks real nice, except the darned grammar. It's horrendous. Work on that my friend, and you'll have a quite decent hack.

I've updated, the grammer up for the start of the hack!
    and, have fixed the bug, of Pr Oak getting the pokedex.
    but the bug, in Vriadian Forest I can't fix!!!
    it's a bug , in Pokmon Fire-red!
    if there is , a trainer battle or you press 'start', and a sprite is too close, to you the game.
    crashed .so don't press start .while you are within, range of Team Rocket!

UPDATE!!!!
    I relised a new beta beta 3.2 with bug fixes!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2016
    i'll keep lookin for more bugs for ya m8 :) so more i find the better it will be once its fixed :), n the sooner u can release another beta

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    i'll keep lookin for more bugs for ya m8 :) so more i find the better it will be once its fixed :), n the sooner u can release another beta

yep thanks for the bugs you found

UPDATE
    nothing!!!!
    yep, no update's. I've being doing bug fixes, so kanto 3 bug fix will be out soon. but, there is this one bug, during the game, if you catch a pokemon, lets, say a rattata. It would, say spearow, was sent to Bill's PC and it's not spearow, but a rattata. If anyone knows the sorce of the problem please PM me.

see the offical, website here https://kantohack.webs.com/index.htm

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    It looks good, but PLEASE text edit everything. The text is really bad, with a lot of errors.

gameguy95

Master trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2009
    i dont know if you fixed this in 3.2 or if something went wrong with the download but when you go into the cave to get the potion, as soon as you tak 1 step in any direction the potion reappears. also whenyou use the potion on the injured pokemon, you still have the potion and you can keep giving the potion to it over and over again!

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2022
    how the hell do u catch the bulbasaur? he blocks the pokeballs! and wen u kill him he dies! plz some1 help

Years
  • Do something about the grammar and spelling, it's really bad.

You're better off posting no banner than a banner like that one, lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back